MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

lyseD

Naomi, they still have the compact at MAC Canada. If she wanted that I could send it for you.

Taina165

I *still* have not gotten a nordstrom shipping confirmation! I am anxious to the max! I think it doesn't help that there is an impending hurricane as well. I'm frustrated as all get out. Seems everyone is getting their shipments (who haven't yet received cancellations emails) but me. :/

Been so focused on this collection that I didn't realize the storm is actually going to hit Florida. Now to prepare for that.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Selena should be launching in two days here... not looking forward tbh. She's really not well known here but MAC NL stock sucks ass, so it wouldn't surprise me if the good things are gone within minutes or seconds. And I don't know if other retailers will get this collection.. probably not but I don't know :/

Same in Germany. They also tend to oversell and then cancel orders here, I had the pleasure several times. And some items, like the Bao Bao Wan lipsticks, were never available in the first place. That's why I was trying to place an order in the US and have it forwarded to me, but I missed out so far. I guess I'm giving up and skipping after all, I ordered a bunch of skincare now instead, so yeah...

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

If anyone gets an extra MMB, please let me know. My counter only received 'about 6' of each shadow, and unlike previous launches, they are not offering to hold. So all bets are off.

GreenEyedAllie

If anyone gets an extra MMB, please let me know. My counter only received 'about 6' of each shadow, and unlike previous launches, they are not offering to hold. So all bets are off.

Just kidding!!! She texted me back and will hold MMB since it's just that one thing. It pays to be tight with your SA/MUA. They're apparently really really not supposed to this time. There have been instructions.

NaomiH

Naomi, they still have the compact at MAC Canada. If she wanted that I could send it for you.

Thank you very much for offering,I happened to snag that in a frenzy at Macy's yesterday. It's the one thing that didn't get taken from my cart. Lol

laurennnxox

I wonder if Belk's "technical difficulties" is that they didn't get a set stock amount (or any) from MAC. Because there's no way it's taken them nearly all business day to tweak some code to make the items appear online or fix the database. Especially since their online ordering isn't "down or unavailable" for any other MAC products or cosmetics in general. I'm assuming the systems are working just fine. Sigh.

montREALady

I wonder if Belk's "technical difficulties" is that they didn't get a set stock amount (or any) from MAC. Because there's no way it's taken them nearly all business day to tweak some code to make the items appear online or fix the database. Especially since their online ordering isn't "down or unavailable" for any other MAC products or cosmetics in general. I'm assuming the systems are working just fine. Sigh.

That's what we've been speculating.

GreenEyedAllie

Actually, from the Jouer debacle early in the summer, I think they are taking the time to boost their servers. I think that took Jouer quite a while (and it still crashed!)...maybe even days from what I remember.

AAAAAAANNNND because I realize I've been completely self-absorbed,

Naomi, you are an amazing friend! I hope you are able to get everything for her. Also, I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

And yes, any and all Specktra members and families in the path of Michael, please stay safe! You will also be in my thoughts and prayers.

NaomiH

Actually, from the Jouer debacle early in the summer, I think they are taking the time to boost their servers. I think that took Jouer quite a while (and it still crashed!)...maybe even days from what I remember.

Naomi, you are an amazing friend! I hope you are able to get everything for her. Also, I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

And yes, any and all Specktra members and families in the path of Michael, please stay safe! You will also be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you! :) I really hope it launches today and soon so I can get this done and done finally.

montREALady

Just happened to notice that Ebates is 6% with Macy's today, was that the case yesterday when we were up at God-awful hours placing orders? I don't remember it being 6...:mad:

montREALady

Yes, stay safe all.

Latest posts