MAC Tres Cheek discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I keep changing my list like every five minutes, LOL. Now I'm really liking Immortal Flower and Pink Tea.

kisou

Here ya go...

HEAVY unblended swatches.......

Left to right: Pink Cult, Pink Tea, Full of Joy, Peony Petal, Lovecloud

On my NC30 skin, Pink Cult is a bit "dirtier" on me than Pink Tea. A bit more mauve.... I like that though...

Ah, this just reinforces my decision :D Seeing more swatches of Peony Petal makes me happy!

PixieDancer

We are the EXACT same skintone (NC30/35)! I'm so thrilled I seemed to have made the right choices w MM, FoJ, and PC!
I may pick up 1 or 2 more still... your swatches have me salivating!
Thanks so much for taking the time to share!!

peachsuns

The MAC Gods were on my side tonight. Pheeeeeew! I just depotted 7 blushes without an accident.
thud.gif

I love them all, but for me(NC30-NC35) My favorites are MM, Full of Joy, Lovecloud and Peony Petal. Immortal Flower is beautiful, but sheer on me. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Modern Mandarin.

Right now I look like a fool. I have MM on my left cheek, Full of Joy on my right. Pink Popcorn on my lips. Good lawd, I hope I don't get any unexpected company tonight!!!
lolz.gif

Top: Left to right---- Pink Cult, Pink Tea, Full of Joy, Peony Petal

Bottom: Left to right--- Lovecloud, Immortal Flower, Modern Mandarin

Wow, they look beautiful together! Amazing depotting job. LOL Thank you!
I want Peony Petal, Lovecloud and maybe Full of Joy ATM. My list keeps changing.
cutey.gif

aradhana

pink peony, pink tea and love cloud....
i also wanted to depot them, but i'm a little worried about causing crumbling...what method do you use? last time i depotted (eyeshadows only, mind you) i used an iron on low.

Shellcat

Hey Pixie! Yes, you will LOVE your choices! They are my top 3 out of this collection for me. Well, Pink Cult is the red-headed stepchild of the team 6, but still stunning! You might want to check out Lovecloud and Peony Petal as well.

*enabling mode off now*

pemily

maybe because Im an nw but FOJ looked so so so so ugly on me even the sa said not for you... probably due to the orange in my skin/foundation.
pity, because I dont own a lavender blush.

PixieDancer

It's so funny...
because those were the EXACT same 2 other choices I had on my list!
I also picked up Magenta, so I was trying to cool it with so many blushes! But you are confirming my initial list, so I guess I may have to go and place order #2! Might wait and play with what I ordered first to see if it satisfies my blush craving. I hate ending up with so many items I forget to use half of them! (you see how I talk myself in and then out of things... it really NEVER works!)

Shellcat

I think Peony Petal and Lovecloud will look great on you. Pink Tea is just so so for me. Who knows, I may love it as time goes on... I think I love Pink Cult more.

As far as depotting goes...

My method is:

1. Drink a beer...like FAST.
2. I use a clothes iron...I am not messing up my T3 flat iron with wax residue.
3. I print out my Avery round labels ahead of time if depotting many products.
4. Have another drink while you heat up your iron and the labels are printing. LOL!
5. I pop out all the pans using an eyeglass repair kit. The tiny screwdrivers and such...
6. Heat those babies one at a time. Don't RUSH.
7. I like to see the hole blanch before I push the little screwdriver through the melted hole in the middle. Mattes I leave on longer, they tend to crack easier.
8. Make sure you hear the glue separate from the plastic before popping the pan out from the back.
If you don't hear that separating "noise", put it back on the wax and iron for a few seconds more. If not, you may crack the blush or shadow.
9. Once that is done, I use the SMALLEST flat eyeglass flatlead screwdriver I have, and put it in between the pan and the plastic.
10. Pry it out, SLOWLY.
11. BREATHE.... YOU MADE IT TO 11, hopefully without a crack! Label them as you wish. I use the Avery template round labels and magnets.

cheerleader.gif

pink peony, pink tea and love cloud....
i also wanted to depot them, but i'm a little worried about causing crumbling...what method do you use? last time i depotted (eyeshadows only, mind you) i used an iron on low.

Shellcat

I built it up while trying it out tonight. LOVED the heavier application on me. At first, I was like, "WTF"... But kept on and looks great layered on.

Maybe try it again?

maybe because Im an nw but FOJ looked so so so so ugly on me even the sa said not for you... probably due to the orange in my skin/foundation.
pity, because I dont own a lavender blush.

Baby1black

Here ya go...

HEAVY unblended swatches.......

Left to right:  Pink Cult, Pink Tea, Full of Joy, Peony Petal, Lovecloud

On my NC30 skin, Pink Cult is a bit "dirtier" on me than Pink Tea. A bit more mauve.... I like that though...

Top--- Immortal Flower

Bottom--- MM

Prettay thanks.i wonder how full of joy compares to on a mission from style warrior?

duckrodeo

Pink Tea and Pink Cult look really gorgeous here! Do you happen to own Overdyed or Her Blooming Cheek? I would love to know how they compare to Peony Petal! Thank you so much for the beautiful swatches!

Shellcat

Yes, very well described. On my skin it is a very light coral pink, I think my NC brings out the coral. But it is not my favorite, that is a heavy swatch above to get it to show up on my skintone. Thank you though!

I think NC/NW 25 or lighter it would be perfect on. JMO...

Is IF pulling coral pink? It's hard to tell. I was going to skip it but it looks so pretty on you!