Marc Jacobs Beauty

Miz Pina

Thanks for the links and pics! It looks like the polish does have a cap cover similar to chanel and the size is also 13ml / .44 fl oz too. The blue, green, teal polishes look tempting and the dark red and black I'll take them!

brittbby

Omgggg I've been working on this for what feels like an eternity.
2a2bc491_image.jpeg
9cdb881a_image.jpeg
91bd7127_image.jpeg
6d77bc47_image.jpeg
4ab61821_image.jpeg
16bfe0a7_image.jpeg

brittbby

It looks like there will be a sneak peek! Sephora just added the marc jacobs beauty section and on the mobile version, I can see products but they say out of stock. Looks like a lip balm, the eyeliner pen, a couple palettes, and glosses will be available

vaisforluvrs

It looks like there will be a sneak peek! Sephora just added the marc jacobs beauty section and on the mobile version, I can see products but they say out of stock. Looks like a lip balm, the eyeliner pen, a couple palettes, and glosses will be available
I received an email to purchase select products before they go on sale. It's an exclusive 48 hour early access sale. I signed up at the website in the first post, so that must be why I received the email.

brittbby

I received an email to purchase select products before they go on sale. It's an exclusive 48 hour early access sale. I signed up at the website in the first post, so that must be why I received the email.
Ya I got it too when I woke up this AM! Hugh, the 7 color palette I wanted isn't available yet. I'm tempted to buy one to see quality though. How sad am I lol??

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks so much for posting the photos brittbby!! Absolutely adore the look of The Tease and The Vamp shadow palettes.

Some of the nail lacquers look stunning. I'm going to have to pace myself with this...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for posting the nail polish pics! Wow, I like more of those than I thought I would.

vaisforluvrs

http://www.temptalia.com/preview-marc-jacobs-beauty-collection-exclusively-at-sephora#more-123441

Additional product photos. Those brushes look amazing! I need one for sure!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
http://www.temptalia.com/preview-marc-jacobs-beauty-collection-exclusively-at-sephora#more-123441

Additional product photos. Those brushes look amazing! I need one for sure!
I just saw that too! I want the tapered brush, not sure if it's the one for $78. Then I'd have to skip, lol.

brittbby

I really wanted the vamp palette and the Lolita palette and of course neither of those is up for early preview!

brittbby

In my opinion, the price of this collection is insane. 
It's actually pretty on par with most high end cosmetics. The 7 pan eyeshadow palette is actually pretty reasonable compared to dior's $61 for 5 shadows. Now of course compared to MAC, the prices are definitely high!

katred

Specktra Bestie
It's actually pretty on par with most high end cosmetics. The 7 pan eyeshadow palette is actually pretty reasonable compared to dior's $61 for 5 shadows.
I agree. Insane is kind relative.

Unfortunately...

I just got my sneak-peak sale notification from Sephora and the prices in Canada are quite a bit higher than they should be, particularly on the shadows.

7 pan palettes are $71. That actually would still make them price-effective per shadow, but it means that they're more expensive in absolute dollars than Guerlain, Armani or Chanel (although they only have 4 shades per palette).

The three-shadow palettes are $51, which is more than the Dior 3-shadow palettes and slightly more than the Chanel 2-shadow palettes, for reference.

The glosses are $34. That's more than Chanel or Guerlain and far more than Dior and (I think) equal to Armani.

Nail polishes aren't up on the Canadian site, as far as I can see.

I guess they're about on par with other prestige brands, but if I were them, I would have tried to hold the pricing close to the US at least for the launch, since Canadians are usually slower to warm to new brands and products.

brittbby

I agree. Insane is kind relative. Unfortunately... I just got my sneak-peak sale notification from Sephora and the prices in Canada are quite a bit higher than they should be, particularly on the shadows. 7 pan palettes are $71. That actually would still make them price-effective per shadow, but it means that they're more expensive in absolute dollars than Guerlain, Armani or Chanel (although they only have 4 shades per palette). The three-shadow palettes are $51, which is more than the Dior 3-shadow palettes and slightly more than the Chanel 2-shadow palettes, for reference. The glosses are $34. That's more than Chanel or Guerlain and far more than Dior and (I think) equal to Armani. Nail polishes aren't up on the Canadian site, as far as I can see. I guess they're about on par with other prestige brands, but if I were them, I would have tried to hold the pricing close to the US at least for the launch, since Canadians are usually slower to warm to new brands and products.
Yes! That is so strange! The line is actually lower than dior for the quint, lower than chanel glosses, lower than ysl. I think in the US, it's lower or on par but those Canada prices are a little high.

brittbby

I wish the preview would've been more stuff I wanted. Those palettes are not calling my name. The 3 palette brown one sort of is but I'd rather wait to get the 7-palette Lolita or the vamp. I want a gloss but then I have to pay shipping or buy two glosses and starting off with one just makes more sense since I don't know how they'll wear. :(

LiliV

The nail polishes are the only things I'm really interested in so far. They look like unique colors. The VIB preview is so tempting but I'd rather wait for some more reviews before buying anything I think

Latest posts