MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
That's my list (plus the brush) assuming swatches confirm that Adored wouldn't be a particularly unique addition to my collection. I love CSGs.

Team CSG!
girlhaha.gif
One of my weaknesses...
sigh.gif

badassSENORiTA

Just in case you didn't notice, Tropica is NOT a lip pencil. That was a mistake. It is actually an eye shadow.

If it had been a lip pencil i was gonna haul a lot of backups.
makes more sense lol, thank you... purple & silver are okay on me
ugh but the damn blue, the benefits of having brown eyes feel like everything looks good on them

ChosenOne

I know, right? I can probably do a small haul... with just Fever Isle and Narcissus.
angelic.gif
We'll see if I can stick to that.
I like how it went from maybe just Narcissus, to maybe just Narcissus and Fever Isle. Well played, just slipping that extra item in there, lol.
girlhaha.gif

alyxo

Every time I try to take it easy with Mac products, I get pulled in with a collection. This whole collection has got me excited, I love how bright everything is!

I want:
- Midnight Mambo
- Sweet Samba
- Time To Tango
- Adored
- Lust

Especially Lust. But I feel like my list will change closer to the release date. And on the date, my list always seems to get smaller.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I know, right? I can probably do a small haul... with just Fever Isle and Narcissus.
angelic.gif
We'll see if I can stick to that.
I like how it went from maybe just Narcissus, to maybe just Narcissus and Fever Isle. Well played, just slipping that extra item in there, lol.
girlhaha.gif
Aw, man! You got me!
girlhaha.gif
What I meant was if I can say no to Narcissus (one of my favorites), I can say no to everything else (including Fever Isle). My initial list included all MB's (and maybe on the MSF's). If I do cave in and order a BU of Narcissus, I might as well get Fever Isle (sounds lovely based on the description). It might sound weird but I feel like I can't just order one item from a collection. Like when I ordered SNL, I added another lipstick from the perm range. I did the same thing with RRW.

martiangurll

I'm gonna skip MM. Mineralize lippies are too expensive IMO and I just got FMP so I'm good for now.
my thoughts exACTly

after seeing how the Spring collections crashed my account, I am narrowing down the list

Mineralize Blush: I think only Simmer, the other two look like others I have

Mineralize Skin Finish:

• Lust – Pale pink with cranberry pearl (YES!)
  • Rio--Bronze with pink pearl (Maybe, have to find one that's mostly pink)

Mineralize Eyeshadow 1-3 depends on swatches

• Dare to Bare – Light cream with gold pearl (Maybe)

• Time to Tango- Lavendar with silver pearlized pigments YES
  • Bossa Blue – Royal blue with brown pearlized pigments (Maybe)

ChosenOne

Aw, man! You got me!
girlhaha.gif
What I meant was if I can say no to Narcissus (one of my favorites), I can say no to everything else (including Fever Isle). My initial list included all MB's (and maybe on the MSF's). If I do cave in and order a BU of Narcissus, I might as well get Fever Isle (sounds lovely based on the description). It might sound weird but I feel like I can't just order one item from a collection. Like when I ordered SNL, I added another lipstick from the perm range. I did the same thing with RRW.
Ahhh I see what you mean! I'm kind of the same way with never just ordering one thing, especially if it's something I have to pay shipping for. There's a whole method to my madness on that, but I won't ramble (for once), lol. Good luck saying no to these beauties!! At least 2 Fever Isles for me, plus an array of other lovelies
heart.gif

Beautybuyer

Smaller??? :cry: I read about this some time ago. MAC is not among the brands that have lead in their lippies. :shock: My eyes are dark (not in the brown family though) but they are still sensitive. But.. I'm sensitive all over so that's just logical. :dunno:
Really? I read somewhere the exact opposite that some of their lipsticks do. I'll have to look for the page. http://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/productandingredientsafety/productinformation/ucm137224.htm Maybe they don't recently but a lot of us bought lipsticks before recently :)

MRV

Maybe they don't recently but a lot of us bought lipsticks before recently
smiles.gif
I dunno. I don't remember what the article I read said exactly. It was just a general statement. Maybe it depends on the shade? I have only 2 Mac lippes mentioned in that link.

erine1881

I dunno. I don't remember what the article I read said exactly. It was just a general statement. Maybe it depends on the shade? I have only 2 Mac lippes mentioned in that link.
Even tho you have 2 of them, it's only the certain batch code. So if your batch code doesn't match up, you're good.

vaisforluvrs

Even tho you have 2 of them, it's only the certain batch code. So if your batch code doesn't match up, you're good.
Is the batch code the lot# on that list? I have a handful of these that I'll have to check at home. I bought most of them in the last year, so I think they should be fine, but I just want to double-check.

alyxo

I'm a little confused. I was told that this collection is being released July 4th. However, when I went to my Mac today, my sweet Mac lady told me that they changed the date to June 24th. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just confused. Why are they changing it? Anyone else know about this? I live close to Toronto so I'm sure if Canada has moved up the date, the States will too?

Beautybuyer

Oh good to know! Personally I don't care I think it's like everything else. Fine in moderation. I only ever looked it up because when I had a Facebook there was this whole lipstick thing being passed around. Some little girl in this area had high lead levels ( from cheap lipgloss). And who knows if it was even proven.Everything is a killer these days :/ Back to topic.. Erin since you're like the makeup guru lol This collection is also being released in department stores right? So when's the online release? Sorry if its been asked?