MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

AniBEE

Is it just me or the mineralize products in this collection are flatter in the dome shape then they currently make them. ;)

Rinstar

I'm still a little confused about which MES is which for some reason. None of those look like "light cream with gold" to me?

MACina

I agree!
The one the should be Dare to Bare looks like a mix of beige and lilac
th_dunno.gif

But, to be honst, I would love Dare to Bare to look like that
heart.gif

I'm still a little confused about which MES is which for some reason. None of those look like "light cream with gold" to me?

badassSENORiTA

I know what you mean. It's hard to predict what will work with green to hazel eyes!
I think the best is to ask a MUA to try it on you.
I'd have saved a lot of money by taking to the time to see just how a particular gorgeous colour really looks with my eyes before buying it.
the way my eyes are a lot of things don't look so great on me. Scarlet Ibis lipstick washed me out really bad :/ which was a shame because I wanted to love it.
I see lots of girls with brown eyes pull off blue shadow so pretty and I'm JEALOUS! but yea I'll have to go in the store and have them try on me.. lipsticks
I refuse to test from their testers because even though they "sanitize it" I just keep thinking where everyone else's mouth could've been
wondering.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by badassSENORiTA
first time I've really wanted so much in one collection, I have no MAC Mineralize products at all
maybe it'll be better for my somewhat sensitive skin..
so far I think I want:
Lip Pencil
Heroine – Bright purple​
Tropica - Silver blue with purple pearlize pigments (interesting, only if it looks good on me)​

Just in case you didn't notice, Tropica is NOT a lip pencil. That was a mistake. It is actually an eye shadow.

If it had been a lip pencil i was gonna haul a lot of backups.

Lipstickjunkii

I will probably just go with Midnight Mambo from this collection. Then again, I'm working with a lot of purples so I'll need to see some swatches.

MissTT

Midnight Mambo is the only thing on my list too although I haven't been terribly pleased w/ my mineralized lipstick. It's got too much slip me thinks. The creaminess makes it not want to go on smoothly. I was hoping I could apply w/o mirror, but with Style Surge it looks patchy on me. I was wishing for no fuss application.

Corally

Midnight Mambo is the only thing on my list too although I haven't been terribly pleased w/ my mineralized lipstick. It's got too much slip me thinks. The creaminess makes it not want to go on smoothly. I was hoping I could apply w/o mirror, but with Style Surge it looks patchy on me. I was wishing for no fuss application.
I'm gonna skip MM. Mineralize lippies are too expensive IMO and I just got FMP so I'm good for now.