MAC x Pedro Lourenço (June 5, 2014)

Mac-Guy

You could say I'm biased in favor of MAC and you wouldn't be totally wrong….
whistle.gif

BUT, I didn't go into looking at that duo with the attitude of expecting it to be some heavily pigmented blush (or any attitude at all). MAC just plays around with textures and finishes so constantly, I don't look forward to consistency. I think "OK what new craziness are they coming up with today?" That's what I like about the brand. I could see some others be annoyed that every time they buy a new blush, the finish is new and different.

I'm 100% all for sheer, light, easy to deal with textures that look effortlessly natural and can help me use fewer products overall, so that's another reason I'm open minded. I'd say this blush wouldn't look right on top of full coverage foundation and then with highlighter and finishing powder on top - it'd just get buried under all that other stuff. It's so much for grab-and-go simplicity. So it depends on your personal makeup needs!

You have the perfect coloring for it, too! I think this blush is one of those colors that'd be particularly nice on redheads and redhead-attitude types ;) Perfect for laying a light wash over cute freckles!
Well said, liba. Sadly, one-trick blogger ponies don't understand the subtleties of different products. If you only know one way of how to apply [insert random product here], for sure you will be disappointed with every collection. Funny thing is that those bloggers keep buying MAC, although they apparently hate it. Who on earth would continue to purchase brand x or y if they end up with products that they hate?! Oh wait a moment.... reviewing MAC collections is the big money maker on those blogs. No MAC, no blog revenue. Just saying... @HerGreyness
drinks.gif

sosandie

I'm sorry, I'm afraid it won't work for you. Too light. Too subtle. Hold on, there will be better blushes for you in the near future.
Thank you! I figured that but I'm a sucker for packaging. And I'm trying to not accumulate stuff I can't use.

MACina

Well said, liba. Sadly, one-trick blogger ponies don't understand the subtleties of different products. If you only know one way of how to apply [insert random product here], for sure you will be disappointed with every collection. Funny thing is that those bloggers keep buying MAC, although they apparently hate it. Who on earth would continue to purchase brand x or y if they end up with products that they hate?! Oh wait a moment.... reviewing MAC collections is the big money maker on those blogs. No MAC, no blog revenue. Just saying... @HerGreyness
drinks.gif

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iagree.gif

I wouldn' t spend a penny or even any attention to a brand anymore which had me disappointed over and over again.

But you are soooooo right about the "money maker point"!!!!!

Dolly Snow

I'm better finally got rid of the cold but dealing with allergies. I know it's hard dealing with family issues along with death, my thoughts and prayers are with u hun. I've been where u are hugs.
I hate allergies. But I am glad you got over being sick though. I am trying and doing my best to be strong. But its so difficult my grandmother lived on my aunts property which is now my cousins after my aunts death.

jennyap

I did! I was originally going to get married in Chicago in April, but I just got a new job where the insurance doesn't start for a few months. Since I have migraines and other health issues, I can't be without. So we just had a quick wedding at the courthouse. I was still beautiful and wonderful. We will have the official celebration as planned on April 1st in Chicago. :)
Don't know how I missed this before, congratulations!!

sosandie

I hate allergies. But I am glad you got over being sick though. I am trying and doing my best to be strong. But its so difficult my grandmother lived on my aunts property which is now my cousins after my aunts death.[/quot Aww Dolly be strong hun.

rockin

Thanks everyone! I want to layer these lipglasses over ALL THE THINGS but I am also scared of using it up. Anyone else just hoard makeup and not use it for fear of running out? lol

That's exactly what I do LOL. I really wish they would make more things permanent, so that I know I can buy them again if I use them up. I have to buy online, and don't want to buy 2 or more of something only to find a particularly colour doesn't really suit me.

rockin

Is it my imagination, or is @singer82 looking younger and younger?

@MandyVanHook your skin looks so flawless, and I'm jealous of how well you wing your eyeliner. As I've got older I've now got hooded eyelids, which makes wings very difficult to do. I used to love winging my eyeliner as I love 1950s makeup style and am a Teddy Girl/Rockabilly.

jennyap

Does anyone know for sure if this will/won't be releasing in the UK? Thought it was but now I'm starting to doubt it and I really want those glosses!

awickedshape

For whoever is interested, a Nordstrom Beauty Stylist had said in a live chat that the online launch would be on the 2nd