MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

elegant-one

LOL! Almost wore it today but decided to go with something else. I threw it on to go to dance class with my daughter on Saturday though so I already know it will be that kind of lipstick. The natural on-the-go look.

Yep, natural...like you're wearing my lips :D:twirl:I want to go dancing with you!

Honi

My AP showed up today, I really like it. And I decided to go for one of the Mac makeup removers, excited to try something new.

elegant-one

How's your grandbaby EO?

SOOOO adorable!!!! :cloud9: She's rolling over & starting to sit up now :) The kids did a face time with us & then just handed her the phone while she's laying on her back. So funny!... she's looking at us on the phone & then we see an eyeball, the ceiling & then got cut off LOL!
They took a cute still pic of her looking at us on the phone :sunshine::heart: We miss her so. Thanks for asking hun!:flowers:

Shars

SOOOO adorable!!!! :cloud9: She's rolling over & starting to sit up now :) The kids did a face time with us & then just handed her the phone while she's laying on her back. So funny!... she's looking at us on the phone & then we see an eyeball, the ceiling & then got cut off LOL!
They took a cute still pic of her looking at us on the phone :sunshine::heart: We miss her so. Thanks for asking hun!:flowers:

Awwww... precious moments!! Happy to hear she is doing so well!

lumaday

My Mac KOP order arrived today! Since I'm stuck at work and my husband works from home I had him open it and take a pic for me. Looks like everything arrived as ordered.

If anyone wants I can take a pic of the lipsticks and NMQM eyeshadow on my NC20-ish skin later.

verorl

Hahaha, don't mind if I do. OMG, this class is a riot, one of those Toddler and Parent classes, most times I'm tired of prancing around with her. She'll be 4 in November :D

Awwwww.... As the mother of a 19-year old, please enjoy her... They do grow up soooo fast!

verorl

So this finally launched at MAC's Mexican website. I got the email and clicked, and was taken to a waiting page where it took over an hour. They were limiting it to one order per customer. When it was my turn, I got backups of It Is The beat, Como La Flor and Amor Prohibido and two No Me Queda Mas. I also had Techno Cumbia and BBBB in my cart, but they were taken out when I was entering CC info due to them selling out. They also charged me for shipping, despite MAC Mexico having free shipping on orders over $800 pesos, My order was over $1,500.

Anyway, I do think the launch was well handled by the website, especially since there is no Select program here. It launches in stores tomorrow and I predict there will be madness, since Selena was huge (still is!) here, and the local news has been hyping this collection up since it was announced.

Hope I get my goodies intact!

NaomiH

That is adorable! How old is she now?

lumaday

Got to play with the new additions! I didn't think I'd love CLF since I don't wear red much but wow, it is stunning. I think this red would look great on anyone. I'm also really liking DOY. I swatched it next to Eugenie and they didn't look like dupes on me. Eugenie is more purple and DOY is more burgundy. The NMQM eyeshadow is beautiful with a great formula. After swatching it next to some shades from my pretty extensive eyeshadow collection the closest thing is I have to it is Urban Decay Beware which is slightly warmer and similar in texture and application.

If they do a restock I'd probably get a DOY backup and MMB eyeshadow.
Eugenie is far right.
14657448_10100155263108797_1054921245070918040_n.jpg
14670631_10100155263143727_738998509286085385_n.jpg
UD Beware on Top, NMQM bottom
14681882_10100155263173667_390206984769211737_n.jpg
Euenie top, DOY bottom
14705858_10100155263208597_939119289828166831_n.jpg

PrettyTwisted

And I decided to go for one of the Mac makeup removers, excited to try something new.
I always choose MAC makeup remover as my sample, I just dunk a Q-tip in it and gently roll off my eye makeup, I've never had to pull at my lids or anywhere around my eyes to take off everything, even stubborn Rebel Eyes lol

Honi

I always choose MAC makeup remover as my sample, I just dunk a Q-tip in it and gently roll off my eye makeup, I've never had to pull at my lids or anywhere around my eyes to take off everything, even stubborn Rebel Eyes lol
Samples is not a thing that is "a thing" here in Europe. So if we get a sample with our purchases the stores make a big hoopla out of it, when in reality they earn extra money on giving these samples out. Ridiculous. Wish I could choose that as a sample though, sonds neat!

verorl

Just got this email from MAC:

The power of Selena's fans is astounding. Your overwhelming passion and excitement inspired the creation of M·A·C Selena and is the reason for its sell-out success. This is one of the most sought after collections in M·A·C's history.

We recognize the great lengths people went to buy M·A·C Selena and we are sorry for those who walked away empty handed. We are happy to share that we are properly restocking the collection for M·A·C stores, all retail partner stores, maccosmetics.com and our retail partner websites in the US and Canada. The collection will be available again for purchase in early January. We are committed to giving you sufficient notice of specific availability in order to plan for purchase. If you would like receive email when M·A·C Selena is back, please sign up on our waitlist here.

Thank you for your continued passion and your patience.
-------------------------

Did anyone else get it as well?

montREALady

The power of Selena's fans is astounding. Your overwhelming passion and excitement inspired the creation of M·A·C Selena and is the reason for its sell-out success. This is one of the most sought after collections in M·A·C's history.

We recognize the great lengths people went to buy M·A·C Selena and we are sorry for those who walked away empty handed. We are happy to share that we are properly restocking the collection for M·A·C stores, all retail partner stores, maccosmetics.com and our retail partner websites in the US and Canada. The collection will be available again for purchase in early January. We are committed to giving you sufficient notice of specific availability in order to plan for purchase. If you would like receive email when M·A·C Selena is back, please sign up on our waitlist here.

yes!!!!

Shars

I did and was just coming to ask if anyone else got the email!

Latest posts