MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

duckrodeo

I might get Entertain Me liner to pair with Sail La Vie, but it might be more of an impulse. Not really digging the PLW formula. I only own Red Dwarf and it's one of my high-maintenance lippies as far as application is concerned. Other than that, just BUs of Embrace Me. Not even tempted by Casual Color. Whew! Seems like a small MAC summer haul for me :)

jenntoz

I don't know if its a must or if it has any dupes(truthfully it most likely does) but it was the one thing I ordered, wanting to get Booyah! but I haven't seen enough swatches to convince me
Is there a dupe for You're Perfect Already? Is it a must?

Lisianthus

Yegads, I'm in sticker shock! There's a big jump in some of the prices in this collection. $19 Cdn for nailpolish, no thanks! This is a total skip for me. I'll have to be content that Beth Ditto still makes great music. If you haven't heard her new song Move in the Right Direction, check it out. It's pretty awesome!

Audrey C

Yegads, I'm in sticker shock! There's a big jump in some of the prices in this collection. $19 Cdn for nailpolish, no thanks! This is a total skip for me. I'll have to be content that Beth Ditto still makes great music. If you haven't heard her new song Move in the Right Direction, check it out. It's pretty awesome!
Same. Their nail polish is nowhere near the quality required to command that kind of price. I vastly prefer OPI and it's at most $10 (and frequently available on sale). $45 for Powder to the People. Are they on crack?

Genn

I ordered Love long distance and Beth mask. I may order your perfect already after i see how love long distance works for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have some Mac polishes that are very good, others that leave something to be desired. The problem is that brands like Essie and OPI are more reliable overall, have shades that aren't limited and are now half the price. I really think that Mac needs to look at its Canadian pricing strategy a little more. So far, nothing really grabs me from this collection. There are so many things I want from so many brands that I'm being really picky with the Mac launches.

aradhana

I have some Mac polishes that are very good, others that leave something to be desired. The problem is that brands like Essie and OPI are more reliable overall, have shades that aren't limited and are now half the price. I really think that Mac needs to look at its Canadian pricing strategy a little more. So far, nothing really grabs me from this collection. There are so many things I want from so many brands that I'm being really picky with the Mac launches.
not that they are alone out there, but i find one of the things that would make me choose a mac polish over an opi or essie (assuming same or similar shade) is the ingredients list. there are way too many polishes claiming to be 3-free, but actually still containing a some format of formaldehyde or phthalates...

Richelle83

Zoya has been my favorite polish brand for a good year and a half now I believe. Why bother paying basically double for MAC, never have a discount/bogo, or the opportunity to trade in less loved shades?

aradhana

Zoya has been my favorite polish brand for a good year and a half now I believe. Why bother paying basically double for MAC, never have a discount/bogo, or the opportunity to trade in less loved shades?
the finish on zoya sooooo excellent, even without a topcoat. sadly i don't know where to purchase these around here. i have a couple that i bought off ebay a couple of years ago, but i'd kind of like to be able to see the shades in person against my skin before i purchase.

i didn't realize you can trade in less-loved shades?

i've back-to mac-ed my vestral white from way back when and a couple of others, but i suppose you probably mean that they allow you to trade for another bottle of polish?

HoneyMilk

Dear Diary ls, Embrace Me ll, and Cherry ll (for red racer). I am very very happy to finally have EM. I need it for quick sizzle!

Richelle83

the finish on zoya sooooo excellent, even without a topcoat. sadly i don't know where to purchase these around here. i have a couple that i bought off ebay a couple of years ago, but i'd kind of like to be able to see the shades in person against my skin before i purchase.

i didn't realize you can trade in less-loved shades?

i've back-to mac-ed my vestral white from way back when and a couple of others, but i suppose you probably mean that they allow you to trade for another bottle of polish?
Ugh I completely forgot they don't ship internationally. Boo

But on April 22nd(my bday lol) they have an earth day recycle program. You send in the unwanted polishes and they send you new shades that you picked out. I believe you just pay for shipping or something, they changed the policy this year.

HoneyMilk

I've purchased over 70 Zoya since December. They are light years past the formula that MAC has. Prettier too, IMO.

annemariemakeup

I'm definitely skipping this collection... saving up for a small-ish haul of Heavenly Creature! July can't get here fast enough!!