MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

lilinah

I got Dirty Blonde Fluidline Brow Gelcreme and wore it. While it was a little darker and warmer than i'm used to, it looked fine and wore well. I'm definitely going to be using it.

Today i decided to experiment and used the shimmering taupe Catch My Eye Fluidline (eye liner) from Glamour Daze in my eyebrows.

As i've posted, my brows are naturally quite thin and the hairs are somewhat sparse, so using a fine paint brush with somewhat stiff, short fibers, i painted in a fine line of this moderate taupe. I like the color, which is close to the Omega matte e/s i had been using, and i'm not bothered by the sparkles.

However, someone with thicker brows may not be as happy, since there will be more obvious shimmer. It's a matter of personal taste.

I haven't worn it long enough to see how stable the eyeliner is in the brow. The Brow Gelcreme wore like a champ!

KiKi Kontour

oooooooh LILINAH i bet that is goooorgeous!! where'd u post the pic??? i've been using "catch my eye" all over the lid since i got it. i dnt know how anyone would wanna use it as a liner vs an all over shade. its sooo pretty!!

MissTT

I went ahead and ordered from Nordstrom. I had a couple of Nordies Notes so it didn't cost anything.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by KiKi Kontour
oooooooh LILINAH i bet that is goooorgeous!! where'd u post the pic??? i've been using "catch my eye" all over the lid since i got it. i dnt know how anyone would wanna use it as a liner vs an all over shade. its sooo pretty!!

I liked the color. I noticed that the brow powder duo had Omega, cool taupe matte, which i usually use in my brows, paired with Soba, a shimmery "blonde" eyeshadow. So, i figured how wrong can i go with a shimmery cool taupe?

As for a picture, well, i have a camera, not a smart phone, so it's kind of hard for me to take pictures of my own face. I managed some not so well focused ones of my mouth wearing discontinued MAC lipsticks from the mid-90s (in another thread here), but i think brow photos will be a challenge.

As for my comment on how well it wears, i couldn't tell. I had a cold and would often nod off at the desk with my face supported by one hand, so i think i wiped some off, not fair test. I will have to give Catch My Eye a second try in my brows to report better - and i look forward to it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
did you get either of the fluidline or pencil?

i passed by the bay today, so i got the sales assistant to try the deep dark brunette fluidline on my brows. it looked quite a bit more natural than the brow powder i had been using previously - and i think the 208 brush might also have been one of the key reasons. i'm going to try the illamasqua brush i have and see if it works tomorrow, otherwise i'll go back for the brush. the sales assistant suggested focusing the strokes on filling in sparse areas and toward the top of the brow. sounds like since the carved look focuses on the bottom edge, maybe that's why it looked more natural?

my fluidlines tend to last a long time, so i'm not that worried about this...at the end of the day, they'll probably figure out sooner or later they should make these perm, and it'll happen.
I went back (well, actually to another Mac counter) and I ended up with the Redhead one- the MUA there thought that DB would look too dark on me. I was worried that Redhead would be too warm, since my brows are actually a cooler-toned shade, but it's not bad. I love, love, love, love the formula. Was worried it might come off looking too heavy, but with a light hand, it's perfect. I don't need a lot of help with my brows, but this gives just what I need. (Actually, it made me feel nice when the MUA went to try Redhead on me that he was certain I already had something in my brows, but I didn't. Up until now, I've rarely done anything with them and I didn't even start grooming them until I was in my thirties, but this product just makes them look a little more polished.)

aradhana

I went back (well, actually to another Mac counter) and I ended up with the Redhead one- the MUA there thought that DB would look too dark on me. I was worried that Redhead would be too warm, since my brows are actually a cooler-toned shade, but it's not bad. I love, love, love, love the formula. Was worried it might come off looking too heavy, but with a light hand, it's perfect. I don't need a lot of help with my brows, but this gives just what I need. (Actually, it made me feel nice when the MUA went to try Redhead on me that he was certain I already had something in my brows, but I didn't. Up until now, I've rarely done anything with them and I didn't even start grooming them until I was in my thirties, but this product just makes them look a little more polished.)
same here. i've been grooming my brows since i was in cegep, but i use to just use a bit of uncoloured brow wax from smashbox. in fact, there were long periods of time where the only makeup i wore was the brow wax and some mascara. only a couple of months ago i started with brow powder, but now i think i'm also a gel convert.

BlissfullyYours

I kinda want ddb now.
You should get it!!! I have very yellow undertones (Matchmaster 7.5)

Fluidline swatch w/o flash.

Wearing the DBB Fluidline
Deep Brown Brunette Fluidline Gelcreme on WOC

I like it. Like one day (and I know this is bad) I slept in it & the next day it STILL looked good. lol.

Baby1black

You should get it!!! I have very yellow undertones (Matchmaster 7.5)  Fluidline swatch w/o flash.  Wearing the DBB Fluidline  Deep Brown Brunette Fluidline Gelcreme on WOC I like it. Like one day (and I know this is bad)  I slept in it & the next day it STILL looked good. lol.
thanks for the pic. Now I know I will be happy when I get mine. It looks very nice on u

BlissfullyYours

thanks for the pic. Now I know I will be happy when I get mine. It looks very nice on u
No prob girlie! & you'll love it.Even my boyfriend said it was natural. The lasting power is amazing!
cheerleader.gif

Oh and thank you!

Jackie O

Now I remember why I've stayed off Specktra for so many years. Perhaps you could have used this forum as a chance to give real tips and pointers to help others rather than taking it as an opportunity to make fun of someone and "call them out" as you say. If you don't like someone or something, take from it whatever you'd like and keep it pushing. Have you ever tried actually mentoring or helping someone? Where is your work, your portfolio, tear sheets??? Anything? Are you actually a makeup artist or do you consider yourself an enthusiast?? Whatever your situation, I suggest you promote what you love rather than bashing what you hate because judging by the photos of your work I've seen and heard of (zero), you're not doing any better.100,000+ amazing people have subscribed to me since I started on YouTube in 2009 and I'm extremely grateful for that, so I must be doing something right :)

And for future reference, please refrain from posting photos of my work without my permission. Any and all work found on my website/Facebook page is not for public use and are subject to copyright. Thank you.

I can see her halo. Halo. Halo. Halooooooo ooooo

Jackie O

It was completely uncalled for and a YouTuber actually brought me to this post. But anywho, I appreciate your kind words :)
Yall do know she is a member here, right??? She is a very talented MUA and to copy her pic here and post it to critique it is very immature and rude. The girl is doing things in her life some can only dream about. Women are a trip...

erine1881

Now I remember why I've stayed off Specktra for so many years. Perhaps you could have used this forum as a chance to give real tips and pointers to help others rather than taking it as an opportunity to make fun of someone and "call them out" as you say. If you don't like someone or something, take from it whatever you'd like and keep it pushing. Have you ever tried actually mentoring or helping someone? Where is your work, your portfolio, tear sheets??? Anything? Are you actually a makeup artist or do you consider yourself an enthusiast?? Whatever your situation, I suggest you promote what you love rather than bashing what you hate because judging by the photos of your work I've seen and heard of (zero), you're not doing any better.100,000+ amazing people have subscribed to me since I started on YouTube in 2009 and I'm extremely grateful for that, so I must be doing something right :) And for future reference, please refrain from posting photos of my work without my permission. Any and all work found on my website/Facebook page is not for public use and are subject to copyright. Thank you.  
Thank you for you input. As a matter of fact, i am a makeup artist, not just an enthusiast. And tho i don't have my work publicly posted, or have thousands of subscribers as you do, it makes me no less of a makeup artist than you are. I've posted my work on here in the past, open to any and all comments received, positive or negative. I provide tons of tips and advice on here, whether it's taken or left. And as for your youtube subscribers, i stated that i was one of them. I guess you failed to see (or your informer failed to mention) the positive things i DID say about you, and that everyone is capable of both teaching and learning something. I apologize if my opinion offended you.

sss215

Do you think MAC will restock the gelcremes? Now that I know more about them and what color to get I want to grab some. I hope it's not too late.

Copperhead

I hope it's not too late.
I'm thinking they may restock at least once more. Hopefully they will. I really like the DDB gelcreme. Contemplating on getting another one although it may take me forever to use the one I got. The one I got was when the site did their first re-stock.

BlissfullyYours

I'm thinking they may restock at least once more. Hopefully they will. I really like the DDB gelcreme. Contemplating on getting another one although it may take me forever to use the one I got. The one I got was when the site did their first re-stock.
thats the same for me. On Nordies they are backordered, but I was wondering if I should BU too..I always do my eyebrows everyday w/o the full face. Questiom is, how long can you store it w/o it drying out?

Copperhead

thats the same for me. On Nordies they are backordered, but I was wondering if I should BU too..I always do my eyebrows everyday w/o the full face. Questiom is, how long can you store it w/o it drying out?
I think as long as it's brand new and unopened, it should last a very long time.

sss215

Nice to know its a great value.
Unopened, most likely a longtime if you keep it in a cool, dry place. I hope these become permanent. Reminds me of another bad idea; limited edition skin care

Copperhead

I hope these become permanent. Reminds me of another bad idea; limited edition skin care
I know mine will last forever mainly because I don't wear makeup every day. It is a great value though because a little goes such a long way. MAC does need to make these permanent. I mean even when certain makeup colors go in and out, people will likely ALWAYS groom their brows.

Latest posts