MAC - We Wish You Would Make This Collection (Someday Soon!)

NaomiH

Didn't they do a Viva Glam with RuPaul at one point?? Not a whole collection, but they have gone there before!
smiles.gif
He was one of the first VG people, but I was thinking more of a drag inspired collection where it could be focused on several different queens or even just drag fashion. RuPaul would just be an added bonus.
bigheart.gif

NaomiH

I've wanted a GWTW collection for SO LONG! It's my favorite movie and I was named after Ashley Wilkes! Lol my birthday is also the same day as Vivien Leigh's so I'm biased lol. I also second the Harry Potter suggestion I've been wanting HP stuff too like OPI Harry Potter polishes! I would love a Renaissance theme collection since I'm a history nerd and there could be a black eyeliner named Savonarola! He would loveeeeee that lol
Yes, that'd be great!

Copperhead

He was one of the first VG people, but I was thinking more of a drag inspired collection where it could be focused on several different queens or even just drag fashion. RuPaul would just be an added bonus.
bigheart.gif
Heehee! I know what you mean. I think the closest thing they've done would be the Dame Edna collection. Some would probably consider that toned down drag though. LOL. Nowhere near as 'fierce' as some drags go.

What kind of makeup would Holiday Heart wear?
girlhaha.gif
His character can use some tips.

sagehen

Quote:Originally Posted by Copperhead

Heehee! I know what you mean. I think the closest thing they've done would be the Dame Edna collection. Some would probably consider that toned down drag though. LOL. Nowhere near as 'fierce' as some drags go. 

girlhaha.gif

You are so wrong for that lol.. But I was needing him to work on his hair even more. Dang now we are both wrong!

NaomiH

girlhaha.gif
I wish I was into MAC back then, that collection had the cutest packaging. Oh poor Holiday Heart, he looked a hot mess in drag! lol

sagehen

Quote:Originally Posted by NaomiH

He should of taken some tips from Wesley. LOL
girlhaha.gif

From Miss Noxema Jackson? Jessie's daughter?!? I loved that movie.

Copperhead

He should of taken some tips from Wesley. LOL
girlhaha.gif
Oooh nooooo!!! LOL!

Don't ya'll think Sheryl Underwood looks like Snipes in drag?

And let me say that I've seen some pretty fabulous drag queens but Snipes and Rhames' characters weren't it.

LiliV

How cool! If you have not been to Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta, I highly recommend it! You would probably really enjoy that! I enjoy GWTW for the story and the acting, but what sticks in my mind at the end of the day beyond that is the clothes, the makeup, the overall look of the film, etc. SO many things they could do with that in a collection!
They could do the collection in 4's just like Venomous Villains- Scarlett, Rhett, Melanie, Ashley. A nice big collection! Lol the DVD set is set up in 4's that's what gave me the idea. Scarlett could have all bright colors, Melanie light ones and the same for the boys. def some kind of smokey eye quad for Rhett! And the Frankly Scarlett blush. And nope I've never been to Georgia but I'd love to visit Margaret's house!

ChosenOne

How cool! If you have not been to Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta, I highly recommend it! You would probably really enjoy that!

I enjoy GWTW for the story and the acting, but what sticks in my mind at the end of the day beyond that is the clothes, the makeup, the overall look of the film, etc. SO many things they could do with that in a collection! There are actually a lot of MGM films I think would work well for a MAC line. How fun would a Wizard of OZ collection be?
pompom.gif

POTC 5, whatever it ends up being called, is due out July 2015. That May's summer collection would be a great time to try that.
Re: Wizard of Oz- At some point in a different thread, I definitely started listing all the possibilities for colors for a WoZ collection! It's a movie that really makes naming the colors of products easy. Yellow Brick Road. Ruby Slippers. Emerald City. Tin Man. I mean, really! It's just asking to be a collection!

Re: PotC- That would be great!! Those movies definitely have a following, and MAC was the brand used in at least the first film. Possibly all of them...I never really looked into it. But I would totally be into a PotC collection!