MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

erine1881

Do you think MAC will restock the gelcremes? Now that I know more about them and what color to get I want to grab some. I hope it's not too late.
I'm thinking they may restock at least once more. Hopefully they will. I really like the DDB gelcreme. Contemplating on getting another one although it may take me forever to use the one I got. The one I got was when the site did their first re-stock.
thats the same for me. On Nordies they are backordered, but I was wondering if I should BU too..I always do my eyebrows everyday w/o the full face. Questiom is, how long can you store it w/o it drying out?
I honestly do think mac will make these permanent. But, when mac releases a LE product, and makes it perm, it usuallyntakes a couple seasons before they're made perm. So, at the earliest, it it won't be made perm til thenfall season. As long as your BU is unopened and stored properly, it won't go bad. And as long as there's not an expiration date on the box, once opened, all you have to worry about is it drying up. Always keep it covered, like you would for a fluidline or paintpot, and you'll be fine. If this has become your HG brow product, I'd definitely recommend getting atleast one BU, as no one yet knows if, or when, this will become perm.

pinkcrush

I bought Stud sometime this past spring and I just finished it... I found it 2b a lil harsh as my brows got fuller but figured I'd finish using it with a light hand... I was looking forward to the new pencils but I found the dark shades extremely ashy 4 my taste... I ended up picking up Spiked which is a tad warmer then Stud and luuuv it!!! Now I'm curious about the gelcreams... Do they run ashy or on the warm side??? I never swatched them....

erine1881

I bought Stud sometime this past spring and I just finished it... I found it 2b a lil harsh as my brows got fuller but figured I'd finish using it with a light hand... I was looking forward to the new pencils but I found the dark shades extremely ashy 4 my taste... I ended up picking up Spiked which is a tad warmer then Stud and luuuv it!!! Now I'm curious about the gelcreams... Do they run ashy or on the warm side??? I never swatched them....
I found the same to be true with the other sharpen pencils mac just DCd. The colouring was way off.

lilinah

A couple days ago i wore Catch My Eye Fluidline eye liner in my eyebrows again. I wore it with Firm Form lipstick (no liner - went on just fine), Lithe pigment on my lids, Universal Appeal in my outer crease, and Avenue Fluidline as eye liner. No blush.

It seemed to stay more moist than the Brow Gelcreme, so it doesn't seem as stable. I didn't smear it this time, though, since my cold is all gone and i didn't fall asleep with my face in my hands :) I'm sure i'll wear it again. I like that it sparkles - and no sparkle fall out.

ChosenOne

I feel the same way about them. I was hoping to find one to love in the new collection since Stud has been hard to find lately for some reason, and Spiked is too light for me. Though I recently had a MA tell me that no one really needs to use Stud, and that I should just use Spiked. But when I tried Spiked, it's noticeably lighter than my natural brows, so I'm really not comfortable with that. Has anyone else been told that no one really needs to use Stud? I felt like it was just a way for the MA to get a sale since they were out of Stud but had Spiked in stock, but maybe I'm wrong
th_dunno.gif

luvlydee

I feel the same way about them.  I was hoping to find one to love in the new collection since Stud has been hard to find lately for some reason, and Spiked is too light for me.  Though I recently had a MA tell me that no one really needs to use Stud, and that I should just use Spiked.  But when I tried Spiked, it's noticeably lighter than my natural brows, so I'm really not comfortable with that.  Has anyone else been told that no one really needs to use Stud?  I felt like it was just a way for the MA to get a sale since they were out of Stud but had Spiked in stock, but maybe I'm wrong  :dunno:
Mua ALWAYS tell me stud is too dark for me and that i shouldnt be using it. They say use spiked but its just lighter than my brow hairs and i have less hair at the tail of my eyebrows so thats where i color it the most so if i go lighter it looks like i have dark brows starting and then light brows at the end. They usually say to go lighter when u have dark hair but i feel more comfortable trying to match it as close as possible. Brun was a good choice for me also With that being said i noticed DDB is too warm and light for me. It looks fine when i fill inbetween my hairs but at the end its noticeably a different color since i barely have hair there. I still use it cuz i like the way it feels. I just go back in with my stud lol

ChosenOne

With that being said i noticed DDB is too warm and light for me. It looks fine when i fill inbetween my hairs but at the end its noticeably a different color since i barely have hair there. I still use it cuz i like the way it feels. I just go back in with my stud lol
Oh good, it's not just me!!
friends.gif
I definitely prefer to match my actual brow hair color as well. I didn't get the gel because I figured Stud has always treated me well, but with all these rave reviews, I might have to try it. Interesting though that DDB is still a bit on the light side comparatively...

erine1881

I feel the same way about them.  I was hoping to find one to love in the new collection since Stud has been hard to find lately for some reason, and Spiked is too light for me.  Though I recently had a MA tell me that no one really needs to use Stud, and that I should just use Spiked.  But when I tried Spiked, it's noticeably lighter than my natural brows, so I'm really not comfortable with that.  Has anyone else been told that no one really needs to use Stud?  I felt like it was just a way for the MA to get a sale since they were out of Stud but had Spiked in stock, but maybe I'm wrong  :dunno:
I usually just use stud on WOC, and use spiked for all other med-dark brunettes.

califabulous

the velux brow pencil colors did not work. to light or ashy...the tones were just off. I like ddb. used it once with the 208 and one of my eyebrows was fab! lol the other one didn't make it to the party
lol.gif
i will stick with spiked pencil. i really like that. if I can get this technique down, ddb may replace it! at least until i run out of it :)

erine1881

the velux brow pencil colors did not work.  to light or ashy...the tones were just off.  I like ddb.   used it once with the 208 and one of my eyebrows was fab!  lol the other one didn't make it to the party:lol:   i will stick with spiked pencil. i really like that.  if I can get this technique down, ddb may replace it!  at least until i run out of it :)
:lmao:

luvlydee

My friend went in to get DDB and the mua artist refused to sell it to her saying she doesnt need it! I thought that was so rude. My friend didnt get it but i told her she still should have because if thats what she wanted no mua can tell her differently

ChosenOne

My friend went in to get DDB and the mua artist refused to sell it to her saying she doesnt need it! I thought that was so rude. My friend didnt get it but i told her she still should have because if thats what she wanted no mua can tell her differently
That is crazy. I know DDB (we talking about the gel?) is sold out at many locations, so maybe they were sold out and the MA was trying to steer her toward a color they had in stock? That tends to be my theory when a MA "refuses" to sell a product, lol

gabbymacattack

Interesting interesting... I've never even touched Brunette brow pencil.

Oh, Spiked is definitely a more common color to use. But that doesn't mean Stud isn't best for anyone, right? Also, though I agree it doesn't make sense to push products that have a high risk of return, I do personally know a few MAs at MAC who will push the sale anyway so they make their goal. I guess they count on the person being too lazy to come back and return it? Or they're only concerned about how they do that day and will worry about the return if/when it happens? IDK, but I never saw the sense in that myself!

That is crazy. I know DDB (we talking about the gel?) is sold out at many locations, so maybe they were sold out and the MA was trying to steer her toward a color they had in stock? That tends to be my theory when a MA "refuses" to sell a product, lol
I agree......Spiked has always been too light for my naturally deep dark brunette hair....Stud looked better and more natural on me.....now that I lightened my hair to a more light goldeny brown shade I no longer use Stud but I'm glad it's there when I decide to return to my natural hair color.

luvlydee

the mua artist didnt say anything about them being sold out but if they were she should have just said that then.
But I've also ran into mua that didnt want to sell me a product because they thought it wouldnt work on me even though they havent even seen it on me yet lol just like my trusted hug me lipstick which i adore and this mua said it wont look good on me so i just walked into another mac store to buy it instead lol. But there are couple of mac mua that are just so nice and helpful. too bad they are rare around my area lol