MAC Tres Cheek discussion

Piarpreet

i know i bought the whole frigging semi precious collex....i was mental. thank god im not doing that again...

PS: i ust did with tres cheek.....damn it!

I didn't get that one. Thanks goodness I didn't buy into the hype. It looked too old-lady-ish to me (no offense).

FStone

It's in the same family, but as the finish is so different, it is certainly worth getting both.

If you are quite pale (NW20 and <), apply it with the 131 or the 184 to avoid clown cheeks. IMO, the 188 did not work too well as the bristles are too long and flimsy, which does not allow for a great blending of this particular shade. A regular blush/contour brush (109, 116, 168, 169) did pick up far too much product (= ultra clown cheeks).

Mac-Guy, you are SUCH an enabler. I freaking love it. I read your comments when I am ummming and ahhhing and I think to myself, yes, yes it is worth getting both and hell yes I deserve it too!!

Piarpreet

thank you. That's THE guy I've been waiting for for 5 years... hahahah and if a guy can wear hot pink... i gotta show it off!

peachsuns

I will probably choose from Full of Joy, Peony Petal, and Lovecloud. If they look similar to something I already have, I'll pass.

My Pink Cult is not getting much love. I should start wearing this baby soon.
cutey.gif

bevcita

All the blushes are so gorgeous *dies* I'm wondering though, realistically which ones would actually show up on us NC35-40 guys/gals? I'd like to get all but I don't think FoJ or Pink Tea would show much *sad face*

PrettyKitty

I'm wondering though, realistically which ones would actually show up on us NC35-40 guys/gals? I'd like to get all but I don't think FoJ or Pink Tea would show much *sad face*
Immortal Flower is sheer on me (C40). I can build up the color but I wish I bought Modern Mandarin instead of it, I shouldn't have to apply several layers. This is my first impression though, will try it tomorrow again.

Lovecloud is nicely pigmented, not chalky looking and gorgeous sheen too!

PrettyKitty

Aww stop it with the Modern Mandarin, I almost bought it today and told to myself I already have enough blushes. But I still want it!
SOS.gif

bevcita

PrettyKitty - thank you! I pre ordered Immortal Flower hoping it was going to be "bright peach" but all swatches so far have also looked pretty sheer to me. It was the last one left at my counter but I think I'll let it go. Purple Popcorn - thank you also :) I was eyeing Love Cloud because it just looks pretty and girly and all that nice stuff. Do you own anything like it? I feel like I only own coral blushes but I know I have some pink in there somewhere lol.

PrettyKitty

Purple Popcorn - thank you also
smiles.gif
I was eyeing Love Cloud because it just looks pretty and girly and all that nice stuff. Do you own anything like it? I feel like I only own coral blushes but I know I have some pink in there somewhere lol.
You are welcome! I just swatched it on my hand next to Peaches, it's much less pigmented but you can build it up. It's kinda similar but slightly more pink and it does have a light glow but you have to apply several layers and really work it in your skin. We'll see tomorrow, I may change my mind! That's why I can't write an official review without trying it a couple of times. :)

Ernie

All the blushes are gorgeous, here are some swatches. Click on photo to enlarge.
Peony Petal

Full Of Joy

Pink Tea

Modern Mandarin

Lovecloud

Immortal Flower

Top to bottom, Pink Tea,Full of Joy,Peony Petal

Left to right, Lovecloud,Modern Mandarin,Immortal Flower

Mac-Guy

Are you Team 6? :)
All the blushes are gorgeous, here are some swatches. Click on photo to enlarge.
Peony Petal

Full Of Joy

Pink Tea

Modern Mandarin

Lovecloud

Immortal Flower

Top to bottom, Pink Tea,Full of Joy,Peony Petal

Left to right, Lovecloud,Modern Mandarin,Immortal Flower

xbarbiieex1

I went to the montreal Pro Store and I was the first in the store and they have a lot of each products in stock ! I really like all blush but I bought 4 of them: Immortal Flower , Pink Tea , Pink Cult , Peony Petal , Love Cloud ! I post a Youtube video with swatches on my hand but I speak French :S
I wear Immortal Flower today and it's sooo beautiful !
Sorry for my english, I speak french :)

BadLeslie

Getting closer to deciding. I'm definitely picking up Modern Mandarin and Immortal Flower because all of the coral/peach/orange blushes I own are matte. Still unsure about Full of Joy. I have Sakura too and it's not my favorite, but FoJ looks so pretty with that sheen. Can any NC20-30s vouch for FoJ?