MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

miss0annette

Good Morning gals!

Oh my I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread. My list for TR is just getting bigger.
mac_atemywallet.gif

matchachoco

Thanks 
flower.gif
What bronzer do you use? Sun Dipped looks pretty subtle on swatches but I haven't seen it IRL. I wouldn't describe my complexion as cool-toned, but more as neutral (actually, it would be more on the nondescript greyish side of the spectrum if such a spectrum ever existed lol). I probably could use a bit of bronzer when it's really sunny so that I don't scare off animals and small children as much.
:) I know the feeling! I use Stila One Step Bronze, which is liquid and surprisingly light & subtle. Also MAC By Candlelight (not technically a bronzer but close enough :)).

brittbby

Now that temptalia posted her review of the pencils... I think they are back on the skip list. So small for that price tag.... Geez MAC

miss0annette

Now that temptalia posted her review of the pencils... I think they are back on the skip list. So small for that price tag.... Geez MAC
I have RG on my list but I think I will re add Polished Jet. I've been looking for a base to create a smokey eye. Hmmm. But you are right $21 is pricey.

brittbby

I agree! I'm sure I can find similar colors in other brands...
Right? Like its 1/2 to 2/3 less than most and at a higher price tag!! And for something ill probably just use UNDER my eyeshadow.... Milani makes some great ones, gonna check them out for dupes

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was waffling on these all along, but that's just too little product for the money. There are other things that I want more from the collection that I think will justify the higher price tag.

Audrey C

Right? Like its 1/2 to 2/3 less than most and at a higher price tag!! And for something ill probably just use UNDER my eyeshadow.... Milani makes some great ones, gonna check them out for dupes
I'm clearly a MAC fan, but this is one of Dusty's "pass the lube" moments. Not only are they ridiculously small, much of the product will be wasted sharpening the pencil. No can do. Paint pots are the far better option, IMO.

meaghanb123

I'll be waiting for T's dupe list, too. I have the feeling RFL is very similar to Gilda, judging from the swatches, And judging from the swatches, I'll pass on the pencils and wait for the Rainy Season quad in the AAO collection. But then there's that strobe liquid...
That strobe liquid is calling to me too! I wonder how similar it is to luster drops or a Becca shimmering skin perfector in terms of sheen.

meaghanb123

Rich Glance and Copper Strip. My experience with fatties from other brands has been less than stellar, so I'd really appreciate some opinions on those from people who actually tested them. Don't want to shell out 20€ for something I could only use as a liner, after all. Maybe I just should get Eclair and have done with it.
I still haven't pulled the trigger on eclair either!

BuickMackane

This is probably a ridiculous question but I'm going to ask anyway.

Is it possible to "depot" fat pencils to avoid wasting product by sharpening? And put the outcome in the pro palette inserts with wells? Or any old pot, really.

No? OK
whistle.gif

Corally

This is probably a ridiculous question but I'm going to ask anyway. Is it possible to "depot" fat pencils to avoid wasting product by sharpening? And put the outcome in the pro palette inserts with wells? Or any old pot, really. No? OK 
whistle.gif
Unfortunately... yes it's possible. I've done it with the NYX jumbo pencils. I heated the pencil with a blow dryer 'till the product slides out.

kimibos

This is probably a ridiculous question but I'm going to ask anyway.

Is it possible to "depot" fat pencils to avoid wasting product by sharpening? And put the outcome in the pro palette inserts with wells? Or any old pot, really.

No? OK
whistle.gif
i have seen some girls in youtube melting their milk? pencil up into a pot.

Latest posts