MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

MACina

party.gif
party.gif
party.gif

tong.gif
Did ever step on those plastic shoes in bare feet
icon_eek.gif
that always hurt like crazy.

Heck yes!
clap.gif

lol.gif
.....YAY
grouphug2.gif

Supercoolstephy

Barbie was DEF my fav as well. If Barbie relaunched in any type of way I would of CRAZZZZZYYY!! I dont know how far i would go! lmao
I was never able to pick up any makeup from the Barbie except for the actual MAC Barbie so I'd die for another Barbie collection. Seriously. But I do love my doll. Haha.

Nessy

Oh golly, I cannot wait for this collection, I managed to miss out on the first one (sulks in a corner). If they manage to have an amazing red like port red I will be in there like swimwear buying at least 10!!!

MaitaiFluff

I'm hoping that this collection is Marilyn, but in a whole new light. Different pictures, different packaging, and some repromotes mixed in with some new-ness. That way, those that missed out can still get some MAC Marilyn and those that got everything last year can still get excited about this collection.

KathyHC

I'm hoping that this collection is Marilyn, but in a whole new light. Different pictures, different packaging, and some repromotes mixed in with some new-ness. That way, those that missed out can still get some MAC Marilyn and those that got everything last year can still get excited about this collection.
Agreed!

gracie90

Sounds good! I'd like a softer and more natural Marilyn - less Hollywood glamour than the first one!

MACerette

iagree.gif

MaitaiFluff

Sounds good! I'd like a softer and more natural Marilyn - less Hollywood glamour than the first one!
Fa'sho!
         Different packaging would be good. My mother showed my step-father the pic on her l/s I gave her and he was convinced it was just somebody impersonating her. He didnt think it looked like Marilyn at all. :agree:    
:lol: I get that they were these big unpublished photos of her and that made them sort of special, but they weren't like "ohemgee, this IS Marilyn Monroe." We shall see how MAC plays this. I will admit, like others have said earlier, I would have loved a collection full of other classic beauties, so I'm a little skeptical of Marilyn 2.0.

EmbalmerBabe

Nooooo!!!! not again, im going to want way too much, hopefully its the same products again so i dont have to go crazy on this collec. love goddess is amazing they NEED to re promote that one for sure.

nylonkk

This time I can bring my mother to a MAC counter and buy her a MAC lipstick finally!

The l/s in the collection is creamy enough for older age range, lovely.

And let those Ebay stock keeping seller keep their "precious" stock.

Naughtyp

You're not missing anything when you didn't get preferred blonde. It's gritty, sparkly and chalky. It's nothing like any veluxe pearl I've seen. :(
I love all the es I got , PB, SS and HTM! I kno many ppl didn't care for them but I love em and use them more often than any other mac eyeshadow that I own. in general I don't buy too many eyeshadows from MAC, I prefer UD shadows. I'm getting a lil excited about this new MM collection. I'm still hoping its mostly repromotes tho, so I can get a bu of FM and get TPC finally! anyone have any idea when we can expect more info?

Honi

More Marilyn! Will be interesting to see if they just choose to repromote the entire thing or if it will be a whole new collection. I quite liked the original collections, I got Scarlet Ibis and one of the highlighter-shades from the eyeshadows (Cant remember what its called, but its white and sparkly).

I'd love a "Classic beauties" collection with Marilyn, Birgitte Bardot, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn. I'd probably buy everything, lol!

VampyCouture

More Marilyn! Will be interesting to see if they just choose to repromote the entire thing or if it will be a whole new collection. I quite liked the original collections, I got Scarlet Ibis and one of the highlighter-shades from the eyeshadows (Cant remember what its called, but its white and sparkly).

I'd love a "Classic beauties" collection with Marilyn, Birgitte Bardot, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn. I'd probably buy everything, lol!
She hasn't been mentioned on this forum, but also Rita Hayworth. I am OBSESSED with her
heart.gif

I would also add Jayne Mansfield to the list.

pemily

I dont really understand (with all the endless possibilities) why the hell MAC do a Marilyn x 2 collection the following year....

I love love love Marilyn but I believe MAC have positioned themselves within the Market because of their ever changing collections that constantly roll out.
That and their extremly talented MUA's......

my two cents.

I'm a little dissapointed.

Beautybuyer

I dont really understand (with all the endless possibilities) why the hell MAC do a Marilyn x 2 collection the following year.... I love love love Marilyn but I believe MAC have positioned themselves within the Market because of their ever changing collections that constantly roll out. That and their extremly talented MUA's...... my two cents. I'm a little dissapointed.
I think probably because everything in the collection sold like hot cakes. Not only because mac fanatics but the collectors.. Maybe also because of the big upsets of limited availability?