MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

Medgal07

ssad.gif
No Nars! Well thats not right. Ahh
girlhaha.gif

rofl.gif
winkiss.gif

We'll all be blurred together
greengrin.gif

I'm such an old bat that I'll take all the blurring I can get
amuse.gif
nonono.gif
YOU"RE BEAUTIFUL
pretty.gif
curtsey.gif

elegant-one

I just have to say I've finally been won over by these new pearlmattes. So much nicer than Vera or Lilly Land. They're very sheer, but have just enough color to balance out your skin tone and that finish is awesome - it's definitely a finish like the glorious Elude has. Veronica's Blush is like a sheerer, less white/more pink Elude, in fact. The Betty pearlmatte was too deep for me and could only be a blush on my skin tone, but on my MA's ruddy skin, it took away all his redness perfectly and he didn't look like he was wearing a stitch of makeup.
icon_eek.gif
eyelove.gif
I was so happy to read this!!! Woo hoo girl!

Monday can't come soon enough. I've already warned hubs to not be alarmed when he sees how many black boxes show up this week
busted.gif

Prettypackages

Well, elegant-one, it's all your fault
cutey.gif
I wandered into sephora yesterday to get the NARS Bouthan e/s duo (two shades of pink) and the Corcovado Soft Touch Shadow Pencil (24 K gold) and ended up not getting either (i've got a lot of pink and a lot of gold eye stuff), but i DID pick up the new NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder compact.

It is elegantly packaged. There's a neat little soft black fabric - with the NARS logo woven in black - pouch that folds over and an attached black elastic to keep it shut. Inside are two pockets. In one is a moderately large NARS matte black rubber compact with a mirror in its lid and in the other is a very very thin white rectangular applicator.

I'm not sure if the compact going to work for me, though. I wear antioxidant serum and moisturizer, and as i am patting the powder onto my face the applicator picks up some of the skin care product, and when i put it back on the compact for more powder, there's some transfer. I'm concerned this could ruin the powder. I'm going to test it for a few more days, and if my fears are proven to be the case, i'll exchange it for the loose powder.

While i was in sephora a young woman kept sticking her fingers in the tester compact and swiping over and over, trying to get up a load of powder, and then looking at her fingers and not seeing much. I confess i butted in and explained to her it was meant to be sheer and colorless and just provide a soft diffused finish. She looked skeptical...
LMAO!!! I can imagine her thoughts...

Pretty Honeybee

Hi hunnies! Any suggestions where I can get a vanity mirror with lights? I'm lazy to go through all the options that pop up.. Been searching for months but would like some sites, stores etc.. Thanks :D

Odelia

I am very happy with my purchases <3 Flatter Me p/m is gorgeous! I also love the Caramel Sundae palette and how I don't have to worry about over pigmentation (!). I didn't go too bat crazy over this collection. Just 3 things. Pearlmatte, Eyeshadow quad + Brush Kit. I'm pleased with all :) Now to start saving for April's killer month of collections!

Prettypackages

Hi everybody - I've been super busy and haven't been keeping up with this thread.
been waiting on you (and a few others)

Caramel Sundae is back on my list.

I want the pearlmattes to work for me.

Liba has me SOLD head over heals on Boyfriend Stealer.

I also want Cream Soda.

So when it comes to eyeshadow application. What is the best way to apply sheer shadows? I'm not an expert and don't like the way she does most of her looks... but what is the correct way? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

fabulousmoolah

Hi hunnies! Any suggestions where I can get a vanity mirror with lights? I'm lazy to go through all the options that pop up.. Been searching for months but would like some sites, stores etc.. Thanks :D
http://www.specktra.net/t/159432/cheap-hollywood-style-mirror-made-with-stuff-from-ikea

I love this but Ikea doesn't sell the stuff online:(

cr8zy4MAC

I just ordered the loose iteration of this powder (elegant-one is quite the pusher---I mean enabler) for the exact reason you noted about the compact & cross contamination. That's pretty funny that the young woman was so perplexed about the powder tester compact. LOL
It does have quite the unusual feel to the powder. I work at Sephora. One of NARS reps had told me that they were hoping they would call the product "Rice Paper", since it has that unmistakable, soft texture.

Well, if you don't think the compact is working for you, Sephora is fabulous about returns.

BTW, I just got my YOTS package yesterday. Yippee!

Pretty Honeybee

http://www.specktra.net/t/159432/cheap-hollywood-style-mirror-made-with-stuff-from-ikea

I love this but Ikea doesn't sell the stuff online:(
Thanks for this info! Yeah, I was looking on their website earlier but didn't see anything for a mirror.. I also tried a site called vanitygirl.com I believ. Nice choices but looking for more styles. Well, actually I would like something that can be wall mounted as well as to rest on my dressing table if i choose.. Thanks again :)

peachsuns

Hi everybody - I've been super busy and haven't been keeping up with this thread.

I only just got to see the whole collection yesterday and I'm sure you're all getting your things in the mail by now, so no need for me to go on about anything.

I just have to say I've finally been won over by these new pearlmattes. So much nicer than Vera or Lilly Land. They're very sheer, but have just enough color to balance out your skin tone and that finish is awesome - it's definitely a finish like the glorious Elude has. Veronica's Blush is like a sheerer, less white/more pink Elude, in fact. The Betty pearlmatte was too deep for me and could only be a blush on my skin tone, but on my MA's ruddy skin, it took away all his redness perfectly and he didn't look like he was wearing a stitch of makeup.

I also broke down and got the Veronica quad because those shadows are pigmented as all get out - one swipe and you are done, no need for a base to bring out the colors. I felt I only had one shadow in my collection that seemed like a dupe to something in the quad, so that made a difference for me too (I don't have too many matte or satin finish shadows, especially not purples). All the colors made my green eyes pop drastically so I fell in love.

I couldn't help but fall in love with Betty Bright - I compared it with Force of Love, Toxic Tale and Reel Sexy and it was most comparable to Reel Sexy - it's the pink version of Reel Sexy, I'd say, if I had to sum it up, but a touch less light. It wasn't too dissimilar to Force of Love, though FoL is quite a bit darker and a bit pinker.

Boyfriend Stealer is really sheer, but that gives a nice effect, especially when blotted. If you had wished Hot Chocolate had been more purple and less brown, you are going to love Boyfriend Steeler.

The bright coral Betty lipgloss is almost an exact match for Force of Love lipglass, without the very subtle shimmer.

Ronnie Red is very close to Absolute Power but brighter and a little lighter. It's a color like Love Goddess in that it really shifts from pink to red as the light source changes. It's less pink overall than LG, though. I would have skipped it but it blots down AMAZINGLY. It leaves the smoothest, richest stain you could want out of a blotted red lipstick. The stain was so gorgeous and even and perfect that I bought a tube, even though I have Absolute Power and Love Goddess. If you're trying to budget, you could probably skip it, unless you really love wearing blotted down reds.

Mall Madness is a fun color, because of the shimmer. I reserved it, but I may wind up passing on it. I don't really need any more pink glosses….that shimmer is lovely, though.

The pigments have me on the fence - they're kind of dry and very fine, so even more caution that usual is needed to prevent them getting all over your face. You must wear some sort of based under the pale green Betty or you will be a pastel green raccoon in 3 minutes. The dark teal was surprisingly nice and the teal showed up very clearly, but it looked better under the eye than all over the lid, where it was much harder to coax out the richness of the color. I do think the pastel pink Betty one is the winner of them all because it will be really great on the lips under gloss to add shimmer or pressed on top of pale pink lipsticks for an unusual texture effect, as well as used on the cheeks and eyes - it's the most multi-purpose.
Thank you so much for anther helpful review, liba!
bouquet.gif

Now, I want Veronica's Blush pearlmatte, Veronica quad, and Betty Bright. (I've already ordered Ronnie Red. Specktra made me a red lipstick addict!)
greengrin.gif

Did you have a chance to see the blushes? Any thoughts?
amuse.gif

elkaknits

Elegant-one I have been TRYING to resist you and that reflecting powder. I even popped into that thread for a bit and made it out alive, but this post right here!
thud.gif

The only thing saving me is that I don't know how it does on my skintone
hmm.gif
OK so I ordered this one from Sephora weeks ago and they messed up my order sending me a pressed instead of loose. I went last weekend to exchange it but they did not have the loose yet so I walked out without it BUT while there the MUA was raving about it {they have a floor sample of the loose but none either pressed or loose for sale} because she said

FINALLY she has something good to put on WOC. Now I am NW 15 so cannot speak from experience but I am going to assume, since it is translucent, that it would work on most peeps

ladyarwen

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-strawberry-malt-lipglass-review-photos-swatches-archies-girls Screw it, I'm adding this one back to my list. It's a lot pinker than it looks in the tube, and I don't have any dark pink glosses.

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-feelin-so-good-lipglass-review-photos-swatches-archies-girls

Latest posts