MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

elkaknits

oi another thread to follow. I am wearing TPC all the time and wish I had backed it up tho I understand it was a repromote so I have been keeping up hope that I will see it again *soon* That and the BP were must haves so if they show again I will snag em. Otherwise I have always been a lips and tips gal so backed up the l/s already. I await the color story cus either way~ new colors or same I will be happy with stuff to drool over.

Mac4Megan

I hope this is all repromotes, then I will only be tempted for FM BUs. I love the lipsticks but I have the ones I want and I don't buy LS BUs, there are always new, better shades coming out. If the products are new I also hope the packaging is different, or no special packaging, i don't really like spending more for special packaging, prices in canada are already high. If this is a Macy's exclusive i wont have to think about it at all cause they don't ship to Canada, $$ saved

sss215

Yea I skipped marilyn because I was buying other items. I think I would probably take a look at charmed I'm sure and deeply adored it the collection came back.. What do you guys think? What were the must haves? everything?? lol it is Marilyn after all
lolz.gif
Love Goddess lip stick!

martiangurll

Quote:Originally Posted by honey on boost

I doubt the collection is a complete re promote of last years. If it is, I'll just get a few Forever Marilyn BP's.. If it's not, I can't wait to see what they come up with this time. Hopefully NO REDS!

I am hoping for a true red with the Dazzle finish and uber red glitter

Valerie18

I ended up with all of the lipsticks from the first Marilyn Collection. Love Goddess is my favorite. I can only wonder what is in store with this next one. My expectations were so high for the first one and I was really let down. I was expecting some really amazing packaging!

GlamQueen21

oi another thread to follow. I am wearing TPC all the time and wish I had backed it up tho I understand it was a repromote so I have been keeping up hope that I will see it again *soon* That and the BP were must haves so if they show again I will snag em. Otherwise I have always been a lips and tips gal so backed up the l/s already. I await the color story cus either way~ new colors or same I will be happy with stuff to drool over.
TPC is my favorite blush! It surprised me when it worked well with my NW50 skintone! I wear it with Small Vanity Blush and Superb EDSF. Amazing combo!

I do hope for some new shades and repromotes in this collection so I can BU Little Rock d/g.

vaisforluvrs

Just did a search and found this on the macys website: http://www1.macys.com/shop/juniors-clothing/marilyn-monroe?id=63017&edge=hybrid and this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/18/macys-millennials-new-brands_n_1979993.html, so it's definitely a new fashion line. Maybe someone just got confused.

MACina

Me too....I am soooo redded out!

Only very deep blackened reds for me too, please!
iagree.gif
I'm so redded out. If they do make a very very dark deep blackened red lipstick though I will be all over that. I am hoping for all new products so I can lose my mind again. I am still hoping for some mauvy lipsticks. I can dream can't I?
love.gif

Beautybuyer

I put prep and prime on before I put my foundation on. That way when its time for lips it will have settled in and won't be slippery. I also always use liner when putting on lipstick only because I prefer the defined look. Make sure to fill in the whole lip with liner so the color will last longer. Hope that helped!
Thanks! I've always wiped my lips off before I lined them lol so I will start leaving it!

MACina

Yes, I had Ken
lol.gif

And a bazillion of dresses and shoes for her
girlhaha.gif

Barbie
love.gif
Did you have the boys & the men too?
lol.gif
I did. We used black sharpie markers to give them beards & mustaches. The girls had silver pins pushed into their earlobes so it looked like they had pierced ears.
rofl.gif
I even had the dog & all his cute little accessories.
lol.gif
That was bad, wasn't it
amuse.gif

Marvelle

I wasn't too thrilled with the first collection, but looking back I do regret not getting a blusher or the beauty powder (I have so many red lipsticks I really don't need anymore!). I'm hoping this collection will have some different products but maybe repromote some favs :)

Mac-Guy

Barbie
love.gif
Did you have the boys & the men too?
lol.gif
I did. We used black sharpie markers to give them beards & mustaches. The girls had silver pins pushed into their earlobes so it looked like they had pierced ears. I even had the dog & all his cute little accessories.
lol.gif
That was bad, wasn't it
amuse.gif
rofl.gif

martiangurll

Me too....I am soooo redded out!

Only very deep blackened reds for me too, please!
Ooo you give me an idea, I want a blackened Red with black and red glitter in the Dazzle finish with MM packaging. Hey, a girl can dream until we get the color story. I am psyched back up for this. Even if it is all repromotes. I will just go BU crazy on all the face products and get the glosses I missed the first time around.

MACina

th_e2cloud9.gif
....me too! Let' s dream together, martiangurll
grouphug2.gif

I think OctoberViolet will join us!

Ooo you give me an idea, I want a blackened Red with black and red glitter in the Dazzle finish with MM packaging. Hey, a girl can dream until we get the color story. I am psyched back up for this. Even if it is all repromotes. I will just go BU crazy on all the face products and get the glosses I missed the first time around.

Latest posts