MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

bluelitzer

sneaky.gif
hehe people thought it's a secret MAC release or something *chuckles*
That's a good idea lol I bet it looks really cool

Spikesmom

It's a stretch, but I'd love to see a collection of Matte2 e/s come out with this. I'd buy 2 of each, color story unseen!

pemily

I heard somewhere that the matte 2 were being discontinued?!

Starflash was Mac's finest moment no questions asked!

erine1881

I heard somewhere that the matte 2 were being discontinued?! Starflash was Mac's finest moment no questions asked!
There's still a handful of matte2s-typographic, blanc type, fig. 1, brown script, and copperplate. They aren't being DCd.

ARmakeupjunkie

Barbie was DEF my fav as well. If Barbie relaunched in any type of way I would of CRAZZZZZYYY!! I dont know how far i would go! lma.
I remember receiving a phone call from MAC, while on vacation, to order Rocking Chick lipstick. It had sold out and they had posted a sign up sheet or something. They actually called when it was back in stock and I was allowed to order a few tubes. It was great. I wish MAC would do that for each big collection when the products sales out within minutes.

champagneshadow

WOW!!! I haven't been on since shortly after the Archie release and just stopped by today to see if there were any new swatches for the spring collections. I can't believe they are bringing it back!!! Hoping so much for totally different packaging and a different range of colors!

BriarRose

WOW!!! I haven't been on since shortly after the Archie release and just stopped by today to see if there were any new swatches for the spring collections. I can't believe they are bringing it back!!! Hoping so much for totally different packaging and a different range of colors!
I'm in the same boat as you! I thought I was reading this wrong at first!
girlhaha.gif

I am torn. On the one hand... I very much enjoyed the Marilyn collection from last year, even though it was not the easiest thing in the world getting the products I wanted. I'm up for new items in new packaging, with a repromote here or there. I'm really happy that those who missed out altogether or on things they wanted will get another chance, if the Marilyn factor is important to them.

On the other hand, it seems really fast to turn around and do another collection based on the same person. I am not at all opposed to revisits in most cases, but a chunk of time in between would be nice. I would have preferred they did Venomous Villains again, with 4 new villains. I guess maybe that wasn't an option though, since Disney has that deal with Sephora for the princess lines at the moment. If not VV, Barbie or Hello Kitty, both way before my time.

Mac-Guy

I'm in the same boat as you! I thought I was reading this wrong at first!
girlhaha.gif

I am torn. On the one hand... I very much enjoyed the Marilyn collection from last year, even though it was not the easiest thing in the world getting the products I wanted. I'm up for new items in new packaging, with a repromote here or there. I'm really happy that those who missed out altogether or on things they wanted will get another chance, if the Marilyn factor is important to them.

On the other hand, it seems really fast to turn around and do another collection based on the same person. I am not at all opposed to revisits in most cases, but a chunk of time in between would be nice. I would have preferred they did Venomous Villains again, with 4 new villains. I guess maybe that wasn't an option though, since Disney has that deal with Sephora for the princess lines at the moment. If not VV, Barbie or Hello Kitty, both way before my time.
It's an attempt to milk-the-golden-cow. :)

Spectacular

I dont really understand (with all the endless possibilities) why the hell MAC do a Marilyn x 2 collection the following year....

I love love love Marilyn but I believe MAC have positioned themselves within the Market because of their ever changing collections that constantly roll out.
That and their extremly talented MUA's......

my two cents.

I'm a little dissapointed.
Yeah, at this point it kinda makes me wonder whether some collections aren't a bit filler. This could all change depending on what will actually roll out, but this seems to be an easy choice. Whatever they do will sell out anyway regardless of what it is since many people love Marilyn regardless. You've got the MAC fiends, the Marilyn fiends, the Collector's Item fiends. Instant money.

They absolutely could be very creative and thoughtful with what they bring out, but I didn't really see any of that creativity or thoughtfulness in the first collection so....me thinks it'll likely just be a very simple, easy to execute collection that doesn't require a ton of effort to keep up with their releasing - what is it 45? - collections a year.

MAC for Marilyn 2 is kinda a no-brainer, but hopefully MAC proves me dead wrong and gets creative.

itsladyred

Its funny how when this collection first came out we all wondered how would they ever repromote Forever Marylin ? Well here is our answer ! There is no way they wouldn't repromote Forever Marilyn. I only brought one and had backup remorse. It was so beautiful on my skin so I have barley touched it. Once I get my hands on some backups I am going to go FM crazy !
th_happy1.gif

champagneshadow

Well, it does make sense for MAC to strike while the iron is hot. Im sure there were a lot of people that were never able to get their hands on a single lipstick from the last MM. And a lot of longtime fans of MAC were really frustrated by how exceptionally quickly everything sold out. If MAC had enough inventory this time around they might redeem themselves a bit with all the frustrated fans. Or maybe they won't, and it will be just like last time. Idk if it was just a far less popular collection, or if MAC just actually had lots of product, but I thought the Archie release went beautifully. With a little effort it seemed that everyone was able to get what they wanted. Maybe with this one they could repromote Love Goddess at least since that one was the most difficult to get ahold of. Then 4 new shades. I would really, really like to see some new packaging though! Something simple and sleek this time.

champagneshadow

Its funny how when this collection first came out we all wondered how would they ever repromote Forever Marylin ? Well here is our answer ! There is no way they wouldn't repromote Forever Marilyn. I only brought one and had backup remorse. It was so beautiful on my skin so I have barley touched it. Once I get my hands on some backups I am going to go FM crazy ! :yaay:
I did the same thing lol. But then I had the lovely Gracie90 do a CP of 2 more for me when before it sold out in England. It is my HG finishing powder, I tell people it is airbrush in a compact!