MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

alisabosco

I personally don' t think that they are (too) close.Adored is decribed asCoral with light beige pearlized pigments whereas Light Year is decribed as Peachy pink with gold shimmer. Same for Lust -> Pale pink with cranberry pearlized pigments vs. Star Wonder -> Plummy pink with multi-dimensional pearl
That's true, thanks for pointing that out! Its hard to tell without swatches, and even with photos it doesn't quite capture the full effects of the MSFs. I just wished they would come out with a lighter coloured MSF for highlight, some really unique colour. Will have to swatch these in store

VampyCouture

I'm all over the place with this collection! The colours draw me right in *swoon*
I can definitely see similarities with some colours and previous collections. I have so many items on my want list. I hope swatches can help me skip some things!
heat.gif
Or else I'm in for some serious money troubles lol.

I've noticed quite a few blue based eyeshadows in the MES selection. I'm not too comfortable with blue
001_unsure.gif

I have a suspicion that Bossa Blue will have a similar duochrome-ness that Seashore Frosts (color tattoo) has. Perhaps a bit darker though.
That's just guessing though, swatches will tell!

I'm really excited with this collection. I will either dodge the lipstick bullet or pay dearly for this collection lol.

For sure list: Adored + Lust MSF
yes.gif
Me neither and I don't really wear color on my lids. I am in the minority that loves MES, but I'll have to pass on these.

MRV

Yeah he's misinformed. Tho red dyes are usually the culprit, it has nothing to do with your eye colour. LIGHT sensitivity does (lighter eyes such as blue and green are more prone to light sensitivities), but not makeup sensitivity.
icon_eek.gif
My eyes are dark (not in the brown family though) but they are still sensitive. But.. I'm sensitive all over so that's just logical.
th_dunno.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I don't know why, but I'm not too excited about this collection. Right now, I just want Fever Isle and a BU of Narcissus. That might change once we see more swatches though.

MACina

I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the MBs.Only Sweet Samba is on my list and even this one is a "maybe"
after seeing the promo pics.I am worried that the bronze part will "kill" the pretty pink part
ssad.gif

But I am still VERY excited for Lust, Adored,all the MES,Midnight Mambo (
eyelove.gif
), Narcissus BUs and the 159 brush
pompom.gif

I don't know why, but I'm not too excited about this collection. Right now, I just want Fever Isle and a BU of Narcissus. That might change once we see more swatches though.

MissBeautyBunni

sigh...it all looks so awesome!
I'm actually interested in Calypso beat and Fever Isle but I have to see them in person to decide.

mac_wishlist.gif
for now...
Narcissus
Exotic Ember (i looks like fun lol)
Rio
Midnight mambo
159 brush

erine1881

The 159 is definitely smaller than the 131!!! I just compared the size of my 131 to the 187 and the hairs are the same length. In the pics above, the 159 i hairs are shorter. This will be my new HG highlight brush!!! :fluffy: