MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

elegant-one

elegant-one, don't forget to check out the quad. To use some famous words to express my feelings towards the quad: "Le bleu est à la mode cette année!"
heart.gif
Ok...but only because YOU say so
bouquet.gif

elegant-one

Lucky girl ^ I have to wait until Thursday. There's no point in me paying $2 for 2 days as I'm already in their 2 day ship range. But I'm still not sure why overnight took from Mon. to Thurs.
blah.gif

kimibos

Lucky girl ^ I have to wait until Thursday. There's no point in me paying $2 for 2 days as I'm already in their 2 day ship range. But I'm still not sure why overnight took from Mon. to Thurs.
blah.gif
did you pay the $10 for overnight?? i would definitely call them.

ChosenOne

blah.gif
I was complaining in the GD thread about "overnight" shipping, where I ordered early on a Monday afternoon, it didn't ship until Wednesday, and it didn't get to me until Friday. Granted, the extra day was UPS's fault...they somehow "missed" my package Thursday morning. Point being, overnight and 2 day shipping seems to disappoint people a lot!

liba

should I buy blue glaze nailpolish? I don't wear np that often but it seems like a good formula, is it worth it?
It's hard to photograph these kinds of blues, but I was waiting for it eagerly. Seeing the photos, though, it looks more similar to China Glaze's Man Hunt than I would have wanted. That's a beautiful rich blue (pretty much the best I've seen from China Glaze), so it's something to consider if you want to save some $.

liba

elegant-one, don't forget to check out the quad. To use some famous words to express my feelings towards the quad: "Le bleu est à la mode cette année!"
heart.gif
I agree - that quad looks more tempting than some people's opinions of it might imply. I'm probably going to hold off, though, since I also agree that purplish blue is going to be huge this year and would rather wait and see if one comes out in a more favorite formula, like a new EDES or Electric Cool or (lord help us) a new Mega-Metal!

erine1881

I'm so sad, that was pretty much the only item I was really excited about getting from this collection. I literally fell asleep and woke up to it being sold out. :( I'm so sick of MAC doing this... seriously. I can't deal with them releasing such limited quantities that I hardly even have time to make a decision before it sells out.
I just saw that SI is sold out. ^Ok, thanks! Then I don't need SI at all. Instead, I'm going to get Strong Woman l/s from Strength collection.
Don't worry. There's always the store launches, counter launches, as well as macys and nordies online next week. It'll still be available.
I was talking to a MA at my local MAC store yesterday about the limited quantities they get in for these collections, and she had an interesting explanation.  She said that the number of each product that a store gets is greatly based on how similar products have sold in the past at that location.  For example, at this location they received about a dozen Unconventional blushes to sell, but only 2 or 3 Passionately Tempted blushes (with one of each blush being made into a tester).  Bold blushes don't generally sell well at that location, but lighter shades do, hence the unbalanced distribution.  At locations where more customers are into brighter, bolder blushes, more Passionately Tempted will be available. I still think sending only 2 or 3 of a limited edition product to a store is borderline insanity, but I found this information interesting anyway!   
It also depends on how much over stock locations have of older LE collections. If there's still a lot of older LE products, its using up revenue that is spent on newer inventory. Until the older products sell or are RTVd, the $ just sits in the drawer, causing fewer quantities of new stuff to be sent out.
Did we know if this will be on macys online?
It will be. As well as nordstroms online and other online sites of dept stores that carry mac.
should I buy blue glaze nailpolish? I don't wear np that often but it seems like a good formula, is it worth it?
Unless its an outstanding, one-of-kind colour not available anywhere else, mac polishes aren't worth the price tag. Even with a pro discount!

ChosenOne

It also depends on how much over stock locations have of older LE collections. If there's still a lot of older LE products, its using up revenue that is spent on newer inventory. Until the older products sell or are RTVd, the $ just sits in the drawer, causing fewer quantities of new stuff to be sent out.
Interesting! That actually makes some kind of sense...thank you for sharing
smiles.gif

martiangurll

I agree - that quad looks more tempting than some people's opinions of it might imply. I'm probably going to hold off, though, since I also agree that purplish blue is going to be huge this year and would rather wait and see if one comes out in a more favorite formula, like a new EDES or Electric Cool or (lord help us) a new Mega-Metal!
That would be lovely.

lilinah

Grrr. "Everyone" was saying this collection wouldn't be on-line until Dec. 6th. But, what the heck, i checked it out today, and Seductive Intent was already sold out! I'm not really surprised, just that it was online yesterday! But if it's pretty much like Violetta i don't need it. I have Violetta and it's too bright and not blue enough for my taste. Of course, now that i have OCC Butch (periwinkle blue lip tar) i can make it bluer, or use Grey Friday to make it less bright, or both!

So i ordered Nocturnal Instinct, Perky, and Unconventional. I hope i don't hate NI, since i had no opportunity to see it in person. And I hope the 2-Day shipping thing works and it gets here on Friday. Cuz i'm driving back home on Saturday... Sigh. Well, i have to come back down here in mid-December to get some furniture, so...

singer82

:thud: I'd love new mega metals!!!! Such an amazing formula. A purple blue sounds divine