MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

Tonetone711

After KrystalAnne posted swatches I snatched up Simmer from Nordies sigh. Might go tomorrow just to stare and play with things. I don't know if I can wait a week!

Medgal07

sigh.gif
I started out by saying that I wasn't getting anything...then it all went down hill after Adored
lmao.gif
Why even fight it? We love this stuff too so much!

ladyarwen

Of course, now after I order all my stuff and wait a few days to get it, Mac sends me an email with a free overnight shipping code. Smh. Its QUICK if anyone still hasn't ordered.
Do you know when it expires? I might order the brushes if it lasts until Friday.

cr8zy4MAC

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the 159 brush and Midnight Mambo. I was planning on holding off for a little bit, hoping that Simmer would be available. So much for that idea. I was worried that if I held off too long, then either the brush or the lippy might be gone by that point. I guess I'll have to trudge over to the store and get Simmer there.

josephine90

should i get show orchid instead of MM? 138 or 109 for contouring? adding stuff into my cart now due to overnight shipping, probably getting lust too and simmer is coming soon wth

cocotears

all these swatches are making me wish i could afford to get lust too. :( question: do CCOs ever have permanent items or is it just discontinued/extra LE stuff?

KrystalAnne

Oh yeah, the 159 is awesome! I tried it yesterday with Adored and it applied it perfectly. It's the perfect size for highlighting. I want another one, but I'll hold off for a bit.

I just saw Beautezine's review of Simmer and it looks sooo pretty on her.

Medgal07

I hauled so small from this collection.

• Narcissus CSG x2
  • Fever Isle CSG
  • Have to Have It Lip Pencil
  • 159 Brush

I ordered Narcissus and Have to Have It weeks ago when they were backordered on Nordstrom's site. They shipped on the 20th and I received them yesterday. Narcissus is everything I hoped it would be. I also ordered Fever Isle and the 159 brush yesterday before I knew it was permanent. I'll probably BU Narcissus and Fever Isle. I may get a MSF or two, but that's it. Maybe Lust because of MACJunkie85's swatch and/or Rio. Maybe not. I'm toning down my MAC purchases.

Wasn't a blue lip pencil part of this collection?
Nice haul CC!!! Mine is the face of NO self control! Of this collection I already have GD & S & G, all of the lip liners, two of the lipsticks & Narcissus. So, this is what I ordered:
mac_wishlist.gif

• Narcissus BU CSG
  • Japanese Spring BU CSG
  • Heroine Lip Pencil BU
  • Exotic Ember- MB
  • Simmer- MB
  • Sweet Samba-MB
  • Adored- MSF
  • Lust- MSF
  • Rio-MSF
  • Brush #159 x 2

KrystalAnne

Atleast 2 is what my heart is telling me. My brain on the other hand...
I wonder if it will make it to CCOs? The CCO near me had a lot of Light Year and Star Wonder. I don't want to risk missing it though. I'm going to just bite the bullet and order it right now.

I have a bare face right now and some pinky-redness in my cheeks (so does that make me NW?) and i applied Adored with the 159 (can't get over how much I like this brush) to my cheekbones and over some of the redness and it really perked my face up and helped with the redness. Another reason to love this MF'ing MSF. Then I decided to pop Rio onto my cheeks (used the 159 again) just to see how it'd look.
eyelove.gif
I loved it. The 159 is good for applying blush to my cheeks. I had been wanting to get the 188 because the 187 is too big and I need something else for my super pigmented blushes. The 159 fits the bill for me!

I just compared my Water MES from last year to CCC to try and get that pretty dark color, but my Water didn't have much of the dark color. It was just a thin swirl of it. I want to be able to get that color on my brush. Anyone have any suggestions for a dark pearly blue green (like in Cha Cha Cha) eyeshadow? Idk if I should just get Cha Cha Cha. I haven't heard too many good things about it.

I also came across Magnetic Attraction. Ahh, fell in love again. I need to start using it more.