MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

Beautybuyer

Wait another collection?! I also hope it's all repremotes as well. I stalked that collection too crazy I was sleep deprived! lol but got everything I wanted, I'd rather skip that this time

MACina

Barbie was definitely your collection then, Elegant
smiles.gif

It is great that you were able to get so many BUs!

If I had to chose favorites from this collection, I' d say the BPs,the blushes and the eyeshadows.
And if I had had to chose only one it would be Pearl Blossom
eyelove.gif

Elegant, I had a lot of Barbie stuff too when I was young
friends.gif

Barbie was one of the first collections that I really hoarded. For me, that was before I knew anything about 'launch day' & refresh, refresh, refresh. I knew next to nothing about their collection releases. But, I just happened to go to the MAC site that day & they had just put it online. I ordered 4 of everything
icon_eek.gif
oink, oink oink I guess.
girlhaha.gif

Barbie & I were both born in 1959 & I had all the Barbie etc. stuff when I was young.
amuse.gif

peachsuns

Talk about perfect timing! And now all the stress we go through on launch day
sweatdrop.gif
tong.gif
Yeah, me & backups =
worms.gif

Hugs my dear
friends.gif
Hi, elegant!
wavey.gif

Don't feel bad about the backups. You backup the items you really love. Right?
flower.gif
Enjoy!
heart.gif

back2topic.gif
Does anyone know if we are expecting a bunch of re-promotes or new products?

singer82

This collection sold out so quick and pissed a lot of people off, so this is probably their way if making it up. I just got the BP. If it's the same products, I'd love to get Scarlet Ibis. I was sad about missing Love Goddess, but Absolute Power is close enough. If it's different I'd love an all VP quad with one neutral matte. And finally repromote Queens Sin or a color like it. This year I finally got into reds. I def need to check out Ruby Roo.

B7uemo0n

Barbie was one of the first collections that I really hoarded. For me, that was before I knew anything about 'launch day' & refresh, refresh, refresh. I knew next to nothing about their collection releases. But, I just happened to go to the MAC site that day & they had just put it online. I ordered 4 of everything :shock: oink, oink oink I guess. :haha: Barbie & I were both born in 1959 & I had all the Barbie etc. stuff when I was young. :amused:
Got any BP you want to sell this way? :)

B7uemo0n

This collection sold out so quick and pissed a lot of people off, so this is probably their way if making it up. I just got the BP. If it's the same products, I'd love to get Scarlet Ibis. I was sad about missing Love Goddess, but Absolute Power is close enough. If it's different I'd love an all VP quad with one neutral matte. And finally repromote Queens Sin or a color like it. This year I finally got into reds. I def need to check out Ruby Roo.
I just got into Reds this year as well and am loving them. Maybe I didn't know how to rock them before or feel comfortable but now I wear any color, bright, bold or nude. Everyone is talking about Ruby Woo and I'm seriously thinking about grabbing it.

singer82

I just got into Reds this year as well and am loving them. Maybe I didn't know how to rock them before or feel comfortable but now I wear any color, bright, bold or nude. Everyone is talking about Ruby Woo and I'm seriously thinking about grabbing it.
Yay another red newbie :) I too was scared of bold lips. Now I love them. You should check out Kat Von D's Adora. It was my first red ever, it's a beautiful metallic red. I love my Absolute Power and Ruffian Red, but it's still my fav.

Beautybuyer

Yay another red newbie :) I too was scared of bold lips. Now I love them. You should check out Kat Von D's Adora. It was my first red ever, it's a beautiful metallic red. I love my Absolute Power and Ruffian Red, but it's still my fav.
I've also been getting into bolder colors (I buy and would never wear lol) what are you ladies using to make your color stay/last longer? Just lip liner? Or a primer as well?

martiangurll

I skipped this collection (whew! I said it). Except for lippies, I didn't get the connection with the shadows.

I think they should do all neutral and matte eyeshadow, a neutral shimmery lid shade, bring back the cream contour (for every skin tone or just the hottest ones that sold), a matte hot pink shade, a neutral shade and a coral matte shade and then one red from an old collection that everyone wanted like Queen's Sin or something.
In MM packaging? Ppl will lose their minds for goodness sakes. I hope the packaging is different and I like the idea of red glitter but not the like Dame Edna packaging where the stickers fell off.

Genn

In MM packaging? Ppl will lose their minds for goodness sakes. I hope the packaging is different and I like the idea of red glitter but not the like Dame Edna packaging where the stickers fell off.
I agree. I'm not a fan of paying exra for stickers.

janineios

Someone on Instagram posted that this collection will be Macy's exclusive. If it is that really pisses me off. Lol

Genn

Someone on Instagram posted that this collection will be Macy's exclusive. If it is that really pisses me off. Lol
OHHHHHH. Maybe they ticked off Macy's with their low stock of MM. I noticed Macy's online almost never gets all of a collection. It would be wise of Mac to at least have it on their own site too.

I had to go to my local Macy's to a mac counter and I know they were not happy with the amount off stock they had. I bought the 2nd FM they had and then they were sold out. When she opened the drawer to get things out it looked like they maybe had 10-15 l/s.

honey on boost

I doubt the collection is a complete re promote of last years. If it is, I'll just get a few Forever Marilyn BP's.. If it's not, I can't wait to see what they come up with this time. Hopefully NO REDS!

B7uemo0n

I've also been getting into bolder colors (I buy and would never wear lol) what are you ladies using to make your color stay/last longer? Just lip liner? Or a primer as well?
I put prep and prime on before I put my foundation on. That way when its time for lips it will have settled in and won't be slippery. I also always use liner when putting on lipstick only because I prefer the defined look. Make sure to fill in the whole lip with liner so the color will last longer. Hope that helped!

VampyCouture

I doubt the collection is a complete re promote of last years. If it is, I'll just get a few Forever Marilyn BP's.. If it's not, I can't wait to see what they come up with this time. Hopefully NO REDS!
As much as I would love to backup DA, I agree with you. I'm sure something else will come around by then. It always does w/ Mac!

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif
I'm so redded out. If they do make a very very dark deep blackened red lipstick though I will be all over that. I am hoping for all new products so I can lose my mind again. I am still hoping for some mauvy lipsticks. I can dream can't I?
love.gif