MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

ChosenOne

lol I'm right there with ya! I missed out on this code too because I placed my order last night. Figures!
My sister in misfortune, lol
drinks.gif

ChosenOne

I was talking to a MA at my local MAC store yesterday about the limited quantities they get in for these collections, and she had an interesting explanation. She said that the number of each product that a store gets is greatly based on how similar products have sold in the past at that location. For example, at this location they received about a dozen Unconventional blushes to sell, but only 2 or 3 Passionately Tempted blushes (with one of each blush being made into a tester). Bold blushes don't generally sell well at that location, but lighter shades do, hence the unbalanced distribution. At locations where more customers are into brighter, bolder blushes, more Passionately Tempted will be available.

I still think sending only 2 or 3 of a limited edition product to a store is borderline insanity, but I found this information interesting anyway!

iLoveBlush

I
Dammit! I'm so bummed Seductive Intent sold out already, I was going to buy it after I went to the bank tomorrow. UGH! Does anyone have an extra SI they'd like to sell me? I'm so sad, that was pretty much the only item I was really excited about getting from this collection. I literally fell asleep and woke up to it being sold out. :( I'm so sick of MAC doing this... seriously. I can't deal with them releasing such limited quantities that I hardly even have time to make a decision before it sells out.
I saw it was still available on Bloomingdales.

martiangurll

Don't forget Belk. The ebayers don't know about that one yet (and don't tell them). Hope everyone gets what they want. So we are all skipping the quad? I think I don't love blues enough to take a chance on a quad that may be chalky and has the dreaded Carbon in it. WWSD?

Mac-Guy

Don't forget Belk. The ebayers don't know about that one yet (and don't tell them). Hope everyone gets what they want. So we are all skipping the quad? I think I don't love blues enough to take a chance on a quad that may be chalky and has the dreaded Carbon in it. WWSD?
To be honest, I don't think that is the case. It's rather a matter where one can use the Pro discount vs. stores/online stores where the discount does not apply.

Nope. :)

elegant-one

I was thinking the same thing....IT HAS CARBON in it AGAIN
thud.gif
lol.gif

I'm blanking. What is WWSD - What Would Santa Do?
amuse.gif

Mac-Guy

elegant-one, don't forget to check out the quad. To use some famous words to express my feelings towards the quad: "Le bleu est à la mode cette année!"
heart.gif

ChosenOne

The code was actually on the website (right side) since Sunday. Did you see it too late?
I didn't see it at all! I only found out about it through an email I received late Monday morning/early Monday afternoon. Maybe it was there and I didn't notice it because the code are usually on the left side? Either way, I think I'm just going to pretend the code wasn't on the site when I ordered so that I can sleep at night without grinding my teeth in frustration, lol.

The good news? My order shipped today!

Mac-Guy

I didn't see it at all! I only found out about it through an email I received late Monday morning/early Monday afternoon. Maybe it was there and I didn't notice it because the code are usually on the left side? Either way, I think I'm just going to pretend the code wasn't on the site when I ordered so that I can sleep at night without grinding my teeth in frustration, lol.

The good news? My order shipped today!
Yes, I meant the left side. TBH, the code was not that good anyways, so you didn't miss out much.

CartoonChic

Found this pic on Instagram. They seem pretty cose, with Heroine being a tad bit darker. May pull identical on the lips though.

Maybe it is a skin tone thing, or maybe lip tone. Night Blooming isn't close to Candy Yum Yum at all on me. Candy Yum Yum is a brighter candy pink. Night Blooming is more fuchsia. It's closest to Fusion Pink out of my stash, but Fusion Pink is darker and has a bit more pink.

On me, Heroine is a bit darker than Seductive Intent. I did a side by side comparison on my lips, and I do still see the difference. Heroine is darker. I would say Seductive Intent is probably closer to Violetta colorwise, except Violetta has a pearlized finish. I did a side by side with Seductive Intent and Violetta on my lips, and the main difference I see between the two is the finish. The color is basically the same.