MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

pocketmouse

Karen has the lippies up!

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/...t-velvety-welcome-matte-for-lips/#more-125831

eyelove.gif
Seductive Intent is lovely! Looks like this is going to be my first mattene, I can't wait!
heart.gif

MRV

I'm getting the Mattenes, Unconventional Blush and RIS. I already have RIS from VV and FoJ, Fresh Amour & Rare Exotic Mattenes (in anticipation of the new ones I'm wearing a combo of FA and RE, they actually give a nice, intense colour similar to Night Blooming), but well... you can never have too many:

These are from http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery?brand=11&action=Sort&type=156 of course, I had to take a screenshot to keep the pics together.

BuickMackane

RIS looks lovely on Karen
eyelove.gif

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/...ac-taste-temptation-lipglasses-purples-reign/

I was determined that RIS would stay off my wishlist but now I'm not so sure...

Inner voice1: It's too sheer! You don't even like lipglasses that much anyway. You did the right thing by leaving it out of your CP.

Inner voice2: It's purple dammit! And so what if it's sheer? You can layer it over other lippies. Imagine how gorgeous it would look layered over Grey Friday! You need it!

Yours truly: Aaaargh!!!

VioletPearl

Taste Temptations won't be sold here, but whatever, I'm disappointed with Unconventional... :( It is too pink, I expected it to be really levander.

Miss Dynamite

I was hoping Night Blooming would be closer to Outrageously Fun since MAC seems to have no intention on ever restocking it...but it looks completely different. I think I might pass.

katred

Specktra Bestie
So far,I'm most tempted by Unconventional. I have a lot of pale, cool pink blushes, but it's also a colour I use a lot, so I don't think another would go amiss. I am a bit disappointed that it's not a true lilac, though.

ChosenOne

I was hoping Night Blooming would be closer to Outrageously Fun since MAC seems to have no intention on ever restocking it...but it looks completely different. I think I might pass.
There's a MAC counter in NY that still has a few OF lippies left in stock, and I'm pretty sure they can ship it to you. If you want the info, PM me!

sherm

Thanks for doing this! I think I may skip Night Blooming and just get the two other mattenes - I already have Pink Pigeon! Hooray, getting my list down to two items!

Icecaramellatte

I'm just getting a Revenge Is Sweet backup when it launches online. Skipping the blushes - I have Magenta already and Full of Joy and I don't wear either much. But this is good news as I've been makeup shopping like crazy especially from other brands. My wishlist is long. I think out of everything coming out I'm looking forward to Apres Chic?? the most.

sss215

Kind of off topic but I hate the way Black Friday overshadows Thanksgiving. I love shopping like most people but dang some people won't be able to really enjoy the holidays because of work or rushing to get to the store. I hope you ladies in the US have a great Thanksgiving! 
I totally agree with you! I don't like how the Christmas decorations hit the stores right after Thanksgiving. It kinda ties into the Black Friday rush. I love Thanksgiving! Have a great one!

Liz2012

Thanks for doing this! I think I may skip Night Blooming and just get the two other mattenes - I already have Pink Pigeon! Hooray, getting my list down to two items!
I can't believe i'm saying this but i was thinking the same thing after seeing these comparison swatches. I already have Dear Diary and am getting Pink Pigeon for sure, i don't know if i need yet another lipstick shade THAT similar to those two
shrugs.gif
Need to have a good think about this lol.

sss215

so, Revenge is Sweet lipglass is a repromote? it's the same one from the villains collection?
Yes. I love it. Since my bottom lip is a pinkish color, RIS shows up really well. I misplaced my original in my room somewhere, so I have to grab one more.

sss215

I'm getting the Mattenes, Unconventional Blush and RIS. I already have RIS from VV and FoJ, Fresh Amour & Rare Exotic Mattenes (in anticipation of the new ones I'm wearing a combo of FA and RE, they actually give a nice, intense colour similar to Night Blooming), but well... you can never have too many: These are from http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery?brand=11&action=Sort&type=156 of course, I had to take a screenshot to keep the pics together.  
As soon as I saw Night Blooming, I felt like it looked extremely familiar! I guess it will be good for those that want to back up the shade, or missed out in the past. Then of course there are hundreds of people who will never know about the same color being released time and time again.

Dominique33

I'll skip on this collection, I prefer buying from Après Chic or Strength in fact. Christine from Temptalia made a review of the quad, looks chalky and really bad. The blushes look pretty but I have enough blushes so I'll wait until the other M.A.C collections are launched.

Haven

Thank you for this. I already have QS, DD, and PP, so I should definately skip NB. Too similar!

Kaidan

Thanks for the comparison swatches, it's really helpful! :D I'll skip on Night Blooming since I'm more interested in Pink Pigeon. Petals and Peacocks looks lovely though, maybe that one will be repromoted some day ~wishful thinking~. I'm probably skipping the rest of the mattenes and just go for Revenge is Sweet lg and Perky lg. I'm still on the fence with Unconventional blush because I don't own any blushes, but the color is very pretty. I recently bought a dress that matches the color of Unconventional blush, so maybe I'll take a chance and buy an actual blush for the first time.

CartoonChic

As soon as I saw Night Blooming, I felt like it looked extremely familiar! I guess it will be good for those that want to back up the shade, or missed out in the past. Then of course there are hundreds of people who will never know about the same color being released time and time again.
Lol, and then there are those of us who do know and still want to get it anyway.