MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

elegant-one

Hey Peeps - FREE shipping at Sephora $25 this weekend. code - SUPERSHIP

lmao.gif

liba

Hi everybody - I've been super busy and haven't been keeping up with this thread.

I only just got to see the whole collection yesterday and I'm sure you're all getting your things in the mail by now, so no need for me to go on about anything.

I just have to say I've finally been won over by these new pearlmattes. So much nicer than Vera or Lilly Land. They're very sheer, but have just enough color to balance out your skin tone and that finish is awesome - it's definitely a finish like the glorious Elude has. Veronica's Blush is like a sheerer, less white/more pink Elude, in fact. The Betty pearlmatte was too deep for me and could only be a blush on my skin tone, but on my MA's ruddy skin, it took away all his redness perfectly and he didn't look like he was wearing a stitch of makeup.

I also broke down and got the Veronica quad because those shadows are pigmented as all get out - one swipe and you are done, no need for a base to bring out the colors. I felt I only had one shadow in my collection that seemed like a dupe to something in the quad, so that made a difference for me too (I don't have too many matte or satin finish shadows, especially not purples). All the colors made my green eyes pop drastically so I fell in love.

I couldn't help but fall in love with Betty Bright - I compared it with Force of Love, Toxic Tale and Reel Sexy and it was most comparable to Reel Sexy - it's the pink version of Reel Sexy, I'd say, if I had to sum it up, but a touch less light. It wasn't too dissimilar to Force of Love, though FoL is quite a bit darker and a bit pinker.

Boyfriend Stealer is really sheer, but that gives a nice effect, especially when blotted. If you had wished Hot Chocolate had been more purple and less brown, you are going to love Boyfriend Steeler.

The bright coral Betty lipgloss is almost an exact match for Force of Love lipglass, without the very subtle shimmer.

Ronnie Red is very close to Absolute Power but brighter and a little lighter. It's a color like Love Goddess in that it really shifts from pink to red as the light source changes. It's less pink overall than LG, though. I would have skipped it but it blots down AMAZINGLY. It leaves the smoothest, richest stain you could want out of a blotted red lipstick. The stain was so gorgeous and even and perfect that I bought a tube, even though I have Absolute Power and Love Goddess. If you're trying to budget, you could probably skip it, unless you really love wearing blotted down reds.

Mall Madness is a fun color, because of the shimmer. I reserved it, but I may wind up passing on it. I don't really need any more pink glosses….that shimmer is lovely, though.

The pigments have me on the fence - they're kind of dry and very fine, so even more caution that usual is needed to prevent them getting all over your face. You must wear some sort of based under the pale green Betty or you will be a pastel green raccoon in 3 minutes. The dark teal was surprisingly nice and the teal showed up very clearly, but it looked better under the eye than all over the lid, where it was much harder to coax out the richness of the color. I do think the pastel pink Betty one is the winner of them all because it will be really great on the lips under gloss to add shimmer or pressed on top of pale pink lipsticks for an unusual texture effect, as well as used on the cheeks and eyes - it's the most multi-purpose.

2browneyes

So, I'm chatting away with ya'll this morning, & hubs says, we're going to the lodge for lunch & you have 2 min. to get ready.
icon_eek.gif
(its about 30 min. away) We were getting this really pretty snowfall today & the lodge is so great for the view in snow. So I did a really bold bold red lip using Bobbi Brown's new Heart ls (LOVE) Poised blush, which is so amazing paired with a very bold lipstick, light concealer & then I brushed the new Nars reflecting powder over my whole face & under eyes. So I check it in the car mirror in the natural lighting (which is where any crazy flaw shows) & wow I cannot say how much I love...no LOVE that reflecting powder. It gave the most flawless beautiful finish I have ever seen in all my stash of makeup products ever. And baby, thats a lot.
lol.gif
love.gif
Im sure you looked gorgeous! You should have posted a pic :)

Ana A

I just got a call from my mac pro store @ southcoast (Santa Ana, California) the girl said she could presell products and set them aside til unveiling day on the 5th...Thankfully I got everything I wanted online already...but maybe someone in here lives in the area and finds this helpful :)

kimibos

so i used the Heart code for one order but im trying to place a second one with the betty quad and the 249 brush. it tells me that i dont qualify for the code!? HELP PLEASE the chat is not available today :(

2browneyes

so i used the Heart code for one order but im trying to place a second one with the betty quad and the 249 brush. it tells me that i dont qualify for the code!? HELP PLEASE the chat is not available today :(
i think you have to add an s....hearts is the code i think....try that :)

Carolina Marie

is it just me or is it easier to go over budget when shopping online as opposed to going to the actual store? since i've been doing online shopping the past week i feel like i just keep adding and adding to the cart and in the actual store i only buy a few things at a time! haha

aaand i wish specktra had an app!

2browneyes

Read this:

http://cafemakeup.com/2013/02/02/nars-loose-translucent-crystal-setting-powder/

girlhaha.gif
Okay, okay Oh Mighty One...you've made your point. We will all storm on Sephora.com or break down the doors to the nearest store and purchase this powder.....at least I know I will :) Come Monday morning, I will be at the store making my purchase :)

elegant-one

Okay, okay Oh Mighty One...you've made your point. We will all storm on Sephora.com or break down the doors to the nearest store and purchase this powder.....at least I know I will :) Come Monday morning, I will be at the store making my purchase :)
rofl.gif
winkiss.gif

We'll all be blurred together
greengrin.gif

I'm such an old bat that I'll take all the blurring I can get
amuse.gif