MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

MACina

girlhaha.gif

Me too. I try to avoid adding extra stress on my skin. I don't want to look like a wrinkled old handbag when I'm older....I'm looking at you aunt Janet. The only thing I do is add a touch of contour under my cheekbones to add a little extra definition to my chubby cheeks.

califabulous

awww man! i contour my cheeks and forehead with my bb bronzer every day!
lol.gif
i have a round face and large forehead though. I was using blunt by mac for contour but i got the bronzer to warm up my face when I want a no make up look. i fell in love with it and use it daily for contour. i skip my nose as i believe it will disappear if i contour it!

erine1881

awww man!  i contour my cheeks and forehead with my bb bronzer every day! :lol:   i have a round face and large forehead though.  I was using blunt by mac for contour but i got the bronzer to warm up my face when I want a no make up look.  i fell in love with it and use it daily for contour.  i skip my nose as i believe it will disappear if i contour it!
Nuttin wrong with contouring with bronzer, but make sure it doesn't have shimmer. The hard part is getting the right type of colour. Bronzer is warmer in colour, where contour should be more neutral to grey in tone, as it creates a shadow. What we're saying tho is that many people confuse bronzing and contouring, such as "bronzing" at the hairline or at the sides of the nose, which is really contouring. And that many people contour in a way that isn't necessarily for their face shape.

Michelemu21

I use Too Faced Chocolate Soleil to contour...Sun Dipped if I want to look more bronzy (high plains).
Nuttin wrong with contouring with bronzer, but make sure it doesn't have shimmer. The hard part is getting the right type of colour. Bronzer is warmer in colour, where contour should be more neutral to grey in tone, as it creates a shadow. What we're saying tho is that many people confuse bronzing and contouring, such as "bronzing" at the hairline or at the sides of the nose, which is really contouring. And that many people contour in a way that isn't necessarily for their face shape.

iheartangE

Found on Instagram. It's tagged with: #summer, #temperaturerising, #ss13, #maccosmetics

I dunno, but I wanna know what that berry color in the crease is.
eyelove.gif
Okay guys, I haven't been on here in forever, but I happen upon THIS...I made this face chart!!! Hahahahaha omg the internet is so crazy!

UNFORTUNATELY I did not use any products from the actual TR collection :( It was an inspirational piece because my counter is doing an event and we wanted customers to get excited.

I honestly don't remember most of what I used but the crease color I did using Rebel lipstick and mixing a bit of Fig 1 eyeshadow in...I know it isn't as exciting as a berry eyeshadow but I wanted to share with you guys because I could not believe it when I saw my facechart on here!

And yes, she does look angry...probably because I had like 20 minutes to do her and I was rushing all over the place hahaha :)

Love you guys!!

iheartangE

Oh and the lip is (don't kill me!) Morange lipstick and Redd pencil. All the bronze on the face is Amber Lights (shows up so much darker on face chart paper!) and I think Bronze eyeshadow? Maybe a bit of Espresso for contour...and a touch of Goldmine on the inner cheek.

bouquet.gif

KiKi Kontour

Does that help?
well....i do use bronzer to go ahead n kontour w/bronzer but its the matte bronzer from nyx now i use the milani baked bronzer on my cheeks cuz it got shimmer. NOW i dont do the nose cuz my nose is already slender n dmn near mousy but it was fun to practice wit. i just dnt have time to do it allllllll the time! I enjoyed the conversation of kontouring though n took notes!! i am NOTHING without KONTOUUUUUUR **end scene**
clap.gif

Bliss

i can pass on this quad
I use sun power in the warmer months to "kontour"
DID SOMEBODY SAY KONTOUR
eyelove.gif

well....i do use bronzer to go ahead n kontour w/bronzer but its the matte bronzer from nyx now i use the milani baked bronzer on my cheeks cuz it got shimmer. NOW i dont do the nose cuz my nose is already slender n dmn near mousy but it was fun to practice wit. i just dnt have time to do it allllllll the time! I enjoyed the conversation of kontouring though n took notes!! i am NOTHING without KONTOUUUUUUR **end scene**
clap.gif

You look gorgeous, Oh my perfect... No offense, but I suck at contouring... Makes my cheeks look dirty :((

erine1881

i can pass on this quad I use sun power in the warmer months to "kontour" DID SOMEBODY SAY KONTOUR :eyelove: well....i do use bronzer to go ahead n kontour w/bronzer but its the matte bronzer from nyx now i use the milani baked bronzer on my cheeks cuz it got shimmer. NOW i dont do the nose cuz my nose is already slender n dmn near mousy but it was fun to practice wit. i just dnt have time to do it allllllll the time! I enjoyed the conversation of kontouring though n took notes!! i am NOTHING without KONTOUUUUUUR **end scene** :clap:
KiKi you kontour like a queen! And have an adorable nose!

Bliss

Cheekbones, temples, a light swipe down the nose, and cupids bow if I'm feelin like it. I skip the chin, which can easily look oily. During fall/winter i just stick to the cheekbones tho. Gotta keep it season appropriate. And watch what texture you use too. Nothing too glittery or chunky. A nice fine shimmer/sheen.
Am discovering the love I have for highlighting... I dislike glitter, thats why I used to stray away from ever buying them, but now lol... I love the shimmer sheen ones I have... Do you have any recomm. for a face primer? I tend to get oily

cutemiauw

Honi, thank you for the infos and pics
bouquet.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881
Bronzers are worn on the high plains of the face-forehead, cheekbones (not hollows), chin and top of nose. Many people use bronzer to contour, and confuse the two concepts, but that's a whole other animal.

I've just recently tried out bronzers, originally thought I would not need one because of my complexion. Then I got one, wore it on the places mentioned here ^^ (thank goodness I'm doing it right ;) ) and I find it really good for more natural healthy sunkissed look.

I do this sans blush though. Or shall I also put blush on top of the bronzer?

This collection is probably the first MAC collex I'm excited for in over a year... I like the overall color selection and I love the bronze packaging. Girl gotta be frugal though so I would just pick up things I need to add on my stash. I'm thinking of the hot pink blush, maybe a lippie, the brush (if it's good), and the MU bag (because I need to replace mine)

Bliss

I love the colors in the eyeshadow quad... That's on my list along with an MSF from the Taboo collection... Gotta get my hands on atleast two of those products

Latest posts