MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Tarabotti

So I managed to do two orders with Nordstroms. Why was one delivered by UPS (already delivered) and the other by USPS (might come tomorrow)? :confused:

I will be braving a store tomorrow to swatch and maybe buy more lipsticks and another TC. I send all my makeup packages to my sisters job so I can't play with my stuff until tomorrow evening. If possible, I'll swing by a couple of stores to check out the madness.

All of you in Hurricane Matthews' path, stay safe! We need you here for the next MAC fiasco.

rockin

It's now up on MAC UK. I believe it went live at 2am.

edit - just seen earlier posts about it. I don't know how I missed it going up then, as I was refreshing the page from time to time and it wasn't showing for me.
Anyway, I managed to order everything I wanted. I don't think anything has sold out yet.

Last edited:

verorl

So MAC Mexico is a cluster f*ck... Always has been. SAs here never know launch dates, and when they do times are messed up, things sell out in minutes, it is bad. Mexican people are not huge online shoppers like in other countries. The Mexican MAC website launched a couple of years ago at the most. I haven't tried it.

now, those of you who saw the Selena movie, remember that part where she comes to Mexico for the first time and the turnout was so huge and unexpected? That is the city I'm in. Selena is huge here... HUGE. Add to the hype that localnews stations have been making a huge deal about how Selina is getting her own makeup line!

I have no idea how this will go on over here.

montREALady

I'll be doing exactly that for MMB, NMQM, and AP but at 9 am. lol
My daughter starts school at 8:10 so I couldn't even if I wanted to, lol!

I got a lot of compliments on Amor Prohibido today and even with it being a glaze it help up great. I compared Amor Prohibido with Boca from Julia Petit (another of my favorites) bc I feel like AP reminds me a lot of Boca. If Boca didn't oxidize to a pink base it would almost be AP. Here's some comparisons, in swatches they look different but on the lips (on me at least) and in the tubes I think they're very similar. I love this type of shade

View attachment 56751
View attachment 56752
Oooh, thanks. I remember chasing down Boca and maybe wore it twice, lmao! But I think I'd wear AP more because of the finish.

I thought so too lol! I think those particular ones were from the Tanger outlets in Deer Park, NY.

I still can't believe how that girl got so hyped and recognised.... if only they knew her beginnings! No please.... I ain't want that kinda negativity in muh house. :rofl:

Hahaha! I know, well I've only heard about the past from here but she's "kind of a big deal" in the social media world.

montREALady

So MAC Mexico is a cluster f*ck... Always has been. SAs here never know launch dates, and when they do times are messed up, things sell out in minutes, it is bad. Mexican people are not huge online shoppers like in other countries. The Mexican MAC website launched a couple of years ago at the most. I haven't tried it.

now, those of you who saw the Selena movie, remember that part where she comes to Mexico for the first time and the turnout was so huge and unexpected? That is the city I'm in. Selena is huge here... HUGE. Add to the hype that localnews stations have been making a huge deal about how Selina is getting her own makeup line!

I have no idea how this will go on over here.

Omg do some video if you go!!

dcarrington

I tried TC and I know it will be in heavy rotation already. Blunt is a great contour for me and the blush shows up on me as a very soft flush on my skin. I still have a bit of a tan from my vacation so it will show even more when I even out (although I like how it looks just fine). I just need to get over the breakout and I'll be killin' this.

Prettypackages

Yeah, guys, I'm not sure I'm going to brave the stores. I called 3 of my local stores and t hey confirm it is going to be crazy. People are lining up as early as FOUR AM?!?!?!?!?! Congrats to you all for getting it online. I had all the lippies in my cart, but couldn't pull the trigger. Car repairs. LOL

I confirmed how much stock they rcvd and it is next to nil. One nordies said they have hired security. Be careful and good luck!

montREALady

My stupid tracking # with Macy's still brings up nothing. Drives me nuts waiting. And the # brings up both USPS or Fedex in Google so I'm guessing it's Fedex Smartpost. What carrier did they use for those who ordered from them?

montREALady

Yeah, guys, I'm not sure I'm going to brave the stores. I called 3 of my local stores and t hey confirm it is going to be crazy. People are lining up as early as FOUR AM?!?!?!?!?! Congrats to you all for getting it online. I had all the lippies in my cart, but couldn't pull the trigger. Car repairs. LOL

I confirmed how much stock they rcvd and it is next to nil. One nordies said they have hired security. Be careful and good luck!

Omg no. Just no. Security?? Then again, stores here never have more than 3 of each after the sales associates take their shit (they deny it) so they'll need security telling that to Selina fans. Actually we always have security in our MAC stores on a normal day, lmao!

Prettypackages

So we know how MAC is with LE, but like NO ONE had the forsight to research her popularity? I mean this collex was created b/c of a petition. Did they not see how many people signed it? LOL So I do not feel bad for the backlash they are receiving. And as far as ebayers, look, if people don't pay those prices, they wouldn't be in business. We can't get mad at them, can we?

NaomiH

You are a wonderful friend. I haven't caught up yet, but I hope you were successful. Even if you weren't, your effort is admirable.

Girl, this fuckery is on par with the old days. I'm impressed at the new and innovative ways this launch was botched.

Thank you! I have failed miserably and will not be able to make it to Austin tomorrow to try in store. I hope MAC keeps their word and restocks at some point.

luvlydee

I'm still going to try and see if i can snatch some stuff tomorrow. I don't know why. I honestly should be happy with what i got lol here are some better photos of the items which I have started to put up on my blog. I took better photos of the lipsticks but I'm not going to put those up tonight. im too tired to write a post of the lipsticks and I want to watch American Horror story until I fall asleep lol

MacTechnoCumbiaMain.jpg Mac Techno Cumbia Swatch.jpg MAC selena eyeshadows.jpg

squirtlesquad54

I'm kind of scared for tomorrow morning lol I was planning on going at 9:30 since my mall opens at 10, but now that I hear people are lining up at 4am.... Hmmmm guess we'll see

Prettypackages

hehehehe I know I'm not... I was going to go at 930 too. And honestly, here in the Windy City, if you aren't the first 15 in line, I'd forget it. They'll be sold out by 1030 I'm sure.
I'm actually sitting here with a concussion, so I'm not fighting or waiting for anything.

I'm kind of scared for tomorrow morning lol I was planning on going at 9:30 since my mall opens at 10, but now that I hear people are lining up at 4am.... Hmmmm guess we'll see

Gellydonut

I'm scared too. I called my nearest counter and they said that they expect a crowd, but that she's not sure if they were going to have people line up. She told me to wait at any of the Macy's entrances, so I'm picturing the doors opening at 10 and ladies running to the counter... shall be interesting.

Asphyxia

The line at my local Mac counter starts at 4AM. I don't trust their stock, but I might go for some backups.

Latest posts