MAC x Disney Aladdin (May 16, 2019)

elegant-one

I got & love Princess Incognito & Friend Like Me. FLM is a very pale pink beige fleshy nude but with enough pigment that it doesn't look crazy on. I love it done sheerly. PI is a slight pinky rose warm terracotta shade. That is all I bought. The tubes are pretty.

Seven Of Nine

I got & love Princess Incognito & Friend Like Me. FLM is a very pale pink beige fleshy nude but with enough pigment that it doesn't look crazy on. I love it done sheerly. PI is a slight pinky rose warm terracotta shade. That is all I bought. The tubes are pretty.

I want PI too and yet Rajah, quad Jasmine. And maybe Brronzing Powder, but I don't know - It may be too dark for me, hmmm...:rolleyes:

ramarose

DEF905EC-3D1C-4322-92E4-BDFFB70AE18B.jpeg Not sure why everyone is concerned about the highlighter? NW15 and it looks pretty and golden on me ?? I feel it would work with most skintones

Mac-Guy

I got the advance e-mail, but when i looked at the whole collection i went, "Enh". The only thing that doesn't look like something i already have - or that i don't want since i'm not a bronzer girl - is the eyeshadow palette. But i haven't seen enough swatches to decide.

I've been cheating on MAC and getting stuff from other brands. Lipsticks from Melt and Coloured Raine. And several e/s palettes because they were so cheap and on sale. For some reason, i went for really bright palettes, rather like the MAC Art one. i haven't even tried them on yet. I need to see if they irritate my eyes like Wet'n'Wild shadows, which are unwearable for me - make my eyes feel like they're on fire. But for $12 on sale, i figured i'd take a chance.

So, if anyone gets the Jasmine 9X eyeshadow palette, i am eager to see your swatches.

I got it, but sent it back. I have no swatches, apologies.

Seven Of Nine

Not sure why everyone is concerned about the highlighter? NW15 and it looks pretty and golden on me ?? I feel it would work with most skintones

In my opinion, this highlighter is too dark for fair skin tones and too yellow/gold. It works good with olive tones.

Monsy

View attachment 66180 Not sure why everyone is concerned about the highlighter? NW15 and it looks pretty and golden on me ?? I feel it would work with most skintones

sorry i have to disagree

HL should be somewhat lighter, brighter than your skin tone. I think it is pretty BUT definitely more for medium/darker skin tones and especially warmer ones like someone mentioned. i love bronze/golden shades but i do not think this particular one compliments nw15

shellygrrl

Staff member
View attachment 66180 Not sure why everyone is concerned about the highlighter? NW15 and it looks pretty and golden on me ?? I feel it would work with most skintones

I agree with Monsy and Seven of Nine. That's not a highlight on you; it's better suited for NC25-35 depth skintones (either yellow/golden or olive undertones). A pale rosy champagne would work better on you.

ramarose

sorry i have to disagree

HL should be somewhat lighter, brighter than your skin tone. I think it is pretty BUT definitely more for medium/darker skin tones and especially warmer ones like someone mentioned. i love bronze/golden shades but i do not think this particular one compliments nw15

Ehhh agree to disagree. I like it on myself applied lightly. Definitely could build it up more when I have a tan though. It reminds me of Prosecco pop from the Jaclyn hill face palette

shadowaddict

that is prettier than i expected

The colors in the palette are pretty. However, I used it today & was not happy with the quality. I found too many colors were either dry & dusty or lots of fallout. I used UD primer. Perhaps my expectations were too high and/or my patience lacking. That's my opinion anyway. Others may feel quite different about it.

Mac-Guy

The colors in the palette are pretty. However, I used it today & was not happy with the quality. I found too many colors were either dry & dusty or lots of fallout. I used UD primer. Perhaps my expectations were too high and/or my patience lacking. That's my opinion anyway. Others may feel quite different about it.

I am glad I sent mine back.

Seven Of Nine

I will say that I am very surprised by the Aladdin collection :rolleyes:
Literally, I like everything and everything is great in make-up :cool:

leonah

I am glad I sent mine back.

I returned mine as well although I didn't have the chance to swatch it (can't return it here if it's used). I just felt like I had tons of dupes for them already so I bought the melt gemini palette and smoke sessions instead :rolleyes:

Mac-Guy

I returned mine as well although I didn't have the chance to swatch it (can't return it here if it's used). I just felt like I had tons of dupes for them already so I bought the melt gemini palette and smoke sessions instead :rolleyes:

Same here and exactly the same reasons.

Seven Of Nine

I have a lot of eye shadow palettes :D But with Princess Jasmine I am very happy and I don't regret that I bought her :rolleyes:

Kaidan

Ehhh agree to disagree. I like it on myself applied lightly. Definitely could build it up more when I have a tan though. It reminds me of Prosecco pop from the Jaclyn hill face palette
That's the reason why I didn't buy it. Btw, the highlighter looks nice on you.

I got Friend Like Me and Rajah lipsticks. Usually I don't go for colors like Rajah but it looked very stunning and bold. I was tempted by A Whole New World but I have way too many similar colors and I'm trying to not "repeat" shades. Friend Like Me is such a lovely mauvey/pink nude lipstick, I couldn't resist.

Latest posts