MAC Tres Cheek discussion

aradhana

its amazing...
I used to only trust t's swatches, being in aus and ordering from the US make it impossible for me to see items myself first BUT the 2 blushes I decided on by seeing in person actually are the only two I wouldn't have picked if I had.

as much as I adore her reviews and pictures I think I will have to be careful in the future as I have a lot of things I don't like (in no way am I blaming her!!) but our skin tones are so so so different
i was the same for t's swatches...i still like seeing them because they are very clear and well lit, but i prefer making my decisions for what to purchase based on in person swatches when possible, and swatches on darker skintones.

OhSoJaded

Thanks for posting this again! Must have missed it.

Darn, it looks like Peony Petal might be going back on my list

its amazing...
I used to only trust t's swatches, being in aus and ordering from the US make it impossible for me to see items myself first BUT the 2 blushes I decided on by seeing in person actually are the only two I wouldn't have picked if I had.

as much as I adore her reviews and pictures I think I will have to be careful in the future as I have a lot of things I don't like (in no way am I blaming her!!) but our skin tones are so so so different

Mac-Guy

i was the same for t's swatches...i still like seeing them because they are very clear and well lit, but i prefer making my decisions for what to purchase based on in person swatches when possible, and swatches on darker skintones.

If you have to rely on online swatches, find a blogger who is close to your skintone. While swatches might look beautiful on one person, if your complexion is the opposite of that, it probably won't look like anything close to that on you. I like T's swatches for the clarity of the image and to give me a general idea, but almost all products look completely different on me. It doesn't come as a surprise though give that she is a medium NC and I am a light NW.

Richelle83

If I waited for bloggers of my skintone(or close to it) to post swatches I'd never be able to buy anything lol.

I kinda laughed a bit seeing FOJ on T, she really packed it on! Lovecloud is looks sooooo pretty but I will try to resist.

Calla88

If you have to rely on online swatches, find a blogger who is close to your skintone. While swatches might look beautiful on one person, if your complexion is the opposite of that, it probably won't look like anything close to that on you. I like T's swatches for the clarity of the image and to give me a general idea, but almost all products look completely different on me. It doesn't come as a surprise though give that she is a medium NC and I am a light NW.
I definitely agree Mac-Guy skin tone as well as undertones make a huge difference on how a product will show up. I'm pretty lucky as I'm not cool or warm toned somewhere in the middle but downside to that is usually need to try things on know for sure. Different people see different things with my skin and very few get it right. Back blush talk I think I might have go swatch Peony Petal. Richelle try to find someone with a similar skin tone and undertones , but I do understand as a WOC it is definitely a challenge for us, to find swatches out there before the launch but that's when having good relationship with MUA's helps.

jenntoz

I think she always tries to pack on the blushes so you can really see their color but sometimes it just looks silly, not try to be mean or rude here cause I really like & appreciate Christine but FoJ looks pretty bad on her as heavy as she applied it

If I waited for bloggers of my skintone(or close to it) to post swatches I'd never be able to buy anything lol.

I kinda laughed a bit seeing FOJ on T, she really packed it on! Lovecloud is looks sooooo pretty but I will try to resist.

Knope2012

I can't decide at all! I don't own tons of blushes, maybe 10-15 as compared to my giant lipstick stash. I definitely want Full of Joy as I've been dying for a lavender blush, but I can't decide between Modern Mandarin, LoveCloud, and Immortal Flower.

elegant-one

I think they all look deliciously gorgeous!
eyelove.gif

OctoberViolet

Seriously. Why isn't this up on the regular MAC website yet??? I need blushes! I'm still unsure which I am getting, but if it doesn't come up soon I might go mad.
mac_haul.gif

Mac-Guy

If you like Sur, you should consider Pink Tea, which is a slightly cooler version of Sur. I recommend using the 168 with PT to get a great result.

Monsy

allura has swatches
http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/review-swatches-mac-tres-cheek-powder-blushes/

Latest posts