MAC Tres Cheek discussion

lmcmullen

I thought I wanted Lovecloud but that now might be a skip for me. I recently bought Stilas Valentine blush (pink with all the hearts) and it swatches very similiar on me as Lovecloud does on Temptalia. Christine and I have nearly the same skin tone and hair (though I have blue eyes, not brown) so her swatches are always a huge help as 95% of the time it looks the same on me as it does on her...

peachsuns

I'm glad that some people asked Christine if Full of Joy compares to Sakura. I was wondering the same. She said Sakura's lighter outer shade is similar but more muted, less pink. It sounds good to me. (I love Sakura so much!)
cheerleader.gif

Mac-Guy

Ugh, MM is so pretty. Do yall think it's close to my paradise without the gold overlay?

It's in the same family, but as the finish is so different, it is certainly worth getting both.

If you are quite pale (NW20 and <), apply it with the 131 or the 184 to avoid clown cheeks. IMO, the 188 did not work too well as the bristles are too long and flimsy, which does not allow for a great blending of this particular shade. A regular blush/contour brush (109, 116, 168, 169) did pick up far too much product (= ultra clown cheeks).

shontay07108

I debated with myself whether or not I should go to pro and I decided not to. Now, I only want Modern Mandarin from this collection and Modern Pewter shadow from ED. That's not enough to make the trip. i will wait until next week. I'm passing on Full of Joy. It doesn't look like it will suit me the way Azalea Blossom does. Disappointing.

erinmichelle87

Seriously. Why isn't this up on the regular MAC website yet??? I need blushes! I'm still unsure which I am getting, but if it doesn't come up soon I might go mad.
mac_haul.gif

why would it be up already? you are basing your idea off S3/C3/Vera. That was the only collection that has ever launched early. Dont worry they will be there soon! probably Monday/Tuesday!

BadLeslie

Oh my god I'm having such a hard time deciding what to get! I have a ton of blushes from other brands and it seems like there are some good dupes out there. Since I don't own any of these yet, I'm totally just speculating...

Immortal Flower looks like Tarte's Blissful Amazonian Clay blush and Illamasqua's Lover
Modern Mandarin looks like Tarte's Tipsy Amazonian Clay blush
Peony Petal looks like ELF's Pink Passion blush

Does anyone have these to compare?

I'm twiddling my thumbs over Full of Joy too. I own Sakura and Azalea Blossom and I don't wear either very often because they tend to wash me out as I'm an NC25 with fierce yellow undertones. If FOJ is slightly pinker than these two, I'd totally go for it but I just can't tell!

Also, anymore thoughts on Pink Cult vs. Pink Tea? I missed PC when it came out with Jeanius and it looks like more unique of a color than Pink Tea. Ack. Excuse me while I go bang my head into a wall trying to figure all this out. Lol.

BadLeslie

One more question... Is it possible that applying Modern Mandarin lightly will yield the same look as Immortal Flower? I'm wondering if I really need both. In some swatches, MM looks like a slightly darker, more vibrant cousin of IM.

Prettypackages

I have no idea of what to get. I might add immortal flower back on the list since i missed out on fresh honey AGAIN. (Why didn't I order it on Monday when I saw it)?

Mac-Guy

One more question... Is it possible that applying Modern Mandarin lightly will yield the same look as Immortal Flower? I'm wondering if I really need both. In some swatches, MM looks like a slightly darker, more vibrant cousin of IM.

Not really, there is not only a noticeable difference in lightness, but more important, MM is a clean bright, whereas IM is more dirty muted.

PrettyKitty

I got my 2 blushes! Lovecloud is super pretty, a lovely pink that would look good on warm and cold toned skin. And I love the glow it gives to my cheeks!

I haven't tried Immortal Flower yet but on my hands, it's very sheer. I'm kinda disappointed with this one. It's sheer and slightly chalky. My skin is about C40 right now (gotta love my St. Tropez self tanner!), and I'm afraid I'll need to apply a lot and I hope it won't look chalky. However, I think it would be the perfect sheer peachy coral blush for fair skin!! I wish I got Modern Mandarin instead of this one.

Honey&LemonGirl

The more I look at Pink Tea in the pan, the more I want it... :( Esp since I'm skipping Pink Cult (owned it before, didn't work for me, sold it away). I hope T's review comes out soon.

Anna x

Oh my god I'm having such a hard time deciding what to get! I have a ton of blushes from other brands and it seems like there are some good dupes out there. Since I don't own any of these yet, I'm totally just speculating...

Immortal Flower looks like Tarte's Blissful Amazonian Clay blush and Illamasqua's Lover
Modern Mandarin looks like Tarte's Tipsy Amazonian Clay blush
Peony Petal looks like ELF's Pink Passion blush

Does anyone have these to compare?

I'm twiddling my thumbs over Full of Joy too. I own Sakura and Azalea Blossom and I don't wear either very often because they tend to wash me out as I'm an NC25 with fierce yellow undertones. If FOJ is slightly pinker than these two, I'd totally go for it but I just can't tell!

Also, anymore thoughts on Pink Cult vs. Pink Tea? I missed PC when it came out with Jeanius and it looks like more unique of a color than Pink Tea. Ack. Excuse me while I go bang my head into a wall trying to figure all this out. Lol.
i am wondering about pink tea vs pink cult too, pink tea looks prettier in the pan and swatches, but everyone seems to love pink cult!

lyseD

I've never had pink cult and in the pan I think it looks blah but I am getting it for sure based on all the terrific reviews.
i am wondering about pink tea vs pink cult too, pink tea looks prettier in the pan and swatches, but everyone seems to love pink cult!