MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

MaitaiFluff

I did the same thing lol. But then I had the lovely Gracie90 do a CP of 2 more for me when before it sold out in England. It is my HG finishing powder, I tell people it is airbrush in a compact!
That makes me kinda sad. I was never able to get Forever Marilyn, so I just tell myself that it would've been terrible on me and I'm not missing out on anything. :p

MissTT

Don't feel bad, Maitai. People are saying the same thing about the NARS Reflecting powder. It seems most effects can be duplicated. There's a plethora of products on the market today easily accessed by the internet.

MaitaiFluff

Hehe. I look over at my collection of powders, and I think "yeah... I don't really need another", but I'm always a sucker for limited edition packaging. I do have both the new pressed and loose NARS powders, and they really are the bee's knees.

allthingsmakeup

I'm in the same boat as you! I thought I was reading this wrong at first!
girlhaha.gif

I am torn. On the one hand... I very much enjoyed the Marilyn collection from last year, even though it was not the easiest thing in the world getting the products I wanted. I'm up for new items in new packaging, with a repromote here or there. I'm really happy that those who missed out altogether or on things they wanted will get another chance, if the Marilyn factor is important to them.

On the other hand, it seems really fast to turn around and do another collection based on the same person. I am not at all opposed to revisits in most cases, but a chunk of time in between would be nice. I would have preferred they did Venomous Villains again, with 4 new villains. I guess maybe that wasn't an option though, since Disney has that deal with Sephora for the princess lines at the moment. If not VV, Barbie or Hello Kitty, both way before my time.
I did skip the MM collection because they said the packaging would be very cheap-looking (using stickers). But now I do regret not buying the hightlighter, so I hope they repromote that one. But I understand that the people who did buy would like to see something different for this collection instead of all repromotes.
And I hoped for exactly the same thing that they would do another Venomous Villains collection, since I skipped that one
bangdesk.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsmakeup
And I hoped for exactly the same thing that they would do another Venomous Villains collection, since I skipped that one
bangdesk.gif

Oh, yeah, i'd be there with you... and i did not skip the first one. But there's room for more VVs...

Shadowy Lady

Your the only person in the world I know that skipped this! :) I was actually able to get 2 sets of all the lippies and ended up selling 1 set because I wasn't too much into it. I still have one set for safe keeping. :)
I skipped it too! I have too many red lipsticks and none if the items were unique. I also am not one of her fans (though I'm probably the only one). I'll skip this one too if it's re promote of the same items....

champagneshadow

If they do repromote FM then I'll probably grab a few more just to be safe. I still use it every day and love it to bits!
How many have you gone through so far? I've still got TONS left of my first one! But love it so much I will probably still snag one or two more lol.

Corally

I'm in the same boat as you! I thought I was reading this wrong at first! :haha: I am torn. On the one hand... I very much enjoyed the Marilyn collection from last year, even though it was not the easiest thing in the world getting the products I wanted. I'm up for new items in new packaging, with a repromote here or there. I'm really happy that those who missed out altogether or on things they wanted will get another chance, if the Marilyn factor is important to them. On the other hand, it seems really fast to turn around and do another collection based on the same person. I am not at all opposed to revisits in most cases, but a chunk of time in between would be nice. I would have preferred they did Venomous Villains again, with 4 new villains. I guess maybe that wasn't an option though, since Disney has that deal with Sephora for the princess lines at the moment. If not VV, Barbie or Hello Kitty, both way before my time.
I did skip the MM collection because they said the packaging would be very cheap-looking (using stickers). But now I do regret not buying the hightlighter, so I hope they repromote that one. But I understand that the people who did buy would like to see something different for this collection instead of all repromotes. And I hoped for exactly the same thing that they would do another Venomous Villains collection, since I skipped that one :bang:
VV2 would be AWESOME. At that time I was just getting into MAC but I thought everything was so expensive so I thought I'd be smart not to buy anything from VV. Stupid, stupid me. :headbang:

thecolorgeek

yeaah! a VV2 with another 4 villiains like Ursula, The queen of Alice in Wonderland... It will be AMAZING if they repromote wicked ways!

Michelemu21

I haven't even used my FM yet because I still have Play It Proper which is so gorgeous. I can only imagine how this will look and yeah I want another backup.

vivaglamgaga

This is exciting! I skipped on the past Marilyn collection because I didn't like anything.The packaging was okay but nothing spectacular. Same goes for the colors, nothing wow'd me. It was disappointing. Hopefully with this new collection there will be different lipstick colors and prettier packaging!
yahoo.gif

Ana A

With all the collections happening this year, my wallet wishes for a re-promote of the same products but my heart couldn't agree less. If they do reinvent the collection I'm hoping for better and or improved shades. I was lucky enough to get a hold of all the lipsticks from the last collection and they are pretty but I feel like mac left a lot of room for improvement. When people hear Marilyn they have high expectations right down to the packaging which was kind of boring in my opinion.