MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

BuickMackane

OK, so Bare My Soul (sans When in Rio) is dupable with UD Naked palettes. I haven't got Naked 2 but I did a look today with Naked just to see how well it works as a BMS substitute and it did pretty well. I used UD Covet liner along the lower lashline for, erm, greenery
greengrin.gif

As for When in Rio, Inglot 414 wipes the floor with it. I was going to get it when I got my 3 10-pan Freedom palettes last December but they had none in stock. Grrr!

I'm pretty certain TheBalm's Shady Lady palettes have plenty of shades that can dupe Temperature Rising.

Much as I love the look of the two quads I'm starting to lean towards skipping. No idea if I'll follow through, but that's where I stand right now. Then I could get the AOO quad. I've been meaning to get Typographic for aeons.

MACerette

OK, so Bare My Soul (sans When in Rio) is dupable with UD Naked palettes. I haven't got Naked 2 but I did a look today with Naked just to see how well it works as a BMS substitute and it did pretty well. I used UD Covet liner along the lower lashline for, erm, greenery
greengrin.gif

As for When in Rio, Inglot 414 wipes the floor with it. I was going to get it when I got my 3 10-pan Freedom palettes last December but they had none in stock. Grrr!

I'm pretty certain TheBalm's Shady Lady palettes have plenty of shades that can dupe Temperature Rising.

Much as I love the look of the two quads I'm starting to lean towards skipping. No idea if I'll follow through, but that's where I stand right now. Then I could get the AOO quad. I've been meaning to get Typographic for aeons.
By the way: did anybody answer your question about Nude on Board / Sundipped yet or did you decide to skip them?

erine1881

Speaking of duping these quads with inglot, i have a quick question. Has anybody done a pro order with inglot? I know you have to order thru email, but what all do you need to include in the email? I've yet to place an order with my pro discount, and I'm kind of leary of including my cc # in an email. :unsure: Thanks! :wink:

matchachoco

Okay, now seeing Temptalia's reviews of the pro longwear bronzers, I am pumped and I want both! Hehehe. But I will probably just get Sun Dipped because it's less warm and I am highly intrigued by the gray tones "grey cast."

martiangurll

Quote:Originally Posted by MissHolland

Hi, i'm from Netherland en new on Spectra :) I think i wil buy BMS, i love the colors! It's going to be my first (yes my first hihi) eyeshadow palette from MAC! I have verry sensitive eyes so i ware mosly only mascara (yes my English is great lol) But i love eyeshadow so i just going to buy it. And swatch it for you all on Monday or Tuesday. I think.. i need to buy it online because there are no MAC shops here..

Sorry ladies, I cannot multiquote today but there are a few posts I wanted to respond to. Most importantly, welcome MissHolland to the site--just watch out for all of the evil enablers here. ************************************************** Well, I thought all of the fattie pencils were a skip, now they are all on my list, which means I will need to cut some things. ************************************************************************************* I will pass on both quads and hope to catch them at the CCO. OR, get my hands on Inglot 144--instead of When in Rio, the main reason I wanted BMS quad--the rest is IMHO dupeable. Can I be strong enough to resist the packaging and will the quads actually sell out this time due to said packaging? Only time will tell. **************************************************************************** Skipping the lipglosses, swatches make them seem imminently dupeable. Well, except for maybe Underdressed--I don't think I will be able to restrain myself. IF, a very big IF, I saw a swatch comparing to the lipglass from Wonder Woman and they were similar, then I'd skip. I bet that Roman Holiday CSG is close however. So, perhaps I will be able to skip after all... ***************************************************************************** Sun Dipped does not have any grey undertones, not sure where that info is coming from. ************************************************************************************** For all the bronzer curious PPP out there, I never even considered a bronzer before, but Sun Dipped and Nude on Board were quite wearable and opened my horizons. I think Sun Dipped is best for all tones, Nude on Board is slightly more yellow (warm toned) but keep in mind my skin amps any yellow or orange like crazy and it still looks fine on me, so it would probably work on even the palest ladies. AND, the finish is quite lovely, very finely milled and a matte finish--hard to find in a bronzer. I would recommend getting one or the other, both if you can afford both, because you will really have to work hard to find a better bronzer for pale ladies. I will probably get one of each (and skip the quads to do so) because they are just sublime. If you have to settle on one or the other, get Nude on Board if you are warm toned and Sun Dipped if you tend to redden in the sun or are very cool toned, or you want to avoid yellow tones. HTH **************************************************************************************** I cannot skip RFL blush. After giving away Ripe Peach and needing to satisfy the quest for the HG coral blush, I would never get over the skippers remorse. HN blush I can live without (I think) ************************************************************************* I am still getting both dazzle lipsticks and FMP as well. So, the list is now SD and NoB bronzers, RFL blush, all the pencils, both dazzle lippies. I think I can live with that.

matchachoco

Sun Dipped does not have any grey undertones, not sure where that info is coming from.**************************************************************************************For all the bronzer curious PPP out there, I never even considered a bronzer before, but Sun Dipped and Nude on Board were quite wearable and opened my horizons. I think Sun Dipped is best for all tones, Nude on Board is slightly more yellow (warm toned) but keep in mind my skin amps any yellow or orange like crazy and it still looks fine on me, so it would probably work on even the palest ladies. AND, the finish is quite lovely, very finely milled and a matte finish--hard to find in a bronzer. I would recommend getting one or the other, both if you can afford both, because you will really have to work hard to find a better bronzer for pale ladies. I will probably get one of each (and skip the quads to do so) because they are just sublime. If you have to settle on one or the other, get Nude on Board if you are warm toned and Sun Dipped if you tend to redden in the sun or are very cool toned, or you want to avoid yellow tones. HTH****
Oops, I misread T's review. Sorry about that! She said "grey cast" for Sun Dipped but that could be just the coolness coming through on her skin. Thanks for the info on Sun Dipped vs Nude on Board! It helped to reinforce that I don't need Nude on Board!

Audrey C

I am VERY warm toned and I didn't like NOB on me. Sun Dipped looks far more natural. I remember Mac-Guy posting last year that red-toned bronzers are more natural on everyone and he was bang on in my case. I got rid of NOB but still have SD, Matte Bronze and Laguna (from a palette). I rarely wear bronzer except lightly as a blush/contour occasionally in the summer (with a coral pop on the apples), but I'd recommend SD above NOB. YMMV.

Corally

I really like how Sun Dipped looks but I've used my Soft Sand from HS like two or three times (I don't really use bronzer) so I HAVE to skip it.

MACerette

I agree with martinagurll, there is no greyish cast in Sundipped.

I am NC 15 myself. I BU both Sundipped and Nude on Board yesterday. When I use NoB, I look a bit more tan without anybody noticing that I am wearing bronzer IMO. Very subtle but pretty and with an undeniable effect. Because it leans olive/ yellowish it will probably be a skip for people with apparent pink undertones.

I also use Sundipped, but I save that one for when the sun has been out a period of time. If I would use that one now it would probably be a bit more obvious that I am wearing bronzer. Both are pretty though. SD is a universal shade but NoB can be really pretty on people with yellow / olive undertones.

ETA: Soft Sand is pretty too, but very subtle. I think it needs a bit of layering before it shows up in an apparent way. So far I really like it as a starter from winterpale to lightly bronzed skin. Tiny step to give a little extra warmth. Soft Sand doesn't hold a candle to NoB though IMHO...

Mac-Guy

I am VERY warm toned and I didn't like NOB on me. Sun Dipped looks far more natural. I remember Mac-Guy posting last year that red-toned bronzers are more natural on everyone and he was bang on in my case. I got rid of NOB but still have SD, Matte Bronze and Laguna (from a palette). I rarely wear bronzer except lightly as a blush/contour occasionally in the summer (with a coral pop on the apples), but I'd recommend SD above NOB. YMMV.
hatsoff.gif

BuickMackane

Thanks everyone for your feedback re: bronzer
bouquet.gif

From what I gather, Sun Dipped is slightly cooler of the two PLW bronzers. So if I were to take the plunge I'd probably go with that one. If it comes to the worst I can always use it as a blush. A gal's gotta start somewhere.

Then again, MACerette's description of NoB makes it super appealing too. Maybe I should get both and decide for myself which one works better
th_confused_new.gif

tagadadatsoin

Hello there :)

I'm new here (first post ever on specktra!) and I'm from France :)

I can't wait for this collection... I'm a real coral fiend and RFL looks so beautiful ! I really want BMS quad too... Sure, I don't NEED it (I have both Naked 1 and Naked 2) but it looks like the perfect quad to put in a travel bag!

I'm on the fence regarding the bronzers... I'm quite pale, and cool toned I'm NW15/20 ... I'd like to add a bit of warmth and sun on my face but I don't want it to be too dramatic or obvious... After reading the last pages I think I will go for Sun Dipped...

It supposed to be out in stores tomorrow here in France, but I don't know if it's going to be online at the same time... I'm preparing for a loooong day having to F5 mac website in between classes! :D

Serenityy

Temptalia's reviews on the lipsticks are up.
I'm really feeling Feel My Pulse, Caliente, and Sheer Seduction. I feel like Altered Beige will not show up on my lips so that's a definite skip for me.

Corally

Temptalia's reviews on the lipsticks are up. I'm really feeling Feel My Pulse, Caliente, and Sheer Seduction. I feel like Altered Beige will not show up on my lips so that's a definite skip for me.
I'm glad FMP looks like Brazen Berry, because now I can get FMP and skip BB. Win-win!

MACina

Feel My Pulse is sooooo right up my alley
th_drool.gif
eyelove.gif

Temptalia's reviews on the lipsticks are up.
I'm really feeling Feel My Pulse, Caliente, and Sheer Seduction. I feel like Altered Beige will not show up on my lips so that's a definite skip for me.

BuickMackane

Caliente and FMP
eyelove.gif

FMP looks very similar to Style Curve but I love Style Curve so I can live with a near dupe. I hope some comparison swatches pop up soon. If they're dead on dupes I will reconsider.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I'm getting both Sun Dipped and Nude on Board... still want both Ripe for Love and Hot Nights... plus Feel My Pulse and Rhythm. Still undecided about Golden Elixir... and now having second thoughts on BMS quad. I have both Naked 1 and 2 palettes as well as Club.

Would someone kindly post the link to T's lipstick review and swatches? I can't find it on her blog.