MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

laylalovesmac

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdolll
OMG can't wait! Wonder how fast THIS collection is going to sell out! Definitely gnna pre order
smiles.gif

I've been wondering, when you pre-order, do you have to pay in advance? Or are you just reserving things?

monter

Some places have you pay in advance, some just put it on reserve. From what I remember from the TTB thread, there's not much rhyme or reason to what counters do what, I don't think - or it might even vary depending on what MA you talk to!

When I 'pre-ordered' for TTB, my items were actually just put aside. They called me the day they put the products out, told me Marine Life was flying off the shelves, and if I still wanted it, I'd have to pay for it over the phone or come in right then and get it (which makes sense to me and I was fine with!). When I was getting my TTB stuff, I filled out a pre-order form for some stuff from Digipops - they will charge my card a few days before launch, and they'll actually ship the product straight to my house.

HTH?
lol.gif
My advice would be to call your counter and see what they do specifically!

CajunFille'

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I've been wondering, when you pre-order, do you have to pay in advance? Or are you just reserving things?

When TTB came out I called my MAC and ask to "pre-order" my items. They put my items in a box with my name on it and set them in the back. I paid once I got there. I'm not sure how everyone does it, but that's how it went for me then, and every other time I have "pre-ordered."

peachsuns

^ Yes, it sounds interesting.
yes.gif

Does anyone think Bite of an Apple (soft coral pink) will be pinky coral as Instant Chic and Marine Life? I'm thinking if I should get a backup of Instant Chic or just wait for Bite of an Apple if it's somehow close to Instant Chic.
tong.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
^ Yes, it sounds interesting.
yes.gif

Does anyone think Bite of an Apple (soft coral pink) will be pinky coral as Instant Chic and Marine Life? I'm thinking if I should get a backup of Instant Chic or just wait for Bite of an Apple if it's somehow close to Instant Chic.
tong.gif

I have passed Instant Chic and Marine Life (shocking, I know) so I will get Bite Of An Apple for sure. I think they might be similar.

CajunFille'

Despite my dislike for this packaging I can see through the cheesiness and see the great products on the inside. So, I have a small list for this collection. The eyeshadows will be depotted with out regret. All I can say for the blush packaging is, at least it is the full image of the character and not just a creepy little head like the e/s.

Cruella
E/S-
De-vil- rich copper (VP)
Sweet Joy- creamy pale gold (F)

Evil Queen
E/S-
Her Alter Image- light violet (VP)
Vainglorious- bronze burgundy (F)

BP-
? Oh So Fair- mid-tone pink w/gold pearl ?

Dr. Falicier
French Quarter GPS- black green w/multi colored pearl

This list is pending swatches of course, because if any of these e/s look similar to RL ones that I can back2mac for I won't even bother depotting or spending my $$.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
just a reminder to everyone:

PTE pigment is the same as entremauve is the same as grape. so, if you have any one of the three, you already have PTE. or, get grape now, and have more money for something else later.

th_wink3.gif

very very true!
smiles.gif
sadly i own all 3 of them
th_confused_new.gif

peachsuns

Thank you, Susanne.
heart.gif

Let's hope we'll have the swatch of the blush soon!
winks.gif

kisou

Quote:

PTE pigment is the same as entremauve is the same as grape. so, if you have any one of the three, you already have PTE. or, get grape now, and have more money for something else later.

th_wink3.gif

Thanks for the tip on this! Goes to show much well I know my purples
tong.gif

PlatinumV

I haven't read the entire discussion (40 pages!!!) but I've just looked at the list of this collection and I am entirely intrigued! I mean, dark, bold colours! Pigments, eyeshadows and mysterious powders... how am I supposed to resist?
Question (maybe stupid): I've read in the list that there are 3 sort of "sets". They're just names or we can only buy entire sets?

iheartmakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
I'm super intrigued by the magically cool powder!!
hmm.gif

I have a prescriptives cooling bronzer. it's a loose powder and it really does feel cooling and almost wet (but it isn't!) when you apply it. it's weird but cool!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
I haven't read the entire discussion (40 pages!!!) but I've just looked at the list of this collection and I am entirely intrigued! I mean, dark, bold colours! Pigments, eyeshadows and mysterious powders... how am I supposed to resist?
Question (maybe stupid): I've read in the list that there are 3 sort of "sets". They're just names or we can only buy entire sets?

Here is the colour story for Venomous Villains:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...t-10-a-166165/

The sets we are talking about will be part of the holiday collection, A Tartan Tale. Sorry, but the discussion about the sets is in the wrong thread here.

For those who want to talk about the holiday sets:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...90/index9.html

PinkBasset

Quote:

th_wink3.gif

Except that PTE is eyesafe where Grape isn't. Entremauve is eyesafe too though for those that care about this!
smiles.gif

seabird

i hate the packaging.. it just looks so cheap! i wonder if the villains are stickers, then i could peel them off. also perhaps the lipsticks will be in gloss black tubes which could be pretty cool.. the standard mac black is kind of odd.

either way i'll be picking stuff up from this collection, it's one of the first collections i've been interested in in a while. i just hope the actual products are interesting and exciting when i see/play with them.

User38

I don't think it looks cheap -- it is just too childlike for me. I was expecting a bit more sophistication.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Except that PTE is eyesafe where Grape isn't. Entremauve is eyesafe too though for those that care about this!
smiles.gif

yup. very true
smiles.gif
i don't find any 3 of these purples easy to work with though. they all can be slightly chunky and hard to manage. nothing terrible - but just putting it out there.

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yup. very true
smiles.gif
i don't find any 3 of these purples easy to work with though. they all can be slightly chunky and hard to manage. nothing terrible - but just putting it out there.

I might just skip them and get myself a nice purple/eggplant eyeshadow instead, save me some money!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I might just skip them and get myself a nice purple/eggplant eyeshadow instead, save me some money!

vibrant grape is a lovely purple shadow. and i love violet trance too
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yup. very true
smiles.gif

I think I still haven't used my PTE...
nope.gif
I should though, I have been getting better using my pigments lately! And buying them!
tong.gif