MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

Teggy

Honestly, after seeing swatches, I'm not that excited. The mattenes look like stuff I already own. Passionately Tempted blush is unique, but way too dark for me. I may end up getting Unconventional blush, but that's probably about it.

aradhana

it looks like everything is still in stock in canada.

strangely, my order is still pending. what's wrong with you, MAC????

i hope the same thing doesn't happen as with my glamour daze stuff...(where they backordered my round midnight and never bothered to send it....aargh!!!)

pocketmouse

Of course
eyelove.gif
!

I skipped the mattenes though. NI came out a bit patchy on my lips and made them look dry. IMO, there are better light lippies out there. SI and NB were much better, but they are not my colors.
Was SI more purple on you or more like that wearable rosey color that we've seen in some of the lip swatches? I know we're around the same color skin tone, although I know lip pigmentation definitely plays a large part in it, but I'm looking to get a bright purple, something Heroine/Violetta esque (that will go with Boys go Crazy l/g) and am wondering if NI would be good?

lyseD

aradhana I order from MAC Canada a lot and my order ALWAYS arrives before the site even says it is shipped. Don't worry you'll soon have your goodies.

aradhana

aradhana I order from MAC Canada a lot and my order ALWAYS arrives before the site even says it is shipped. Don't worry you'll soon have your goodies.
i hope so. usually i have good experiences with ordering online, but for glamourdaze it was not. hopefully this will be like the other times!

are you going to be getting anything from this collection lyse?

neondust

My SI should be here Wednesday at the latest so I will post up a comparison photo if someone else doesn't get to it first! I hope SI is darker than Divine.

I'm still waffling on Night Blooming because I have Pink Pigeon and a couple other bright pink lipsticks. I wish I had gotten Zen Rose while it was available; I thought it was going to be permanent and waited too long. I almost think I could mimic it with NB and a deeper pink lip pencil. Tough decisions.
It's kind of wierd because when I was looking at swatches one would seem to look like divine and in another swatch the night blooming would like divine!! But obviously they are pretty different from one and another. I love brights pinks and the bright pinks (expect for maybe some rare color) are the only time I get really excited about comming out.... and even though I feel I could never have to many bright pink lipsticks I was afraid these might pull more warm (which warm and I aren't good friends) because the swatches seem to look so different in one pics from the next. I'm still on my 1st candy yum yum and haven't even broke open the bu, so that along with my nylon lip tar, barry m shocking pink, liquid backstage bambi (my starting line up and staples) I also have all kinds of pitch hitters so I'm think gonna just hold out so I TOO can have a pink pigeon!
rasta.gif

KMQE716

Maybe it is a skin tone thing, or maybe lip tone. Night Blooming isn't close to Candy Yum Yum at all on me. Candy Yum Yum is a brighter candy pink. Night Blooming is more fuchsia. It's closest to Fusion Pink out of my stash, but Fusion Pink is darker and has a bit more pink.

On me, Heroine is a bit darker than Seductive Intent. I did a side by side comparison on my lips, and I do still see the difference. Heroine is darker. I would say Seductive Intent is probably closer to Violetta colorwise, except Violetta has a pearlized finish. I did a side by side with Seductive Intent and Violetta on my lips, and the main difference I see between the two is the finish. The color is basically the same.
I agree S/I is not as dark as Herione at all. Herione is more purple....Seductive Intent reminds me of Up the Amp with a pink tan lol

Mac-Guy

Was SI more purple on you or more like that wearable rosey color that we've seen in some of the lip swatches? I know we're around the same color skin tone, although I know lip pigmentation definitely plays a large part in it, but I'm looking to get a bright purple, something Heroine/Violetta esque (that will go with Boys go Crazy l/g) and am wondering if NI would be good?
It was definitely more on the purple side on my complexion.

Mac-Guy

I agree - that quad looks more tempting than some people's opinions of it might imply. I'm probably going to hold off, though, since I also agree that purplish blue is going to be huge this year and would rather wait and see if one comes out in a more favorite formula, like a new EDES or Electric Cool or (lord help us) a new Mega-Metal!
Exactly. It's the purple hues in the blue that makes this quad so fascinating.

Spanky

Those 2 pictures make me want to the mall NOW & grab my order from Blk Fri. I hadn't picked it up because I thought it was coming out on Thurs. (this Thurs that is...no, they said the 16th it will be out???) (I'm also behind on Strength & Après Chic when are those supposed to launch OL & in stores, please help me!) Why is the 3 Mattene never swatched? I didn't order it because it seems dupable??? Is their a link to that Mattene & the blushes on here? TIA!
I'm hoping it looks like this on me, but its a long shot... http://www.makeupbyshannyn.com/2012/11/mac-taste-temptation-lipsticks.html?m=1 I'm loving the way Night Blooming looks here too!

singer82

Oh hey sweetie! Hope you are feeling better :hug: Strength and Apres Chic is Dec 26th Heres a couple links to swatches hon... http://www.beautezine.com/mac-taste-temptation-powder-blushes-review-photos-swatches/ http://m.vampyvarnish.com/2012/11/mac-taste-temptation-swatches-photos-review http://laurenclarkmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/11/mac-taste-temptation-swatches.html?m=1 It seems that the colors differ on lips. Some people it looks pink and some purple. Think it depends on coloring and lip pigmentation too. Hope this helps hon, missed you tons!

RaizinnthaSun

Man! I thought this collection didn't launch until the 6th. Arrgh. I can't stand when MAC does this. They had been pretty good about the launch dates lately- Marilyn launched when they said it would- I thought MAC was changing its way, for the better.
Anywho, I've been looking at a lot of Instagram pics of Seductive Intent....and the pictures make it look a lot like my MAC Dish It Up lipstick (I think that was from Shop Cook). It doesn't really look like Heroine at all- I was wishing it would, because I missed out on Heroine.

lyseD

i hope so. usually i have good experiences with ordering online, but for glamourdaze it was not. hopefully this will be like the other times!

are you going to be getting anything from this collection lyse?
Just Nocturnal Instincts. Hopefully today!

GlamQueen21

I ordred Perky l/g, Unconventional Blush and Passionately Tempted Blush Monday and it shipped yesterday!! I get them on Friday!!

martiangurll

Swatches of Perky are starting to grow on me? Anyone want to enable me to go off my no buy for gloss? Has anyone who actually worked with the quad IRL found it to be as chalky as bloggers lead me to believe? I really like the looks of all the colors (except of course for Carbon, but we know how I feel about that already). It is SO hard to skip a quad but I don't know if I should skip this one. I know I can probably get it cheaper at the CCO should I get the dreaded remorse...

CartoonChic

Swatches of Perky are starting to grow on me? Anyone want to enable me to go off my no buy for gloss? Has anyone who actually worked with the quad IRL found it to be as chalky as bloggers lead me to believe? I really like the looks of all the colors (except of course for Carbon, but we know how I feel about that already). It is SO hard to skip a quad but I don't know if I should skip this one. I know I can probably get it cheaper at the CCO should I get the dreaded remorse...
Perky is very similar to Morning Glory Lusterglass, which is permanent.

EDIT: Lol, wait! I completely read that wrong. You want to be enabled.