Mac x Caitlyn Jenner (April 7, 2016)

soco210

Does the lipstick have Caitlyn's name anywhere on it?

Hoping it doesn't. Then maaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyybe I would buy it. I love the color, and it is a good cause. I just don't want her name on my lipstick.

The PR sample I got does not have her name on the box or the actual lipstick and packaging. If you just saw the tube and box you'd never know it was Caitlyn Jenner. From the other images floating around I'm pretty certain this will not have any kind of special packaging.

verorl

Yay then! I was so intent on not supporting *her*, as I cannot stand that family, but that color won me over. It is the kind of color I use up over and over again.

soco210

Yay then! I was so intent on not supporting *her*, as I cannot stand that family, but that color won me over. It is the kind of color I use up over and over again.

I'm not a fan of the family either =( The lipstick is gorgeous, though!

bluelitzer

It's a sure skip for me. The color seems a little darker than the perfect pink I already have. I kind of rather get a backup of that Ellie Goulding lipstick (which has the same finish as this + special packaging!) and call it a day.

GreenEyedAllie

thanks! FF almost seems like a creamsheen version of So Select lol

It really does! I almost wonder if they were originally doing a matte, but maybe she didn't like it, and so they used it as their first Select perk. And this, my make up conspiracy theory! :D

NATlar

I love the shade of this lipstick I will be getting it but I wish it was either a Satin or Matte :(

lyseD

We didn't get So Select in Canada so I hope it is.

Mine is arriving today, I'll post swatches when I get back from the Sephora sale. :devil:

lilinah

It's unbelievable that Caitlyn Jenner supports politicians who are publicly very anti-transgender people and trans rights. She just makes no sense. But i guess the Kardashian-Jenners have always been all about publicity and not about sense.

Seriously, MAC could have picked a better spokesperson for the trans community.

As for the color, it looks way too warm for me, so it's a skip for that reason.

Corally

I'm going to skip this after all, it's a bit too rosy for my liking. Rather save the $$ for Vibe Tribe.

GreenEyedAllie

Finally Free top, So Select bottom. FF is pinker, lighter, and more shiny/creamy. SS is darker and more brown. Natural light by window and artificial light. Very wearable, but I would imagine very dupable also. I like it but could have passed. But still very happy to support the cause.

image.jpeg

montREALady

I hoped there would be more swatches on here. Did it not fly off the shelves?

Not sure why it would fly off the shelves tbh...aside from the cause, the color isn't anything unique and it's Cremesheen. I personally discovered that I like that finish but unless it's matte and limited w/special packaging, things don't sell out with MAC anymore, actually Evening Rendezvous is probably still there! Plus people hear the name Jenner nowadays and go running. Not even sure if I'll get it yet.

dash4

I am not a big fan of the family, but I certainly support the cause.. I just do not care for the shade for my skin tone, so I will be passing. I do really love the name of the lipstick though.. it was perfectly named.

leonah

Finally Free top, So Select bottom. FF is pinker, lighter, and more shiny/creamy. SS is darker and more brown. Natural light by window and artificial light. Very wearable, but I would imagine very dupable also. I like it but could have passed. But still very happy to support the cause.

View attachment 53553

FF is cute but looks a lot like cosmo or fast play and those kind of similar colors. but maybe I will get it for the cause if it makes its way over here. daang I love SS it's perfect *crying*

Latest posts