MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

honey on boost

Happy New Years everyone!!

I went to my local store in Aventura and I received an invite to attend the event on the 15th. I can't wait!! Everything looks so cute.

lilinah

Is anyone else reminded of physicians formula face powders with the hearts in these. lol
In appearance a little, but...

I have 4 of those Happy Mood Booster thingies - Powder in "Translucent" and "Light Bronzer", and Blush in "Natural" and "Rose" - i got them during a 2 for 1 sale plus i had a coupon that further reduced the price. Besides the overwhelming "happy mood boosting" scent, they are egregiously shiny. I rarely wear them, and i LIKE sparkly shiny stuff.

I got both Pearlmattes with the Vera collection and they behave very nicely - they can be built up if one wants more of the color and pearl-y finish. They are quite usable.

I may want one of the two Pearlmattes in "Archie's Girls", but i'll need to see the colors in person. I have enough blushes, so if it isn't really special, i will try to resist the adorable-ness factor...

OctoberViolet

WISHING MY SPECKTRA FAMILY A HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2013!!!!
drinks.gif

Rinstar

lol.gif
Hey, that works for me
amuse.gif

I bought a pair of new Spring wedge shoes
sneaky.gif
I bought a few new tops yesterday and am contemplating the Chanel spring highlighter now. And I've already read everyone's love for it in the Chanel spring thread LOL, so that's not helping.

Jenrbelt

Happy New Year Specktrettes! I hope you are all safe, happy, surrounded by loved ones, and looking gorgeous! Just caught up on over 700 posts on this thread! So far Bright Betty is all that I am lemming (I'm so full of it...I won't be able to restrain myself when these products come in store, but acting like I will is part of the game!) Looking forward to seeing you around more, Richelle83! ForeverJenn...I love any makeup pic, bad lighting, good lighting, whatever! Just keep posting them! Naynadine...thank you for your dedication and super slueth work!

KiKi Kontour

The original Archie comics debuted in 1941 (i had to look that up) and aimed to create characters who were "ordinary kids" that real ordinary kids could relate to. I would say its original readership would have been tween - between 10 and 13 or 14 - and teen boys and girls. By the time i saw Archie Comics in the late 1950s and early 1960s, i think readers were probably mostly at tween girls and a few tween boys, since the content would have been considered too "mushy" by most boys.

So, yes, "Archie" is old-fashioned and, perhaps, child-like.

The characters were mostly high school kids (in the US ages 14-17), but included teachers, the school principal, parents, etc. The main characters were the red-headed Archie who had crushes on the blonde girl-next-door Betty and the brunette elegant and spoiled rich girl Veronica. His side-kick was the goofy Jughead, who wore a REAL felt beanie (not a knit cap). And his nemesis was the arrogant rich kid Reggie, who assumed that Veronica was his.

So "Archie's Girls" represents more innocent and optimistic days, when exchanging a kiss was a really big deal.
AAAAAH re-reading the history on this series i used to watch as a kid growin up reminds me of the good ol' days when Sat morning cartoons were worth lookin fwd to! dmn they dnt even have Sat morning cartoons anymore! kids are so deprived these days!! uh oh....i just mentioned i remember archie comics!! YIKES IM TELLIN MY AGE!!
busted.gif

MACupGrl

ARCHIE'S GIRLS PIC AND INFO! Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's a big shout out to Starling Bright. Thx girl