MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
Barbie
love.gif
Did you have the boys & the men too?
lol.gif
I did. We used black sharpie markers to give them beards & mustaches. The girls had silver pins pushed into their earlobes so it looked like they had pierced ears.
rofl.gif
I even had the dog & all his cute little accessories.
lol.gif
That was bad, wasn't it
amuse.gif

The original Barbie did have "pierced" ears. I had one, when she first came out.

Long before Barbie, when dolls were bigger and had wigs glued onto the hard heads (not soft plastic), i pulled the wig off one of my dolls and painted its head with shoe polish (no sharpies in those days) so i could have a "boy". I wrapped them in my mother's solid color silk scarves and acted out Ancient Greek myths with them.

ChosenOne

The original Barbie did have "pierced" ears. I had one, when she first came out.

Long before Barbie, when dolls were bigger and had wigs glued onto the hard heads (not soft plastic), i pulled the wig off one of my dolls and painted its head with shoe polish (no sharpies in those days) so i could have a "boy". I wrapped them in my mother's solid color silk scarves and acted out Ancient Greek myths with them.
That is awesome. Though depending on which myths you acted out with the dolls, I can see how that might have been disturbing to parents, lol!

MACina

Elegant, do you know the song "Barbie Girl" from Aqua?
girlhaha.gif

I know it is an old song but but came into my mind yesterday evening
lol.gif

Barbie
love.gif
Did you have the boys & the men too?
lol.gif
I did. We used black sharpie markers to give them beards & mustaches. The girls had silver pins pushed into their earlobes so it looked like they had pierced ears.
rofl.gif
I even had the dog & all his cute little accessories.
lol.gif
That was bad, wasn't it
amuse.gif

Beautybuyer

Elegant, do you know the song "Barbie Girl" from Aqua? :haha: I know it is an old song but but came into my mind yesterday evening :lol:
Wasn't for me BUT I totally remember that song! Lol I remember the weird music video too and them driving around in that car haha

MACina

grouphug2.gif
.......yes, the music and the video are really kinda funny
lol.gif

"Hiya, Barbie! .... Hi, Ken! ....You wanna go for a ride?...Sure, Ken! ...Jump in! ............"
girlhaha.gif

Wasn't for me BUT I totally remember that song! Lol I remember the weird music video too and them driving around in that car haha

Corally

:grouphug: .......yes, the music and the video are really kinda funny :lol: "Hiya, Barbie! .... Hi, Ken! ....You wanna go for a ride?...Sure, Ken! ...Jump in! ............" :haha:
I will never forget that song lol. I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world. Life in plastic, it's fantastic. You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere. Imagination, life is your creation. Come on Barbie let's go party. Ah ah ah yeah. Come on Barbie let's go party. Oeh oh oeh oh. LOOOOOOOOOOOL. :lol:

Corally

[COLOR=9933CC]Crap! Now I have this song in my head. Tx Corally. LOL.[/COLOR]:loco:
I will never forget that song lol. I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world. Life in plastic, it's fantastic. You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere. Imagination, life is your creation. Come on Barbie let's go party. Ah ah ah yeah. Come on Barbie let's go party. Oeh oh oeh oh. LOOOOOOOOOOOL. :lol:
:haha:

luvlydee

iagree.gif
I'm so redded out. If they do make a very very dark deep blackened red lipstick though I will be all over that. I am hoping for all new products so I can lose my mind again. I am still hoping for some mauvy lipsticks. I can dream can't I?
love.gif
I want a deep red with some sparkle to it. If not, no more reds for me.

Barbie was definitely your collection then, Elegant
smiles.gif

It is great that you were able to get so many BUs!

If I had to chose favorites from this collection, I' d say the BPs,the blushes and the eyeshadows.
And if I had had to chose only one it would be Pearl Blossom
eyelove.gif

Elegant, I had a lot of Barbie stuff too when I was young
friends.gif
Barbie was DEF my fav as well. If Barbie relaunched in any type of way I would of CRAZZZZZYYY!! I dont know how far i would go! lmao

Corally

Quote:
I used to have it on tape :party:
I think we had an Aqua cd. :sweat: :haha: