MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

Stylistic_x3

Hiii! I'm trying to catch up, I haven't followed many of MAC's collections religiously recently, but this one caught my attention.

Is there an official US release date for this yet? I'm searching through the pages & I'm not sure if I see one yet, or if I just overlooked it.

Thanks! xoxo
heart.gif

MACGirl13

Thank you so much, Naynadine! Betty Bright looks perfect! :eyelove: Thank you everyone for all the links and images! You guys are amazing! :bouquet: Luckily, I'm not expecting a big haul. I'll probably get Betty Bright and a brush set. Hope 167SE is a good brush. I would prefer 167SH, but we don't know when it'll come back, right? :p Hope we'll have a color story really soon!
I am a sucker for anything peachy/coral.

MACGirl13

Thank you, luvlydee and Audrey! I'll keep searching. I'll let you know if I need any help. :bouquet: Did you say coral? :drool: I love any coral/pinky red lipstick. :pp:
Hahaha. That is me drooling for coral. I am headed to my local Mac counter tomorrow to pick up my Amber Glow and most times the MA's will let me look through the book at upcoming collections. I will see what I can find out. Fingers crossed and toes too.

liba

Hahaha. That is me drooling for coral. I am headed to my local Mac counter tomorrow to pick up my Amber Glow and most times the MA's will let me look through the book at upcoming collections. I will see what I can find out. Fingers crossed and toes too.
'Not sure if the new book is even out yet. 'Hope you get some news.

I DO know my buddy's set to go to training the 3rd week of Jan. and we should be getting together to hang out that weekend, so I'll see what sort of tidbits I can scare up. I draw the line at copying color stories verbatim out of the book, but I know there are quite a few little mousies around who can snag that cheese out of the mouse trap for us!

MACGirl13

'Not sure if the new book is even out yet. 'Hope you get some news. I DO know my buddy's set to go to training the 3rd week of Jan. and we should be getting together to hang out that weekend, so I'll see what sort of tidbits I can scare up. I draw the line at copying color stories verbatim out of the book, but I know there are quite a few little mousies around who can snag that cheese out of the mouse trap for us!
Liba, you may be correct in that they have not been to training yet. I will ask and if they don't have any info to share, I am usually there once a week just to say hello and see how the MA's are doing. I will continue to follow-up. I work across the street from the high end mall here in Charlotte so I am at the mall several times a week. Sometimes, I go just to sit at the Mac counter and people watch.

duckrodeo

I'm not even a fan of Archie, but some of this stuff looks too cute to pass up
heart.gif

I'm really liking the look of the brush set and Betty Bright lipstick. I am not really digging the name "Daddy's Little Girl" and the lipstick looks too similar to Petals & Peacocks and Outrageously Fun, so since I'm not into the name of the lipstick overall I'm going to pass.

emzy

The peralmatte formula is relatively new to the line. The were first introduced in the MAC in Lillyland collection from 2010 with the MAC Pearlmatte Face Powder that was more of a bronzer/hilighter for warm medium tones. The Vera pearlmattes where definitely blush shades and the second time they were released. They are slightly dewy due to a shimmer section in all of them.

Is anyone else reminded of physicians formula face powders with the hearts in these. lol

martiangurll

Yes, Happy New Year's Eve everyone, and watch out for buying while intoxicated, we all need to save money for this collection. Just when I thought I was out, they bring me back in with those cute brush sets and piggies. I am wondering if the teal/green piggie we say is Sky Blue or a new, new one? Either way, I have not bought a new pigment since Daphne Guiness. Still a little peeved over the same price, much less product strategy...

Hmmm, what do you make up whizzes use that 167 for anyway? Do I need it?

I know everyone says the brush sets are inferior, but I have many of those plus brushes bought piecemeal here and there from various sets and I love every one of them. I like the short handles and the cuteness factor. Maybe a couple of them shed more than I'd like but it doesn't negate the cuteness or the great deal on getting several for a good price, at least IMHO

mallory1712

GOSH! I have not been on specktra since October, because I got sick of MAC releasing so many collections at once
nonono.gif
. I am so glad I decided to check back because this collection is AMAZING! I cannot wait to pick up almost everything...still debating on the brush set. I have loved Betty and Veronic comic since I was a little girl
th_thstars.gif

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll

Hmmm, what do you make up whizzes use that 167 for anyway? Do I need it?

I use mine for applying Forever Marilyn as an all-over face powder :)