MAC Tres Cheek discussion

kisou

So I just got back from my Nordstroms counter and preordered Peony Petal! I didn't swatch everything, but I did compare Peony Petal and Full of Joy: ended up completely nixing FoJ... while talking to the MA, we both agreed that FoJ was too... "classic" and not necessarily unique; we definitely thought that there are way too many other similar colors.

I wish I could have taken a picture of my swatched up arm, but I kind of wanted to get home tbh xD! Either way, I can't wait to get PP-- it honestly looks so colorful and fun! Plus it's really build-able so it really didn't seem necessary to have an extremely light hand for as bright as it is.

...My MA was showing me some of the Extra Dimension stuff and I totally just spaced out. I have too many shimmery things, I honestly couldn't be bothered! :X!

Shellcat

On me they look totally different. NC30 right now( no tan)

Hope this helps!!

Heavy swatches(not blended)~~~

Top: MAC Dainty Mineralized blush
Bottom: Lovecloud

Anyone think Love cloud looks like Dainty? Please say no--because I got it and I don't need more of that color. (although I do love Dainty and use it at least 2x a week, I guess a dupe that fits into a palette would not be bad, if I can nerve myself up to depot it)

Mac-Guy

Woohoo, you depot-Goddess.
flower.gif

The MAC Gods were on my side tonight. Pheeeeeew! I just depotted 7 blushes without an accident.
thud.gif

I love them all, but for me(NC30-NC35) My favorites are MM, Full of Joy, Lovecloud and Peony Petal. Immortal Flower is beautiful, but sheer on me. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Modern Mandarin.

Right now I look like a fool. I have MM on my left cheek, Full of Joy on my right. Pink Popcorn on my lips. Good lawd, I hope I don't get any unexpected company tonight!!!
lolz.gif

Top: Left to right---- Pink Cult, Pink Tea, Full of Joy, Peony Petal

Bottom: Left to right--- Lovecloud, Immortal Flower, Modern Mandarin

Baby1black

The MAC Gods were on my side tonight. Pheeeeeew! I just depotted 7 blushes without an accident.
thud.gif

I love them all, but for me(NC30-NC35) My favorites are MM, Full of Joy, Lovecloud and Peony Petal. Immortal Flower is beautiful, but sheer on me. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Modern Mandarin.

Right now I look like a fool. I have MM on my left cheek, Full of Joy on my right. Pink Popcorn on my lips. Good lawd, I hope I don't get any unexpected company tonight!!!
lolz.gif

Please post pic of the rest of your haul,especially the extra dimension eye shadows.thanks I love them all.

Shellcat

Great choice on MM!

I have Sweet Heat as well, stunning...I am wearing it tomorrow!

With my blush empties I am going to BTM for Heroine next Thursday.

Shellcat

I will definitely tomorrow! The depotting was stressful, I need an--other adult beverage. LOL!

I purchased 7 of the ED e/s and all 3 of the highlighters. I will post in that thread tomorrow night.

Please post pic of the rest of your haul,especially the extra dimension eye shadows.thanks I love them all.

Fabulash

Could you post pics of all of them please?
clapping.gif

thud.gif

lolz.gif

Baby1black

Sure.  I can do that real quick right now.  Hold on, BRB....

I will do the ED products tomorrow.  Mac-Guy has great swatches, did you see his?

Yes of course. But I don't think macguy had pink cult .it would be nice to compare pink cult vs pink tea.

Baby1black

Macguy swatches are always deadly for my budget. They always lure me to buy things that were not even on my mind.hehe yet they are highly appreciated

Shellcat

Here ya go...

HEAVY unblended swatches.......

Left to right: Pink Cult, Pink Tea, Full of Joy, Peony Petal, Lovecloud

On my NC30 skin, Pink Cult is a bit "dirtier" on me than Pink Tea. A bit more mauve.... I like that though...

Top--- Immortal Flower

Bottom--- MM

Shellcat could u do swatches of all of them ?

lmcmullen

Thanks for the swatches! I'm about NC25 so this is good info.

But I'm so confused! I keep changing my mind about what to get! ::-grabs head and runs around living room-::: LOL

Jol0

Shellcat....you are awesome!!!!! Got my list for Tres Chic :) I'm the same skin tone so that def helps :) enjoy that adult beverage!!!

Shellcat

And I was wondering about Early Morning and the Modern Mandarin comparision. I swatched them as well...

Heavy swatch with flash:

Top is Early Morning
Bottom is Modern Mandarin

Shellcat

Glad to help out a fellow MAC addict. Hope it helps your decision and enjoy your shopping!

Thanks for the swatches! I'm about NC25 so this is good info.

But I'm so confused! I keep changing my mind about what to get! ::-grabs head and runs around living room-::: LOL