MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

erine1881

i think this is going to come out at the same time as shop cook. im not shopping makeup in january. but i dont think a moth of no-buy is going to help me. i want a lottt from this collection. all the lipsticks except for the red and the beauty like one. as of now. ahhh we are in sooo muchhh trouble!! 
I've already posted multiple times that this will come out on either feb 7th, or (more likely) the 14th.

Yazmin

My wallet is already crying. I normally only buy lipsticks and blushes. But I'm considering the quads, both of them, and the pigments.... I need to go on a no buy until this collection comes out. Me too....no buy sounds good....we'll see how it works out lol
For me a no-buy is great...in theory. It's one I have yet to succeed in.

sss215

Found this on Instagram, in the bottom center is the tote, a heart shaped makeup case, and something else heart shaped. It all looks like wipeable white plastic which is great! I will be picking these up for sure!
500a8817_image.jpeg
Check out the photo in Instagram for clarity. My upload isn't great

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by sadiebaby781
Does anyone know if the brush set will be machine made (and not as good quality) like the holiday brush sets? Or handmade like the permanent brushes?

First, i will confess that i've never bought a MAC brush set, but i've tested some and have read quite a bit about them on-line.

Typically the small brush sets are machine made and not as good quality as the regular brushes. However, the quality of the brush sets seems to be variable. Some - if not as good as the regular brushes - are quite good and worth the investment for convenience and sometimes a glamour or cuteness factor. Others apparently are not so good.

It's hard to predict - or maybe i just don't know which brushes fare better using that process. Those Archie's Girls brushes sure look cute...

vaisforluvrs

Those aren't mirrors and makeup bags. Those are the pearlmatte powders. They come with a mirror in the lid.
We're talking about the heart shaped things on the tote bags. The pearl mattes aren't heart shaped, they're round. And that long heart shaped thing looks like a makeup bag with a zipper! Take a look at it again, and you'll see what we mean. Until there is an actual color story, we won't know what they are selling or when for that matter.

mousygiggles

We're talking about the heart shaped things on the tote bags. The pearl mattes aren't heart shaped, they're round. And that long heart shaped thing looks like a makeup bag with a zipper! Take a look at it again, and you'll see what we mean. Until there is an actual color story, we (or you!) won't know what they are selling or when for that matter.
I wonder if that is the bag for the brush set?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I guess it's a makeup bag, the bag/box for the brushes looks different in the Twitter pic we saw. So I think there's the tote, a makeup bag, a mirror and a brush set.

kimibos

I guess it's a makeup bag, the bag/box for the brushes looks different in the Twitter pic we saw. So I think there's the tote, a makeup bag, a mirror and a brush set.
i like the mirror. i dont think i would use the tote. i dont mind small brushes but i gave mine from glitter and ice to my mom. i dont think im going to get these.

sss215

Howdy!! The fall semester was a bit more taxing than I thought it would be so I kinda lurked majorly. I'm hoping Spring won't be as bad, but I should be back to posting more. 
Great to hear from you! Good luck in the spring semester!
First, i will confess that i've never bought a MAC brush set, but i've tested some and have read quite a bit about them on-line. Typically the small brush sets are machine made and not as good quality as the regular brushes. However, the quality of the brush sets seems to be variable. Some - if not as good as the regular brushes - are quite good and worth the investment for convenience and sometimes a glamour or cuteness factor. Others apparently are not so good. It's hard to predict - or maybe i just don't know which brushes fare better using that process. Those Archie's Girls brushes sure look cute...
I had a brush set from 1999 or 2000 or so and it came with: 316, 266,213,242, 224 and 129. The bristles were nothing like the full size 242. They looked and felt like straw and ended up coming out of the ferrule. I trashed it. The other brushes are still kicking around and aside from the ferrule coming off the handle of the 129, they are all fine. I love the bristles on the 129 and 224. They are not dyed black like the full size and SE bristles today. The bristles are mahogany brown and red black... They look amazingly natural and feel wonderful! The case they came in came apart and I tossed that as well. So that is my experience with SE brushes. I've never been convinced to grab another set. I tend to just travel with my full size brushes. I would like to grab a few SH brushes if they ever show up again.

erine1881

We're talking about the heart shaped things on the tote bags. The pearl mattes aren't heart shaped, they're round. And that long heart shaped thing looks like a makeup bag with a zipper! Take a look at it again, and you'll see what we mean. Until there is an actual color story, we won't know what they are selling or when for that matter.
My bad on the mirror/tote thing. I missed the picture that had those on there, so i edited my post. As for when it will launch, i actually DO know when.

Latest posts