MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

sss215

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

the Brash & Bold, Push the Edge and Melon pigments looks just like something in a Dr. Facilier scene. very pretty pigments.

Carbon? i just don't understand why this MAC staple is being re-promoted in this collection. I know their is a business reason behind it, but shouldn't it be something an artist should just suggest. Seems like a waste.

Susanne

Why don't we get new pigments?
ssad.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

New pigments would be nice it sucks that in most of the collections that have new pigments your only getting one new pigment like fabulous felines your getting bloodline which is new

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Why don't we get new pigments?
ssad.gif

nope.gif
cry.gif
i know! this is what i am sad about the most!

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazerella
I don't know how everyone is controlling their wishlist so well! I want so many items! How do you do it?!

I only choose pretty colors that would be flattering on my skintone and that I would wear regularly and that are also unique (not similar to anything I own or anything from the perm line).

Winthrop44

The magically cool powder sounds alot like Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder to me.
th_wink3.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
The magically cool powder sounds alot like Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder to me.
th_wink3.gif

Do you have the Prescriptives Powder and if so do you like it? I'm very curious about the Magically Cool Powder
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

^^I had it many years ago. It really was cooling on application but that's all I really remember about it.

aeroerin

I'm quite disappointed in the packaging, but as Lou said, I'll have no qualms about depotting! The only one that looks okay to me is the blue/green MES with Maleficent on the top. Maybe I'm biased--I LOVE Maleficent.

The only thing product-wise that I'm truly craving is the French Quarter GPS. I only recently hopped on the GPS-bandwagon with the Art Supplies collection--and now I'm obsessed with my Dirty GPS. The description for the FQ GPS is to die for!

manthanoelle

Am I the only person who LOVES the packaging thus far? I think it's what they should have done with Hello Kitty, kept it simple with the characters and the MAC logo. So I am glad they are keeping it like this. Even though I do enjoy the packaging I am going to have to probably depot a few things.

I do also LOVE the fact that from what we see/know so far the products which fall under the line for what character "it belongs to" is the character on the packaging. It's not like the Makeup Art Cosmetics collection where you have various mini-collections for people with in the wide scope of one collection, but there was no indication on the packaging of who it "belonged" to. If this makes sense.

I am going to highly doubt MAC Pro discounts are going to be allowed on this collection *braces wallet*

marusia

Am I weird for applying my GPS with a small eyeliner brush? I'm not sure how to use it, but that's how I've been doing it. LOL

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
Am I weird for applying my GPS with a small eyeliner brush? I'm not sure how to use it, but that's how I've been doing it. LOL

Hahah not at all. I haven't even got one yet... they strike fear in me so I think a small eyeliner brush is a-ok.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia

everybody has their own way of doing things so you are not weird
smiles.gif
i personally draw it on my lid and the blend out with the 217 brush
smiles.gif

yazerella

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthanoelle
Am I the only person who LOVES the packaging thus far? I think it's what they should have done with Hello Kitty, kept it simple with the characters and the MAC logo. So I am glad they are keeping it like this. Even though I do enjoy the packaging I am going to have to probably depot a few things.

I do also LOVE the fact that from what we see/know so far the products which fall under the line for what character "it belongs to" is the character on the packaging. It's not like the Makeup Art Cosmetics collection where you have various mini-collections for people with in the wide scope of one collection, but there was no indication on the packaging of who it "belonged" to. If this makes sense.

I am going to highly doubt MAC Pro discounts are going to be allowed on this collection *braces wallet*

Nope! I love it too! There a few other people who also like it (albeit not too many..) but I'm so happy with it! It's pretty much what I imagined, to be honest. And you're right, I also like the fact that we can tell who the different items belong to!

I couldn't be more excited
smiles.gif

manthanoelle

wishlist :-/

Lipstick
Innocence, Beware! Light yellow pink (Cremesheen) (LE)
Toxic Tale Bright coral (Satin) (LE)

Lipglass
Wicked Ways Light nude with gold pearl (LE)
Strange Potion Soft coral pink (LE)
Hot House Deep raspberry with pink pearl (LE)
Revenge is Sweet Light yellow purple (LE)

Eyeshadow
Sweet Joy Creamy pale gold (Frost) (LE)
Her Alter Image Light violet (Veluxe Pearl) (LE)
Vainglorious Bronze burgundy (Frost) (LE)
Vile Violet Deep blue purple (Matte) (LE)

Blush
Darkly My Dear Mid-tone brown plum (Matte) (LE)
Bite of an Apple Soft coral pink (Matte) (LE)

Mineralize Eyeshadow
My Dark Magic Deep pink with pink pearl / Deep plum with purple pearl (LE)
She Who Dares Deep navy with blue pearl / Deep forest green with lime pearl (LE)

Nail Lacquer
Bad Fairy Red with multi-changing pigments (LE)
Formidable! Teal green with pink pigment (LE)
Mean & Green Purple with teal pigment (LE)

Lipgelee
Resort Life Off-white with pink pearl (LE)

queen_kitty

It all looks and sounds fabulous to me! I like quite a few of the products from the descriptions, and I'm excited that there are a couple new VP eyeshadows. I'm so excited that the MES has Maleficent and her crow on them, one of those is a must for me! I think most of the products sounds quite unique to me, and I'm not sure what is dissapointing most people from the color descriptions? There's some really amazing sounding lipsticks and lipglasses, several purples even! I don't even like Cruella, but both of her lipsticks sound really fabulous! Plus there's a few Amplified finishes which everybody always says are wonderful, and I look forward to giving them a try! Also the nail lacquers sound completely awesome, they sound like they might be really awesome duochrome type finishes or perhaps iridescent! Anyways, I am super excited!!

kisou

Poking through what everyone else had to say...

RE: Packaging---- Ehhh... I definitely think it could have looked better. I think this was probably where Disney stuck its nose in and forced MAC to use only the more famous and well known images... as if they were marketing to kids. I think the packaging could have looked more classy and shown that it was marketed to adults.

RE: Wishlist... I know Push the Edge is no-big-thang but I want it! I don't have enough violets in my collection. I'm also thinking Melon to spice it up a bit. I would have to take a peek at the blushes and lipsticks in the swatches that'll get posted before I decide. I'm thinking I'll probably have to tear myself away from the pigments and focus on the Bite of an Apple powder blush! I want something stunning like that description! Sign me up!

erine1881

just a reminder to everyone:

PTE pigment is the same as entremauve is the same as grape. so, if you have any one of the three, you already have PTE. or, get grape now, and have more money for something else later.

th_wink3.gif

kdolll

OMG can't wait! Wonder how fast THIS collection is going to sell out! Definitely gnna pre order
smiles.gif

Wandalemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdolll
OMG can't wait! Wonder how fast THIS collection is going to sell out! Definitely gnna pre order
smiles.gif

You can pre-order stuff? How do you do that?
shockt.gif