MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

laurennnxox

I'm glad for the (eventual) restock! Then I can get BBBB! It's the only thing I didn't end up getting a hold of that I still want.

BrittLuvsMakeup

My IITB eyeshadow is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. It is the last item from the collection I'm waiting to get as I already received everything else. It's amazing how small my initial list was for this collection compared to what I got. At first I only wanted DOY, CLF and the brush, but I ended up with everything except the eyeliner and mascara, lol. I'm glad that I ended up getting everything I got (especially as a Selena fan) but I hope for the next collection I purchase from, I can stick to my list, lol. I look forward to the upcoming restock just in case I want to back up anything though.

Jayjayy

So, about the lipstick in Dreaming of You...the only product in the collection that I bought/was interested in...I don't like it. The color is completely unremarkable. I honestly wouldn't be bothered if it disappeared from my collection. Even the packaging is meh. If anyone has lip liner suggestions to help make it work please let me know!

Sweetyellow

So, about the lipstick in Dreaming of You...the only product in the collection that I bought/was interested in...I don't like it. The color is completely unremarkable. I honestly wouldn't be bothered if it disappeared from my collection. Even the packaging is meh. If anyone has lip liner suggestions to help make it work please let me know!

Try it w/ Nightmoth to make it darker/more plum or Burgundy to keep the same tone.

DeAnn Smith

Sent you a PM :)

I'm thrilled to hear about the restock and definitely taking advantage of my Select status (and hey will be purchases in 2017 toward that year's status LOL)

I definitely hope to get BBBB. Since I'm now in love and obsessed with DOY and having major skipper's remorse, I'll get at least one and maybe a backup. And I really liked the brown ES color more than expected so I'll throw that in there too and see what products that I have now I need more of (I got AP, Selena and 2 MMB). I used birthday money for the Selena collection. Guess my Christmas money will be going toward Selena 2 :rotfl:

Mizani

Yeah, based on all the swatches I've seen of it thus far, I feel the same way. I guess I feel like I'd be willing to look into possibly getting it due to obligation of some sort. LOL!

lilinah

Just got this email from MAC:

The power of Selena's fans is astounding. Your overwhelming passion and excitement inspired the creation of M·A·C Selena and is the reason for its sell-out success. This is one of the most sought after collections in M·A·C's history.

We recognize the great lengths people went to buy M·A·C Selena and we are sorry for those who walked away empty handed. We are happy to share that we are properly restocking the collection for M·A·C stores, all retail partner stores, maccosmetics.com and our retail partner websites in the US and Canada. The collection will be available again for purchase in early January. We are committed to giving you sufficient notice of specific availability in order to plan for purchase. If you would like receive email when M·A·C Selena is back, please sign up on our waitlist here.

Thank you for your continued passion and your patience.
-------------------------

Did anyone else get it as well?

Yes, I got it some days ago. I haven't been on Specktra.

i was too broke when this collection came out, and I figured it would be chaotic.

I'd like DoY lipstick and Fotos eyeshadow, maybe AP lipstick. But if I miss out, I'll be ok.

Sorry to hear so many folks had trouble with your orders.

mango13

I missed the collection, I really didn't think it would sell out that fast. I originally was going to get two lipsticks, the lip gloss and an eyeshadow. I went to my local Nordstrom and they had seven Techno Cumbia's left, I swatched it and decided not to buy it since I didn't want it when I made my list. I ended up going back almost a week later and they were down to two and I just decided to get it so I would at least have something from the collection. I'm so glad I did, I like way better than I thought I would and it actually blends really well on me! Oh, and the batch starts with G, I've never seen a batch for an LE collection start that far into the alphabet.

Haven

I ordered TC during a random restock on Macy's and assumed that it would be cancelled as usual. It actually just shipped. Very shocked.

CCKK

Reminder, please dont forget the airport stores. I live in Michigan and they just got their shipment of Selena items yesterday! She had the compact, boot black liner, missing my baby and missing the beat shadow. Plus, Doy and Aop l/s-these I got. All these she has today. Oh, and she is shipping it out!!) 734-229-1205 The associate Tisa stated that she put it out to MAC stores informing them cause only the airport staff knew. Also, I don't know how long its on but the Troll collection (atleast at Nordies) is 60% off. I got 3 shadows, a pigment, and the brush for 50.00. The pigment was even cheaper than the travel size (it was 8.80)

LiliV

I definitely want to grab Bidi Bidi Bom Bom when the restock happens, but I think I'm also going to try for a backup of Amor Prohibido. I really love that shade!

Honi

Some pictures since I finally got around to editing my pictures!

The swatches are Mac Hot Chocolate, Mac Whirl, Mac Amor Prohibido, Mac Mineralize Rare Breed & Mac Mehr.

It is quite close to Rare Breed Mineralize which I use quite often!

Attachments

• mac selena amor prohibido 2016 lipstick2.png
    mac selena amor prohibido 2016 lipstick2.png
    651.8 KB · Views: 40
  • mac selena amor prohibido 2016 lipstick3.png
    mac selena amor prohibido 2016 lipstick3.png
    613.1 KB · Views: 41
  • mac selena amor prohibido 2016 lipstick4.png
    mac selena amor prohibido 2016 lipstick4.png
    633.7 KB · Views: 42

montREALady

Some pictures since I finally got around to editing my pictures!

The swatches are Mac Hot Chocolate, Mac Whirl, Mac Amor Prohibido, Mac Mineralize Rare Breed & Mac Mehr.

It is quite close to Rare Breed Mineralize which I use quite often!

Love AP, I pretty much use it when I wipe off whatever lipstick I'm wearing and want something no-fuss. So it lives in my handbag.

PrettyTwisted

Reminder, please dont forget the airport stores
That's right I'd forgotten about that. There used to be someone on here (Miss Elle maybe?) who used to update us on the JFK MAC. Can't remember if it was past security or if you could access it without a ticket or not. But anyway I remember Julia Petit/GBV, etc LE lipsticks being available there after regular stores had sold out

I hope to be able to get AP in January, I hope MAC gives a specific relaunch date after the Holidays, I might schedule my work shifts so as to be free to stalk at 3am the day of lol

CCKK

Loving Missing my Baby under the brow bone!I must say that Spectra members are badass!!! Thank you

Latest posts