MAC Tres Cheek discussion

xasperadastra

I hope those blushes will be in pro pan too... because they will be a bit cheaper!! but I like depotting stuff and use the packaging for back to Mac! ^^

rockin

I don't live anywhere near a MAC counter or store, so can't see myself ever being able to do B2M. I do like saving money by buying pro-pans, though, as well as it saving the hassle of de-potting. I find it quite frustrating that they don't do the LE eyeshadows in pro-pan form.

sss215

Best of all: no repromotes this time. Double-yeah for new products!
flower.gif
yay!

Mac-Guy

Unless you already have an empty palette (for which I assume you paid as well at some point), it's not a big a very tiny price difference:

6 refills x $17 = $102 + 1 palette x 17 = Total $119 + tax

6 compact x $20 = Total $120 + tax

So it's only one buck difference. The real issue for me is space.

LMD84

I don't live anywhere near a MAC counter or store, so can't see myself ever being able to do B2M. I do like saving money by buying pro-pans, though, as well as it saving the hassle of de-potting. I find it quite frustrating that they don't do the LE eyeshadows in pro-pan form.
you can post them to mac head office. that is what i did a couple of time. only once did it go wrong where they sent me one lipstick when i should have gotten two!

martiangurll

pink tea- neutral beige pink (satin) sounds lovely, wonder if it will be like a cross between Tenderling and Pink cult
loveclowd- bright mid-tone pink (satin) I wonder how bright?
peony petal- bight blue pink (satin) could it dupe my all time favorite, Pet me MB from FF
modern mandarin-red orange (satin) don't think I can pull this one off
immortal flower- bright peach (satin) if its really bright, its a skip, unless it can be sheered out
full of joy- lavender (satin) hoping this one will be more pigmented than Sakura, but I will get it regardless

Mac-Guy

Looks like there won't be any refills for the US... At least, that's what I've heard today, though you never know with MAC. I still hope for refills on the Pro site like they did with Strada, although it was LE.

sss215

Unless you already have an empty palette (for which I assume you paid as well at some point), it's not a big a very tiny price difference:

Yeah I have one, and I was going to save 6 dollars getting the 2 pans I wanted, which is not going to happen. So compacts only. That's cool too. I can carry my blushes with me. Seriously happy about the new blushes!

singer82

What does the eye cream do exactly? I have the moisture lush eye cream. Is there mush of a difference? I'll have to try that Clarins Pure Melt as I have sensitive and dry skin too. Thanks Liba :)

Not that I noticed. I do wash my brush head out after every use, but the Pure Melt itself behaves really well - it stays a gel with damp fingers or damp brush, but instantly turns into a very light "milk" with a little more water and then washes off very thoroughly. It doesn't leave a moisturizing coating on the skin when you wash it off like a cream cleanser does. It doesn't make the skin feel stripped and taut either (and I have dry, sensitive skin so I'd know). It's definitely a good formula for all skin types - even oily skin.
If you feel like spending the big bucks, though, I swear by the Rodial cleanser, as it's mildly active and yet extremely balanced and moisturizing - makes your skin radiant without going too far in the exfoliation and acidity like a lot of "brightening" formulas do. Not something you want to use at night, but definitely the best I've used for dull, dry middle-aged skin. I use it every morning or for a night out, and then use a cream cleanser at night before bed, usually Clarins, though I'm currently using Shiseido, which I haven't been liking as much as Clarins (although the Clarins formula isn't the same as it used to be, which is why I was switching around out of curiosity).

In a side note: I'm getting such awesome results with MAC's new Mineralize eye cream that I might check out the Lightful cleanser when it comes out - if it's a gel formula, I'm going to stack it up against Rodial and see what happens (it'll be cheaper and easier to find than Rodial, that's for sure). That eye cream is giving me results in just a few weeks that eye creams twice the price haven't managed to do after months of use for me - it's the real deal!

romi79_2008

The refills are 17$ now? Sheesh, they are getting too expansive, what annoys me even more is that most of the glosses and es they are delivering now are around 20$ a piece. thankfully I have a decent collection and only buy pieces and bits here and there.Sigh I`ll still buy the colors I love, love satins now!

Mac-Guy

It changed a few weeks ago. Can't remember the date for the next price increase. I believe it's in August - or around that time.

missah

I like the sound of these blushes! I dont have any MAC Blushes yet that aren't mineralize ><"

Edelmc

Not that I noticed. I do wash my brush head out after every use, but the Pure Melt itself behaves really well - it stays a gel with damp fingers or damp brush, but instantly turns into a very light "milk" with a little more water and then washes off very thoroughly. It doesn't leave a moisturizing coating on the skin when you wash it off like a cream cleanser does. It doesn't make the skin feel stripped and taut either (and I have dry, sensitive skin so I'd know). It's definitely a good formula for all skin types - even oily skin.
If you feel like spending the big bucks, though, I swear by the Rodial cleanser, as it's mildly active and yet extremely balanced and moisturizing - makes your skin radiant without going too far in the exfoliation and acidity like a lot of "brightening" formulas do. Not something you want to use at night, but definitely the best I've used for dull, dry middle-aged skin. I use it every morning or for a night out, and then use a cream cleanser at night before bed, usually Clarins, though I'm currently using Shiseido, which I haven't been liking as much as Clarins (although the Clarins formula isn't the same as it used to be, which is why I was switching around out of curiosity).

In a side note: I'm getting such awesome results with MAC's new Mineralize eye cream that I might check out the Lightful cleanser when it comes out - if it's a gel formula, I'm going to stack it up against Rodial and see what happens (it'll be cheaper and easier to find than Rodial, that's for sure). That eye cream is giving me results in just a few weeks that eye creams twice the price haven't managed to do after months of use for me - it's the real deal!

I have been thinking of getting the clarisonic and I use the pure melt gel already. I was just wondering do you still use an exfoliant 1-2 a week when you are using the clarisonic?

LMD84

I have been thinking of getting the clarisonic and I use the pure melt gel already. I was just wondering do you still use an exfoliant 1-2 a week when you are using the clarisonic?
i don't actually use a seperate exfoliater now i have my clarisonic. i think if i did it would be too harsh on my skin :)

MrsB

Thank you so much PB - can I just say I love your shoots on FB? your make up work is simply stunning. And now I must have each LE blush. I have a thing for blush! I'm so excited. Do we have a release estimate yet?

MrsB

I hear you on the space thing. I have never bought anything in pan form...or depotted anything.. Oh the shame *hides* And now make up is taking over my house! So much so I'm turning a spare room into a makeup room. I need to depot and palette for sure. Not to mention I could probably get half the permeant lipsticks on B2M!