MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Tarabotti

I saw something posted that this collection will be out in June/July of this year. Is this just a rumor?

I was thinking late 2016 would be sometime in Sept, Oct., Nov....

Shars

I saw something posted that this collection will be out in June/July of this year. Is this just a rumor?

I was thinking late 2016 would be sometime in Sept, Oct., Nov....

I think MAC posted it on their snapchat or something like that re June/July.

Myth

Was in Walmart today and saw the Selena DVD--and my a Walmart really doesn't carry 90's movies for the most part. Shows you how much Selena really meant to generations of people

MACluvin

Well if the rumors are true about this collection being released june/july I hope we get info on the products soon :)

shadowaddict

I really hope that MAC doesn't just pull from perm products & repromotes because they know anything will sell in this collection. Hopefully they have put their best people on this.

The collection should capture the true essence of her beauty & spirit. I think there should be colorful e/s to reflect her energy & radiance. Of course a classic red l/s but a couple of deeper reds for her soulful music & the passion in her voice. I would like to see 2 or 3 blushes to compliment many skin tones. I would have to add a highlighter to emulate her glow.
imagegif

It would be great to have different color packaging such as the lipsticks be one color, e/s another & so on but still be the same. Ok that didn't convey my wishful thinking. I meant the same packaging but vary the colors a bit or make them a little different in some way. They're going to make (as my son says) a shit-ton of money on this collection anyway so they may as well take the opportunity to really rake it in & add to their customer base. People will buy more products just to get the different packaging even if it's only a slight difference.

It would be nice to see a few additional items as MAC did with Hello Kitty. I definitely don't mean the same like a plush. That would be silly. I was using HK as an example because it had several non-makeup items. I think a pretty compact mirror & cosmetic bag/bags & maybe some type of accessory that we haven't seen before.

For God's sake MAC use some imagination.
imagegif
You are an artist line. :action1:

verorl

Today is the 21st anniversary of Selena's death... And they mentioned on the news that a "big beauty Brand" will be launching a collection inspired by Selena. Hope it is this one.

flowerflower

Always thought it was interesting that Selena Gomez was named after Selena Q. That's one way Selena Q. is still relevant to this younger generation. Hopefully fans of Selena G will check out Selena Q's music.

flowerflower

I picked up a Selena movie DVD last year. Selena gave us brunettes a beauty role model when blondes were really considered the epitome of beauty. Selena was an exotic beauty icon for many. MAC hopefully will do her justice with its collection.