MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

GreenEyedAllie

Considering all these charges are pending, I would count on things being posted correctly regardless of the invoices. The lawyer's wife part of me wonders if you could technically fight the charges, but with confirmations being correct I think that would override the invoice.

montREALady

I'm trying to buy all that I want from Selena online. I don't know if New York has as many Selena fans as say Texas, but I don't want to take part in any craziness.
I remember the last time there was a launch this frenzied was for Rhianna and two people almost got into a fight at the counter. I quickly got what I needed and left.
When Macy's was selling Rhianna, there was a line outside and they were giving you order forms to fill out so when you got into the store, you handed in your order form and they gave you the products. I have the day off (for reasons unrelated to the Selena launch :) ) so I may drop by to swatch stuff and maybe pick up an extra lipstick or eye shadow (depending on the crowd).

My package shipped but I won't get it until Monday so I won't know if MAC 'gifted' me with the Selena makeup that I ordered. If they haven't adjusted it on the invoice, will they be sending out new invoices or just take the money from your account? Not that I don't trust MAC--oh wait I don't.

Rihanna was absolute MAYHEM! I'm scarred for life from that.

Okay do I don't understand. Are the invoices matching the charges because can't you just check your card to see if they messed up?

Oh, their reply to my Tweet. I told them charging shipping wasn't cool but I contacted their chat for a refund:
Screenshot_2016-09-30-11-09-36.png

KGeezy

The last of my orders shipped! Can't wait to get my goodies ! I do want a bu of DOY but i really don't feel like stalking again . I need sleep lol

NaomiH

Rihanna was absolute MAYHEM! I'm scarred for life from that.

Okay do I don't understand. Are the invoices matching the charges because can't you just check your card to see if they messed up?

Oh, their reply to my Tweet. I told them charging shipping wasn't cool but I contacted their chat for a refund:
View attachment 56646

The invoice matches the amount they charged my card, but not the amount on the confirmation email or in my order history. I even got an ebates payment that matches what it should of been.

dcarrington

As of now Amor Prohibido is the onky lipstick sold out. That's a little surprising since I thought DOY would be the first to go. All I am considering stalking for is Techno Cumbia and thata a big maybe. Looking at the holiday collection has me all excited for that right now. I am so looking for swatches from that collection.

squirtlesquad54

So I've been sick and I completely forgot that this collection was on presale and I was only able to order the lipsticks lol just want the powder now and that's probably it for me lol idk if I should keep backing up any lipsticks, at this point I'm sure I have more than 100 Mac lipsticks alone not counting backups lol

LiliV

The invoice matches the amount they charged my card, but not the amount on the confirmation email or in my order history. I even got an ebates payment that matches what it should of been.

So weird! I definitely want to see what my invoice says. I wonder if mine will say the random $8 I was charged. I won't be mad at all if the charge comes in late bc I bought the items, I should be charged for them, but this is all really amusing to me lol I've never had this happen with Mac before

NaomiH

It's so weird, I won't be mad if it ends up correcting to the right amount, but I definitely won't be sad if it doesn't. Lol
So weird! I definitely want to see what my invoice says. I wonder if mine will say the random $8 I was charged. I won't be mad at all if the charge comes in late bc I bought the items, I should be charged for them, but this is all really amusing to me lol I've never had this happen with Mac before

LMarie21

Going to have to stalk tonight to get two DOY and maybe one eyeshadow all to gift. The holiday collections looks so gorgeous - def want that WOG duo lol.

Shars

Considering all these charges are pending, I would count on things being posted correctly regardless of the invoices. The lawyer's wife part of me wonders if you could technically fight the charges, but with confirmations being correct I think that would override the invoice.

When the orders were placed, the amount that was shown before checkout is the amount they can legally charge because that is the amount the orderer would have authorised on their card. Any discrepancy with the invoice in the box won't stop them from charging the full amount because it would have been authorised at checkout. Companies usually have a certain amount of time to process their holds so I'm guessing they will ring through fresh charges and release any pending holds. This is MAC though so.... don't hold your breath.

NATlar

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh they are showing on the UK site if you type "Selena" in but not to be purchased yet.... I need to sleep tonight so I'm hoping it doesn't release early hours and should I get the brush :eek: usually I wouldn't but it's purple, it's purple and selena :D

Think I'll just go with what I mainly want... the three lipsticks and the powder!

Last edited:

Latest posts