MAC - Wonder Woman Discussion

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Thanks! It's been a busy day - my first chance to log on!
Direct link to the full-size WW testers:
Wonder Woman 2011 Blushes and ES picture by HerGreyness - Photobucket

Enjoy!

Thanks liba -- me too.. just getting ready to get ready for next week
shockt.gif

I could not even remember my photobuck pw..lol
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
werd.gif
I am more from the Barbie fraction
lol.gif
winks.gif

LOL- I am too! I have a limited edition Barbie (still in the box) for each half of my heritage: English and Chilean.
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Thank you so much for all the info and everything, HerGreyness!
heart.gif
Yes, we've heard about WW from you first.
winks.gif
And it's official now!
th_DANCE.gif

Blush addict in me cannot wait for this collection! Love to know about the color story. Spring 2011 will be awesome!
th_DANCE.gif

Agree with everything you said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
all pics are not up yet -- only a few of the blushes and ES prelims.. I have several lippies and some ES.. but not even inspected as yet. I apologize I have not been working for the past 16 days since my husband passed.

But.. keep your hats on, this collection is for next year.

Susanne -- I did not like WW as a child either and was always reading books.. but now, the idea of WW as a hero, as an amazon woman -- a dominatrix as it were, inspires me.

The true test of this collection will of course be the colours.

I'm the same. Never really read a comic, but just how she sounds feels empowering for some reason and since I heard about this collection from you, I have been looking into her more and she kicks ass.
th_DANCE.gif

sailordom

Quote:
usually the spring and fall collections are the biggies -- I think this one will be really special because of the anniversary of WW -- she turns 60!
smiles.gif
and is still a raging Amazon
greengrin.gif

She'll be 70, actually -- her 60th was 10 years ago.
smiles.gif

(Wow, can't believe it was that long ago -- that was a couple years after I started reading DC. I can't possibly be this old yet!
blinks.gif
)

For those who say they didn't read comic books as a child...

Here is where my comic book geek side will gently point out that comics aren't "for kids" and haven't been for, oh, 25 years or so.
winks.gif
While there are some people my age who read as children (I'm in my early 30s), the '80s were definitely the end of that era, if only because of the changing marketplace.

(Short version -- the decline of spinner racks of comics in supermarkets and convenience stores and the rise of the direct market and comic book shops made it harder for kids to buy, plus the tone of superhero books in the late '80s became more serious and darker.)

Comics are made by, aimed at and consumed by adults. Even if at times they're a little silly (especially the superhero stuff), it's no sillier than any other entertainment aimed at grownups, like, say, romance novels or action movies. (Which I also read and watch, so definitely not a slam!)

Anyway, back to the makeup stuff -- I'm really looking forward to some bright colors with this! I'm starting to really love my brights ... even if my wallet may not be agreeing!
th_LMAO.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
thud.gif
I haven't even figured out Fall - & now we're talking Spring of NEXT year
nope.gif

Love those blushes! The colors are beautiful

iagree.gif
with everything you said. I still don't know what I will get for Fall. Does MAC make a year go around faster?
hmm.gif
At least to me, it seems like.
lol.gif

I got something I look forward to in next spring - The WW blushes!
cutey.gif

highheels

Quote:
all pics are not up yet -- only a few of the blushes and ES prelims.. I have several lippies and some ES.. but not even inspected as yet. I apologize I have not been working for the past 16 days since my husband passed.

Thank you for all the pics that you have posted so far... I'm sure this has been an extremely difficult time for you so I appreciate what you have posted for us
yes.gif

I hope you are hanging in there - stay strong
heart2.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i would imagine it's the bracelet. i wonder if they will do what Dior often does and hide a lipgloss in the bracelet at all - that'd be cool!

I want a lasso of truth...or maybe some of those short shorts Linda Carter wore as WW
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
smiles.gif

(Wow, can't believe it was that long ago -- that was a couple years after I started reading DC. I can't possibly be this old yet!
blinks.gif
)

Here is where my comic book geek side will gently point out that comics aren't "for kids" and haven't been for, oh, 25 years or so.
winks.gif
While there are some people my age who read as children (I'm in my early 30s), the '80s were definitely the end of that era, if only because of the changing marketplace.

(Short version -- the decline of spinner racks of comics in supermarkets and convenience stores and the rise of the direct market and comic book shops made it harder for kids to buy, plus the tone of superhero books in the late '80s became more serious and darker.)

Comics are made by, aimed at and consumed by adults. Even if at times they're a little silly (especially the superhero stuff), it's no sillier than any other entertainment aimed at grownups, like, say, romance novels or action movies. (Which I also read and watch, so definitely not a slam!)

Anyway, back to the makeup stuff -- I'm really looking forward to some bright colors with this! I'm starting to really love my brights ... even if my wallet may not be agreeing!
th_LMAO.gif

Yes, love those brights. This looks like it will be full of gorgeous bright colors.

Flaminbird

I must say it's so odd they'd come out with something that was like 30 yrs ago
tong.gif
. Like others have said I loved the show and wanted to be Wonder Woman
greengrin.gif
. I wanted to have a truth rope in school
greengrin.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
smiles.gif

blinks.gif
)

winks.gif

th_LMAO.gif

omg! you are so totally right!! I am still so goofy.. sorry
smiles.gif

I will explain -- my first language is not English.. therefore the Comics which all of you enjoyed in English were not available to me in my language. My late husband was a serious comic collector and he loved and read comics till the weekend before he died.

I did not read a comic until I was in college -- by then I was fluent in English and had total availability to see and read comics
smiles.gif
I loved them for the graphics
smiles.gif

User38

but back to the bright makeup -- which is my work now:

I realize that although it seems like we are rushing (and we are) through the seasons, the Cosmetics industry still lags behind the Fashion industry by a few months. The lag time for the Cosmetics industry is about 3 months behind Fashion -- and the 2011 Spring collections are all out and being shown all over the world
smiles.gif

so, we are a step behind -- but many steps ahead!

User38

the deadline for all decisions as to colour, textures, packaging, etc. for this collection is November 30, 2010 -- give or take a day
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
iagree.gif
with everything you said. I still don't know what I will get for Fall. Does MAC make a year go around faster?
hmm.gif
At least to me, it seems like.
lol.gif

I got something I look forward to in next spring - The WW blushes!
cutey.gif

yep yep.. the Cosmetics industry goes hand in hand with the Fashion industry and both of these are ONE year ahead in planning and production of it's products. Fashion is even further ahead than Cosmetics
yes.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheels
Thank you for all the pics that you have posted so far... I'm sure this has been an extremely difficult time for you so I appreciate what you have posted for us
yes.gif

I hope you are hanging in there - stay strong
heart2.gif

Thank you so much Highheels, that is most kind of you
smiles.gif

I am trying and I will
yes.gif

kiss

Quote:

I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you and you are in my thoughts.
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you and you are in my thoughts.
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Same here, HerGreyness. I'm sending you hugs and keeping you in my thoughts, as well!
th_hug.gif

panther27

Quote:
yep yep.. the Cosmetics industry goes hand in hand with the Fashion industry and both of these are ONE year ahead in planning and production of it's products. Fashion is even further ahead than Cosmetics
yes.gif

Yep,in the fashion world,it's fall right now,summer is over.