MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

Thanks for the info. I grabbed love ling distance, dear diary, you're perfect already and the powder!! I'm excited. PS....Yes, Zoya is that darn good to buy 70 bottles. I'm loving all their polishes in a big way.

Thanks for the info. I grabbed love ling distance, dear diary, you're perfect already and the powder!! I'm excited. PS....Yes, Zoya is that darn good to buy 70 bottles. I'm loving all their polishes in a big way.

Mac-Guy

i got all lippiesexcept the dark one and the to the peeps powdah! but also i got 2 of the casual color and some staples of fine to avoid paying for shipping i HATE it

Hehehe, you have a store in walking distance = no shipping fee. :)

HoneyMilk

wow 70 bottles of zoya...how much was it may i ask? im a n/p hoe too!
Well I mostly buy when they have a promo... So around $350? It sounds like a lot like but it was multiple purchases. Same with Hey Sailor.. I've spent $350 on Mac this month (oops) but it didn't seem so bad because it was a $70 purchase here, $165, $35, etc! To be fair, I did limit myself on ED and BD collections because I knew I would want a lot from Hey Sailor.

PixieDancer

Didn't get hardly anything from this collection. Just YPA lippie and a BU of EM l/l. I passed on BM, which was originally on my list... Happy to have a smallish haul with HC in my future!

duckrodeo

Didn't get hardly anything from this collection. Just YPA lippie and a BU of EM l/l. I passed on BM, which was originally on my list... Happy to have a smallish haul with HC in my future!
Hmm, I was thinking of YPA lipstick...I'm still waiting to hear if there's anything similar out there. I got another Embrace Me liner, too! I was going to get Entertain Me, but I think I'll check out some NYX liners. I'm not sure how particularly unique of an orange liner it is. But I'm in love with Embrace Me so I had to stock up!

PixieDancer

Hmm, I was thinking of YPA lipstick...I'm still waiting to hear if there's anything similar out there. I got another Embrace Me liner, too! I was going to get Entertain Me, but I think I'll check out some NYX liners. I'm not sure how particularly unique of an orange liner it is. But I'm in love with Embrace Me so I had to stock up!
Yeah.. unless its super special and unique, I usually go for lip liners from cheaper brands. NYX and Rimmel are both excellent! I use Embrace Me all the time and haven't found anything quite like it, so I HAD to back it up. Lasting Sensation is about as orange as I think I'd want a lip liner to be anyways.
I'll let you know how I like YPA. It seems very dupable, but I'm still searching for the perfect Nude lipstick! I think HaLD from CC collection looks really close to YPA... So I'm holding off on HaLD until Shellcat let's me know how close they are!

pemily

I'm skipping it all.... I never use my grease paint sticks so I'm going to skip............

do you guys get pro on this neways?

singer82

I was on a no-buy till July but Dear Diary is just so pretty. I only have two lippies in the bright pink catagory and thats CYY & Party Parrot. I love them, but mattes just dont work well for me. I have tried every suggestion to get them to work. No matter what I do they end up drying and even getting crusty on my lips. When I wear them I have to constantly check if the mattes are holding up. So I dont wear them that much anymore. I feel I appear very vain (which I'm FAR from) looking in the mirror constantly to see how thier doing lol. I'm also thinking Love Long Distance. I'm a sucker for those kind of colors.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Christine started to put reviews up - the nps apparently aren't very good...
Too bad, I like all three colours, especially Life and Beth. At that price point the quality has to be there.
That confirms I'm skipping the whole collection.

Anneri

Too bad, I like all three colours, especially Life and Beth. At that price point the quality has to be there.
That confirms I'm skipping the whole collection.
Me too! And like you, I can't make up my mind about Casual Color. I'm going back and forth on this one...

bis

Me too! And like you, I can't make up my mind about Casual Color. I'm going back and forth on this one...
Those nail polish colours are always a bit tricky. I will skip Beth, the liner look nice, but from the pictures I have seen they are too thick to use as a liner and I do not need another base. Casual Colour is interesting, maybe I'll try one to see how I like them.

MRV

I have had the opposite than usual Mac nail polish experience. I bought Al Fredo from C3S3 and Play Day from Vera. T gave AF less that C+, but on me, it was one of the best np's I remember wearing! AF is very thin (I had to put 4 layers), but it was easy to work with otherwise and it held for days! 4-5 days with no major problems. Usually everything chips on me in 24 or 36 hours. Like I bought the whole Essie Poppy-razzi collection, beautiful colours, but first Camera chipped badly in 48 hours (had to remove) and this week Lights was even worse: chipped in less than 24 h and in 48h half of the polish had flown away!

However, I somehow seem to have a np addiction, too. Most of my hauls recently have been np's!? I might get the pink-purple and possibly also the yellow from this collection.

Audrey C

I've only had two MAC np but both got tossed. I'm personally unwilling to do any more than two coats of colour (other than base coat and top coat) and both MAC np I tried were quite streaky at two. The ones I had were thin enough that I could have done more, but I expect colour to be opaque or even after two coats. Otherwise the np gets segregated to the 'not worth the trouble' bin. I have a ton of OPI and never need a third coat.

Two coats (as well as wear, etc) is one of my personal criteria - obviously not everyone shares that view so people will have different perspectives.