MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

liba

One thing my MA told me about this collection:

He mentioned the MSFs had silver streaks in them, which he felt made them a little too grayish to be flattering. He's very NW and pink skinned, though, so he might be biased a bit. I know I do really really well with Semi-Precious Crystal Pink, which is sort of grey toned. That's one of my favorite MSFs actually, so who knows.
shrugs.gif

All I know I want for sure is Exotic Ember (unless it looks really bad on me). Even Midnight Mambo I'm going to have to try first, since so far I preferred the nude colors in the Mineralize lipsticks formula over the bright ones (the texture works so well for nudes, but I thought made brights look a little greasy).

This is going to be the first year where I buy more from the standard summer collection than from the Mineralize one.
2cents.gif

Lipstickdiva420

He mentioned the MSFs had silver streaks in them, which he felt made them a little too grayish to be flattering. He's very NW and pink skinned, though, so he might be biased a bit. I know I do really really well with Semi-Precious Crystal Pink, which is sort of grey toned. That's one of my favorite MSFs actually, so who knows.
shrugs.gif

All I know I want for sure is Exotic Ember (unless it looks really bad on me). Even Midnight Mambo I'm going to have to try first, since so far I preferred the nude colors in the Mineralize lipsticks formula over the bright ones (the texture works so well for nudes, but I thought made brights look a little greasy).

This is going to be the first year where I buy more from the standard summer collection than from the Mineralize one.
2cents.gif
I want exotic ember as well and I guess I won't be getting any of the msf's if they're grayish except for gold deposit.

sungelly87

I'm interested in the MSFs and MBs the most...however I haven't actually bought and used a MSF...somehow when I swatch or try it on it just doesn't work on me. I passed on Stereo Rose twice. Bought Lightscapade and returned it...*sigh

Haven

I have so many mineralized products from past collex, that I should pass on this whole collection. Let's see if that can actually happen.

Icecaramellatte

shrugs.gif

2cents.gif
I feel the same way. I went hog wild on the summer collection. I'm losing interest in this one.

Richelle83

Unless swatches persuade me otherwise I'll just be getting the 3 new MSF's. I od'd something fierce last year and barely use what I bought which was damn near the whole collection! Trying to be
angelic.gif
this year. Luckily nothing else really excites me.

lilinah

Well, with this collection I want a few things - the 159 Brush! yessss!!!! maybe Narcissus and an e/s or 2 - but i'm just not gonna go ape. It's just not grabbing me by the throat and shaking me the way Heavenly Creature did. With that one, I tried to control myself, but i kept going back for more. It will be much easier to control myself on this time.

And i'm still unhappy that Tropica is an eye shadow and not a lip liner
crybaby.gif

badassSENORiTA

first time I've really wanted so much in one collection, I have no MAC Mineralize products at all
maybe it'll be better for my somewhat sensitive skin..
so far I think I want:
Mineralize Lipsticks
Divine Choice – Mid-tone cool pink cream​
Midnight Mambo –Intense violet​
Luxe Naturale – Light beige cream​
Glamour Era – Mid-tone warm brown frost​
Lip Pencil
Heroine – Bright purple​
Tropica - Silver blue with purple pearlize pigments (interesting, only if it looks good on me)​
Mineralize Blush
Sweet Samba –Dark pink with tan pearlized pigments​
Simmer- Burnt rose with peach/gold pearlized pigments​
Mineralize Skinfinish
Adored – Coral with light beige pearlized pigments​
Rio – Bronze with bright pink pearlized pigments​
Soft ‘n Gentle – Gilded peach bronze (definitely want!!!)​
Mineralize Eyeshadow
Dare to Bare – Light cream with gold pearlized pigments​
Cha-Cha-Cha – Deep blue green with green pearlized pigments (guessing it's on the model? pretty but have a feeling it'll wash out my hazel eyes because of the blue)​
159 Brush - Duo fibre face brush​

Ashleybubbles83

Erine was right...I can't go without getting something from this collection...soooooo my list is Rio, Bossa Blue, Exotic Ember and Midnight Mambo. Does this work? Ha ha ha

Genn

Everything looks so pretty but I need to stick to a small list. I barely use the ES I got from Heavenly Creatures. I know I want Adored and the 159. I'm going to try and skip Lust and everything else on my list. we will see.

Sylvia60

Cha-Cha-Cha – Deep blue green with green pearlized pigments (guessing it's on the model? pretty but have a feeling it'll wash out my hazel eyes because of the blue)​
I know what you mean. It's hard to predict what will work with green to hazel eyes!
I think the best is to ask a MUA to try it on you.
I'd have saved a lot of money by taking to the time to see just how a particular gorgeous colour really looks with my eyes before buying it.

allthingsglam

I know what you mean. It's hard to predict what will work with green to hazel eyes! I think the best is to ask a MUA to try it on you. I'd  have saved a lot of  money by taking to the time to see just how a particular gorgeous colour really looks with my eyes before buying it.
cha cha cha will be mines I live for blues

Addict4MAC

Well, with this collection I want a few things - the 159 Brush! yessss!!!! maybe Narcissus and an e/s or 2 - but i'm just not gonna go ape. It's just not grabbing me by the throat and shaking me the way Heavenly Creature did. With that one, I tried to control myself, but i kept going back for more. It will be much easier to control myself on this time.

And i'm still unhappy that Tropica is an eye shadow and not a lip liner
crybaby.gif
Me too!
cry.gif

Addict4MAC

Okay ladies, I only own MSFN in medium deep and I'm curious to try some of these mineralize products. Could someone make any suggestions/recommendations? I would like to try the MSF for a highlight and/or all over glow. I'm somewhere between NC43-45. TIA