MAC x Mariah Carey (December 8, 2016)

fur4elise

My PLLP in So Dramatique just shipped!

I think MAC is a little backed up with orders due to having the 25% off sale right before the release of the collection (I just got a shipping confirmation today for an order that I placed during the sale), however, I think having placed orders on Monday, one of which haven't even shipped yet is a little ridiculous. I don't mind the wait, but overall, my experience this year with a couple of online retailers' sales this holiday season in regards to shipping has been slower, in my opinion, than in previous years. I don't know if they had a major increase in sales and traffic on their websites between this year and last year but I hope they are able to ship more quickly than they have been as of late. I don't mind waiting a few days but when you start approaching close to a week and an order hasn't shipped for an in stock item, it gets a little frustrating.

I received cash back from Ebates for all of my orders that have shipped from this collection so far except for TMB Loose Powder. I hope it shows up within the next few days because after what I spent on this collection, I need every penny I can get back in cash back, lol.

I didn't really read much through this thread until now but I hope you ladies are feeling better these days! I know retail therapy doesn't completely resolve everything but I hope that it and the ladies messages here have brought some smiles to your faces! :)

My Ebates for this was just posted this morning. About the same time I got notification it shipped. ;)

SRenee12

Am I right that the EDSF was online only just for MAC? Or might it be online at Nordies Macy's, etc? Does anyone know when this is going for sale on the department store's web sites?

It will be at Dillards for sure. I was able to purchase early during their VIP night. So I'm assuming all dept stores if one received!

stirfryedshana

Mine finally sent out and I won't get it until monday uuuugh...all I ordered was one lipstick, and I ordered it on the 5th. Hopefully they'll get caught up with their shipping soon.

cocofiere

I did a chat to see why my order from Monday was still processing. Apparently, it was my gift wrap choice, since each item is wrapped individually. She did confirm that I'm getting all my stuff so I'll just practice patience. This is the first time that I've had to wait over 2 days for a MAC order so I freaked out a little.??????

leonah

do you guys like the EDSF or the loose powder more? I'm contemplating trying to get one of them but more towards the loose powder but I don't want chunky glitter so please advice :)

filio

Just picked up edsf my mimi its a pretty compact but the skinfinish is soo glitery compared to other skinfinishes it fits mariah I guess... I used it on my eyes aswell it looked so pretty as an eyeshadow.

The price in the nerherlands was 35 euros cheaper than america didn't expect that and its a gram more than usual the price hike was just 55 cents compared to the regulair 9 grams edsf.

dcarrington

After Mac ships my backordered TMB powder. I will only need lit over 60 bucks to make it to obsessed. According to CS, as of now, once the the new year begins, my points will reset to zero and I will have to start the process all over again. Is this the same info everyone received about the select program? I am basically going to make a purchase to get to obsessed before the year end. I would hate to know I came so freakin close but didnt make it in time. Most likely I am going to search the bottom of all my bags in search of enough cash to get either my mimi or the palletes.

montREALady

My order from Monday just shipped, Sweet Sweet Fantasy. I get it next Tuesday, exactly like if I placed it yesterday :rolleyes: I thought I'd have it by now but forgot they usually go nuts during the holiday. Just waitinf for Butterfly Bling to ship.

Tarabotti

What does this mean for Selena- no early access for Obsessed/Devoted members? We have to take our chances with the general release?

Having early access is a nice perk- it sure came in handy for this collection.

montREALady

After Mac ships my backordered TMB powder. I will only need lit over 60 bucks to make it to obsessed. According to CS, as of now, once the the new year begins, my points will reset to zero and I will have to start the process all over again. Is this the same info everyone received about the select program? I am basically going to make a purchase to get to obsessed before the year end. I would hate to know I came so freakin close but didnt make it in time. Most likely I am going to search the bottom of all my bags in search of enough cash to get either my mimi or the palletes.

I think it's dumb. At least Sephora gives you a chance to enjoy your perks.

montREALady

I was supposed to look into this. That's ridiculous. At least Sephora gives you a chance to enjoy your benefits. I only got to Devoted in the summer!

duckrodeo

My Monday order shipped. Yay! And Sweet Sweet Fantasy Blush. Just waiting for the body powder and Mimi order to ship and the eyeshadow quad. The backordered 239 will appear within two weeks, customer service said.

Side note: Somehow Ebates didn't log my visits for yesterday's waiting room. Once those orders ship I will submit a request for the reimbursement as I had the Ebates browser on my phone open during the whole checkout process.

This launch put me in Obsessed status, but TrendMood's IG account said that in January, everyone's status will drop one tier (Obsessed at 2016 drops down to Devoted in 2017, Devoted in 2016 drops to Seduced in 2017). So kind of a bummer I don't have much time to enjoy the complimentary two-day shipping. I never say never but it seems unlikely I'll order more before the year's end.

Last edited:

beautycool

Just seen everywhere sold out on the body powder . It looks lovely
launch in the uk shops is Monday for this collection shame as I won't be able to get anywhere
anyone from uk have the body type powder ??
Noriced sold out online when did it launch on U.K. Mac website ? I always miss out :( lol teaches me not to stalk I not been on here in ages hope your all ok ladies in the uk and across the pond xx girlies

Mac-Guy

I wouldn't be surprised if MAC resets the tiers. Otherwise, everybody will end up in the highest tier at some point. From a marketing point of view, it is a clever move as it encourages customers to spend a lot of $$$ early during the year to get early access.

SerenLuv

I Just did a chat with MAC regarding tier status reset for 2017. Here is what I got. Confusing.

Beverly: I am currently at obsessed level, having spent over $1000 in 2016. In January 2017, is it true that I will drop a level to Devoted or will I have to start at seduced again?

Beverly: Hello?
Warren: Hello Beverly
Warren: I apologize for that wait
Warren: I regret to inform you that after your first year of being a MAC Select member, your Tier status will be reset on your anniversary date.
Beverly: So, it will be reset from Obsessed to seduced on the anniversary of my signing up for the select program?
Warren: Yes
Warren: You will be able to keep your Tier status on your first Anniversary but it will be reset every anniversary after.

Latest posts