MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sss215

Is Nikki Minaj not considered an African American? *black stare*
Lol, she is more of a spokesmodel for MAC as opposed to inspiring a whole collection I wonder who MAC is going to pick for VG next year. Who's bigger than Nicki, can't be Rihanna, because they are using her now. Hmmmmm Kerry Washington would be cool. I'm still secretly wishing for Miley and her short platnium blond tho

Lipstickdiva420

It was said that with the first launch there will be no pro discount but with the other launches the pro discount should apply.... either way Im still getting this lippie the first time around with or without the discount :haha:
there is suppose to be a pro doscount with the other releases with the special packaging?

luvlydee

I'm still secretly wishing for Miley and her short platnium blond tho

it would have to be someone who appeals to the gay community also i would think. Maybe Katy Perry? Beyonce? Beyonce seems to be around a lot this year lately (super bowl, many mag covers) so maybe it could be her

Ashleybubbles83

Beyonce would be good but I think hers would be crazy expensive to the point that she should just come up with her own makeup brand. I think I'd like to see a collaboration with MAC and celebrity makeup artists...something similar to the Bloggers collection.

Carolina Marie

the swatch of riri woo looks kind of like ronnie red, hopefully its just the lighting!

I really hope its this shade of red that rihanna is wearing in the pic :)

Carolina Marie

Ok that does not look like ririwoo or am i bugging? Maybe thats talk that talk? From the summer launch?
no the swatch looks like a bright red, but the press release pics they had of the collection looked like it could be this color. I'm just hoping this is one of the colors in the collection because I love it!!
eyelove.gif

shontay07108

Ok that does not look like ririwoo or am i bugging? Maybe thats talk that talk? From the summer launch?
That doesn't look like Riri Woo or Talk That Talk. I was led to believe TTT was a plum color. The color in this pic is a dark red. Actually, I'd love a red in this shade because the color she's wearing in the other pic, you can find anywhere and I own several similar shades myself. Also, I don't think Beyonce would do anything w/ Mac b/c she has L'oreal. I don't think that if she did collaborate with Mac that the price point would be ridiculous. It is Mac, after all. I keep saying it, but I wish some beauty brand would collaborate w/ Betsey Johnson. Come on Mac!

Beautybuyer

Is Nikki Minaj not considered an African American? *black stare*
Lol honestly I've seen people argue over her being black... Yeah..... Lol! People never consider me black because I was blessed with that white hair lol I always get called Indian..w.e lol BACK TO TOPIC This wait for the release is agonizing

Beautybuyer

I agree with her not collaborating. Mac is Estée Lauder and loreal is like their biggest competitor. It seems like anything Estée doesn't own L'oreal does
That doesn't look like Riri Woo or Talk That Talk. I was led to believe TTT was a plum color. The color in this pic is a dark red. Actually, I'd love a red in this shade because the color she's wearing in the other pic, you can find anywhere and I own several similar shades myself. Also, I don't think Beyonce would do anything w/ Mac b/c she has L'oreal. I don't think that if she did collaborate with Mac that the price point would be ridiculous. It is Mac, after all. I keep saying it, but I wish some beauty brand would collaborate w/ Betsey Johnson. Come on Mac!

kimbunney

It sucks because I'd love to see Beyonce on Viva Glam. I don't know if this is the same but Drew Barrymore is on Covergirl and she has her own cosmetics line now so maybe it can be possible lol.
I keep saying it, but I wish some beauty brand would collaborate w/ Betsey Johnson. Come on Mac!

MissBeautyBunni

Hubby has a full belly and taking his nap while I'm all clean, dressed for bed and ready to stalkkkk!!! Y'all better do what needs to be done now to stalk properly lol

sss215

I would love Bey for VG but yeah, she's been tied up in Loreal forever, lol I understand about selecting a gay icon, but awareness is awareness, so I would want MAC to just pick the hot it girl and call it a day. Or do the hot it girl and a legend, like Cyndi and Gaga. The lipstick in the photo reminds me of Prince Noir.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by OctoberViolet
Well, I was naughty. Just ordered the two new purple lipsticks from the Illamasqua Paranormal Collection.
th_crazy2.gif
My addiction to purple lippies is off the chain, but I couldn't resist.

OMG! OMG! Must have... must have!

This will not stop me, mind you all, from buying the Melt purple lipstick and any other purple lipsticks that will be coming out by MAC or any other company. Someone stop me!!! Please!!!! My purple addiction is going to bankrupt me.
th_wallbash.gif

Your pain is my pain :) My purple lipstick and gloss box is about to explode. I had to do some rearranging to get everything to fit after i got all three Heroine products (and all lip liners are "floating" on top). I just know i cannot possibly squeeze in one more stick or gloss.

The box with corals and peaches, however, also has brown, copper, green and blue lip products, and plenty of room for more. The box with black, grey, white, pearl, silver, gold, nude, pink, and red products still has some room, too.

One more violet/purple lip product and i'm gonna have to rearrange ALL my lip stuff... and there are several coming in the mail soon.

shontay07108

It sucks because I'd love to see Beyonce on Viva Glam. I don't know if this is the same but Drew Barrymore is on Covergirl and she has her own cosmetics line now so maybe it can be possible lol.
Is she still w/ Covergirl? I haven't seen her in anything of theirs lately. However, I think it's different because that's her own little independent project instead of going to some established brand that's in direct competition with Covergirl. I think Viva Glam is a great campaign, for a great cause but I've only really been excited about the products with Cyndi Lauper. That color was right up my alley. I bought the other ones to support the cause. If Beyonce did anything, I'd rather it be an entire collection. Katy Perry is a great idea, too. I'm not a fan of hers, but that's irrelevant because I think her vibe would be great for Mac. Great colors, packaging, she'd go all out to sell it. Plus, she's a cat lady like me and I figure that would play into it somehow. How about Adele? She's hot now and her eye makeup is always amazing. Those lashes and she wears colors that I think a lot of people would snatch up. There's a lot of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts