Mac x Caitlyn Jenner (April 7, 2016)

beauteblogueur

What I meant was....is Caitlyn Jenner for real or is this a Kardashian publicity stunt? Maybe in a year or so when the attention dies down, she will say it was a mistake or something & go back to being a he. I've just never believed it was real.

She's had quite extensive feminizing facial surgery and breast augmentation. She's almostly certainly taking hormones. She could go back, but it's not like she'd ever be her old self again, she's had too much surgery.

If it was nothing but a publicity stunt, there's plenty of ways of creating a media storm without radically changing your body. Coming out as gay would have gotten her almost the same level of attention if they'd played it right. Pull a Woody Allen and pretend to have an affair with one of the Kardashian daughters. Pull a Donald Trump and run an insane political campaign (she was approached a lot in the past to run for various positions). Hell, come out as trans but don't actually have any of the surgeries...

If you look at old photo's, with hindsight you can see she started the process of transitioning a couple of times decades ago and then stopped. This was pre-Kris. If it's a stunt, it's been one hell of a long con.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Dont think that shade would go with my skin tone. I'm not too thrilled about Caitlynn. All those speeches made over the years and Bruce/Cait never supported those communities until it effected him directly. Never made speeches to the LGBT community or showed support. You dont need to be part of those communities to show them love. So I feel it's a little selfish to all of a sudden say this is your thing. There are other folks they could have gotten as a spokesperson.

HER. Caitlyn's pronouns are she/her. You can criticize her actions and her fam's but for ffs, do not misgender her.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm actually super upset that she accepted the role of Frank. I can't believe any transgender woman would take the role of a cross dressing man. That whole thing's gonna be a mess tbh I'm avoiding it lol. But I definitely think she would've been a better fit for a MAC collection!

Tim Curry in drag as Frank'n'Furter worked in 1975 when there was still ignorance about transgender issues and gender identity as a whole. In 2016, a cis man in that same part would not be acceptable. I think they did the right thing.

shellygrrl

Staff member
What I meant was....is Caitlyn Jenner for real or is this a Kardashian publicity stunt? Maybe in a year or so when the attention dies down, she will say it was a mistake or something & go back to being a he. I've just never believed it was real.

Gender transition and coming out as transgender are both Serious Business, and I seem to remember Caitlyn had said in her pre-transition interview that she originally wanted to transition YEARS ago. Decades, even. (Early 1980s, I think.)

I highly doubt a transgender person is lying about being transgender for attention. I don't have a lot of respect for that family but that's a little far.

:yes:

GreenEyedAllie

HER. Caitlyn's pronouns are she/her. You can criticize her actions and her fam's but for ffs, do not misgender her.

Tim Curry in drag as Frank'n'Furter worked in 1975 when there was still ignorance about transgender issues and gender identity as a whole. In 2016, a cis man in that same part would not be acceptable. I think they did the right thing.

Gender transition and coming out as transgender are both Serious Business, and I seem to remember Caitlyn had said in her pre-transition interview that she originally wanted to transition YEARS ago. Decades, even. (Early 1980s, I think.)

:yes:

Can I just say I think you rock?

ashley8119

Definitely a skip. I can't support somebody who says that the hardest part of being a woman is deciding what to wear. Never mind the fact that 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted by the time she reaches college graduate age. Caitlyn also said that people will take you less seriously as a trans woman if you look like "a man in a dress". Caitlyn does not look like a biological woman.

Also, Caitlyn has lots of money and most people don't have the funds to get multiple surgeries to appear more feminine. It's just disrespectful.. One of my childhood friends recently began transitioning from biological man to transgender woman, and she can't stand Caitlyn either.

Now if M.A.C would have chose somebody like Laverne Cox, I definitely would have been all over this shade. I find the K+J clan insufferable.

Marsha Pomells

^^^^^This! Won't rehash the many well stated sentiments. This may backfire on MAC. Any one remember the throw down over the Rodarte x MAC collection that eventually got cancelled? Jenner is def a polarizing public figure.

I wasn't really into MAC at that time. I did read up about it this morning, and fair dos it was very insensitive. MAC did the right thing in cancelling that collection.

stirfryedshana

I don't know, it's not a decision I agree with personally. It didn't have to be a cis man playing the role but casting a trans woman just seems inherently wrong. It just kind of perpetuates the uneducated "trans women are men in drag" stereotype which is really unfortunate. Plus I mean...it's a huge point of the movie that he's actually a man. I think the whole thing's gonna be a mess anyway and I don't know who thought it was a good idea to remake it lol! I actually could see Laverne playing Magenta, that would've been a good role for her!

stirfryedshana

Something everyone needs to remember, thank you. You can think whatever of her and her family, but her pronouns are she/her and her name is Caitlyn. You don't have to agree with her as a person to respect that.

montREALady

I used to always watch the Kardashians but slowed down in recent years. Bruce was never keen on all of it, the publicity, their antics, none. Then he and the money-hungry Kris split, there was a little mystery then speculation for a bit, then he became Caitlyn to the world. I haven't been following the whole Caitlyn part extensively, I've watched her show maybe once, then read/saw the award controversies, the Vanity Fair interview, etc. But it would be so sad that as Bruce he wasn't for half the stunts they tried to pull but then now as Caitlyn she is. I get that she is trying to open up the world's eyes to transgender people and using her position as a platform... but suddenly turning into Kris as soon as he became a woman would be disgusting. I guess that's what it's looking like? :(

On another note, a lot of the times it's their (celebs) managers, PR, etc, who sort of push them along telling them what they should be doing and they're not always comfortable but then they trust them. Then later on they snap out of it and try to reclaim themselves.

verorl

But it would be so sad that as Bruce he wasn't for half the stunts they tried to pull but then now as Caitlyn she is. I get that she is trying to open up the world's eyes to transgender people and using her position as a platform... but suddenly turning into Kris as soon as he became a woman would be disgusting. I guess that's what it's looking like? :(

This is precisely why I don't like her. Bruce wasn't up for it, but Caitlyn is eating it up and wants the world to see it... She did learn from Kris after all.

I have said it before and will say it again, this transition could have been handled a lot differently, and with a lot more respect. Instead they turned it into a media circus. If I was transgendered, I would not want Caitlyn Jenner to be the face of my community. And sadly, people will immediately think CAITLYN when they hear "transgender".

SleepingBeauty

The reckless vehicular manslaughter is a bit of a turn off as well.

That was the thing that pissed me off the most! Back in the day, when she was Bruce, she caused the death of a person and you don't hear anything about it at all. From what I understand, no criminal charges were pressed. Seriously, what's that about? :mad:

I like the colour but it's probably dupeable. Not sure if I will buy this because of her being the spokesperson. While I don't hate the Kardashians (I'm really contemplating whether to get one of Kylie's lipkits :loser:) I can't stand Caitlyn very much. The media made such a big fuss about her transition, it's ridiculous. And what's even more ridiculous is the fact that she was named 'Person of the Year' or something by various magazines and stuff. There are a lot of people who deserve this more than her. Oh well.

ma146rina

I need a new nude and I support the cause. Allthough I may not like the Kardashian family you can't deny that Caitlyn raised a lot of attention for the cause. You can say that there are other people who deserve this more but fact is that everybody now knows who Caitlyn is. If you know who Andrej Pejic, Valentijn de Hingh, Loiza Lamers, Geena Rocero, Carmen Carrera and a lot of others are, good for you. But go to a mall in a subburb and ask a girl or woman who has nothing to do with the cause if they know them and they won't. Ask them if they know who Caitlyn is and they will.

You can't deny she brings attention to the cause in a way the world has never seen before. That is not only good from a marketing point of view but it is also great for the cause. So I will support her, I hope she will sell a boatload of lipstick and I hope that there will be a next time for another transgender model with her own lipstick. If it was up to me, they could do this every year and I will buy that lipstick for the cause and not just for the spokesperson.
2 thumbs up!!
I know a lot of people don't like her but i think she brought a lot of deserving attention to the cause.
If people didn't like Caitlyn and the Kardashians they would not be that famous and rich.Why blaming them and not the people who made them who they are?

Prettypackages

I'm surprised more women are not up in arms over some of the comments she has made about being a woman. she simplifies it and belittles it to wearing makeup and pretty clothes.

flowerflower

Has anyone here heard of Laura Jane Grace? She is a transgendered woman that is the head of a punk band called Against Me. She is very well-spoken in interviews and is not fame-whoring in the least. She would have been a better choice.

Honi

The color is pretty but not particularly unique. I don't follow the kardashians at all since they don't seem to strike my fancy. It's a good cause though so I'll consider it.

Sweetyellow

I thought I commented in this thread but when I went to post my reply, I got a weird pop-up saying that my post needed to be "approved by a moderator". Is this something new?

Either way, I was just mentioning that this color reminds me a lot of Yield To Love from the A Novel Romance collection. I bet they will be very similar. I have that color so I'll be passing on this one.

Myth

I used to always watch the Kardashians but slowed down in recent years. Bruce was never keen on all of it, the publicity, their antics, none. Then he and the money-hungry Kris split, there was a little mystery then speculation for a bit, then he became Caitlyn to the world. I haven't been following the whole Caitlyn part extensively, I've watched her show maybe once, then read/saw the award controversies, the Vanity Fair interview, etc. But it would be so sad that as Bruce he wasn't for half the stunts they tried to pull but then now as Caitlyn she is. I get that she is trying to open up the world's eyes to transgender people and using her position as a platform... but suddenly turning into Kris as soon as he became a woman would be disgusting. I guess that's what it's looking like? :(

On another note, a lot of the times it's their (celebs) managers, PR, etc, who sort of push them along telling them what they should be doing and they're not always comfortable but then they trust them. Then later on they snap out of it and try to reclaim themselves.
The few KUWTK eps I saw Bruce just wanted to play with his toy helicopters lol, he was not the schemer Kris is. I respect him because he earned his fame from becoming an Olympic champion, not from making a sex tape. Personally I think he is a cross dresser and may regret transitioning past that.

Since the proceeds of the lipsticks go to a good cause I would buy it if it were matte lol

Marsha Pomells

The color is pretty but not particularly unique. I don't follow the kardashians at all since they don't seem to strike my fancy. It's a good cause though so I'll consider it.

I don't think they strike 85% of the active members of this website... I could be wrong on the figure....

Latest posts